NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Visionary Firearms

Old 11-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold
Default If a Mac and an Uzi had a baby

Place holder for future details and pictures. Video teaser below.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
strobro32

strobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant future

Awesome. Have you been hanging out with Murdock?

strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #3
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold

Ok she's done, kinda. Gotta figure out a way to lock the stock when folded but that's a minor detail. Pics below.
Basically this uses a Uzi frontend barrel and stock. Uses a Mac lower, upper and bolt. Oh I'm sure someone is rolling in their grave right now.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
strobro32

strobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant future

Be sure to post those pics at UT.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #5
Stan1

Stan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who plasma torched a '65 V8 Mustang in two, grafted on a '82 Supra snout, and put the Mustang back together.

This looks like it may have been a similar amount of fiddling.

Rep'ed.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #6
Mongo
Molested by Nurses

Mongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant futureMongo has a brilliant future

I forgot which 80s action movie had MACUZISTIENS in it.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #7
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
"Hmmm" as I look over at a unmolested sten mk 3 parts kit.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:08 AM   #8
DistalRadius

DistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud of

It was Stripes.

"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound
DistalRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #9
kramer

kramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
The Dogs of War with Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger. Good movie.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:45 AM   #10
towerofpower93

towerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud oftowerofpower93 has much to be proud of

I’ll ask…why, haha?

Does it do anything better than an unmolested MAC or Uzi?
towerofpower93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #11
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerofpower93 View Post
I’ll ask…why, haha?

Mostly because I can. It handles like an Uzi but has the rate of fire of a Mac with either a fast or slow bolt. Reliable 50 Rd mags. Some what quick change barrels. So kinda best of both designs. The main reason is for the guys who have a mac but want an Uzi without paying for a transferable Uzi. Yeah it's not the exact same as an Uzi but when it's 1/15th the price I doubt many would complain.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #12
strobro32

A-Team

Old 11-14-2021, 01:54 PM   #13
DistalRadius

DistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud of

Well apparently this thing really got around.

Stripes:

A-Team:

Dogs of War:
"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound
DistalRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #14
doubloon
mEdIA JuNKiE

doubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistalRadius View Post
Well apparently this thing really got around.
IMFDB is great isn't it.

Yeah, Stripes was the earliest reference I could find as well.

We're really making progress this week. First stan invents the K baffle "a while back" and now hood invents the MAC-Uzi. Both of them seem to have debuted the 80's, I wonder if there's a connection.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:14 PM   #15
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
IMFDB is great isn't it.

Yeah, Stripes was the earliest reference I could find as well.

We're really making progress this week. First stan invents the K baffle "a while back" and now hood invents the MAC-Uzi. Both of them seem to have debuted the 80's, I wonder if there's a connection.
Wait until you guys see this sentient Pontiac Firebird I’m working on
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #16
Stan1

Stan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=doubloon;323994First stan invents the K baffle "a while back" [/QUOTE]

To be clear, I only invented the K baffle about 50 years after it was invented.

Unlike Al Gore and the internet.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:31 AM   #17
Hood886

As goofy as it is and how bad it looks extended I actually really like the functionality of the stock. It puts your eye perfect for a low profile red dot or the iron sights. Is pretty comfortable and folds up pretty small.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:34 AM   #18
doubloon
mEdIA JuNKiE

doubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely like it as a package.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #19
Fishman
NFA Talk Generation Z rep

Fishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to beholdFishman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerofpower93 View Post
I’ll ask…why, haha?

It has a place to hold the gun with you off hand now. Depending on how they did it, it may have quick change barrels now, like an uzi.

More velocity.

Looks cool. Unique.

So its no better than the uzi, but cheaper.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #20
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
It has a place to hold the gun with you off hand now. Depending on how they did it, it may have quick change barrels now, like an uzi.

More velocity.

Looks cool. Unique.

So its no better than the uzi, but cheaper.
Yes it can quick change barrels.