NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Visionary Firearms

Old 02-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #1
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold
Default Pkp bullpup concept

Ok I've got a spare pkm that I really want to do something different then just make another pkm with it .

I've had the idea of making it into a pkp bullpup. What the PKP bullpup looks like https://armedfigures.com/t/pkp-pecheneg-bullpup/412

So the couple things I need to figure out.
1. I think I've got the fcg, connecting bar and trigger worked out. Not sure how I should attach the trigger and pistol grip section to the receiver. Thinking of maybe doing two pins front and back to hold it in place.

2. Any suggestions on how to go about the cheek rest for the top cover.

3. Also looking for ideas on the butt pad. Think it might have to take a magpul butt pad and trim it to the size I want and make some modifications to the rear trunnion.

Thoughts?
Old 02-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #2
Russian
Agent for Good

Russian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud ofRussian has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood886 View Post
Ok I've got a spare pkm that I really want to do something different then just make another pkm with it .

I've had the idea of making it into a pkp bullpup. What the PKP bullpup looks like https://armedfigures.com/t/pkp-pecheneg-bullpup/412

So the couple things I need to figure out.
1. I think I've got the fcg, connecting bar and trigger worked out. Not sure how I should attach the trigger and pistol grip section to the receiver. Thinking of maybe doing two pins front and back to hold it in place.

2. Any suggestions on how to go about the cheek rest for the top cover.

3. Also looking for ideas on the butt pad. Think it might have to take a magpul butt pad and trim it to the size I want and make some modifications to the rear trunnion.

Thoughts?

For the love of God, please spend the time and money to locate original PKP parts and build it the same way the factory does.
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:44 PM   #3
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
For the love of God, please spend the time and money to locate original PKP parts and build it the same way the factory does.
Well pretty sure it was never actually fielded and was only ever a prototype.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #4
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

ArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant future

Wow. That would be amazing. Exciting to see this come to life.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant futureNarsil has a brilliant future

The bullpup lover in me says bullpup the everything.

My right-brain dominated left-handedness says that all bullpups should either forward-eject or bottom eject.

I loved my Draco bullpup stock but there was no shouldering it for this lefty. Like Larry The Cucumber, I love my lips.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #6
Hood886

Default She lives

Finally finished the pkm bullpup. Need to tinker with it a little more as cases hit you in the shoulder but other then that I'm very happy with it.

Essential I built a pkm, modified the fcg to use a linkage bar, connected that linkage bar to a new trigger assembly I made and mounted further forward. Made the lower metal, attached the ammo can bracket and pistol grip to it. It protects the linkage and trigger also. here Using a zentico rail and custom spacers to mount the forward grip, bipod, optic. Made a butt pad from a block of aluminum, did some nice "gripzone" on it. Wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for a butt pad but am very happy with what I made. For the cheek pad I 3d printed a design I made that fits over the rear sight mount. Provided the correct amount of height to line up with the red dot. And I can always adjust and print if I change optics.
You can really see the size comparison when next to a standard pkm. The weight distribution is fantastic. She feels more dense then the standard but the standard is so spread out that it really makes it difficult to shoot from the shoulder.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #7
strobro32

strobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant futurestrobro32 has a brilliant future

Very cool.
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:18 PM   #8
Stan1

Stan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond reputeStan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Deluxe. Very deluxe. Repped.

How loud is the mechanical noise with your cheek up against the receiver?
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:03 PM   #9
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
Deluxe. Very deluxe. Repped.

How loud is the mechanical noise with your cheek up against the receiver?
Quieter then sticking your head to a Mac 11. It's loud but it's not terrible. I think the full size one is louder. This one isn't broken is so probably less bolt velocity. Now as a suppressor host I think the pkm is pretty good at suppressing all things considered. Will meter it if we have a meet up in GA.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #10
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

ComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud ofComputerShooter has much to be proud of

That is cool AF!

“Truth is hate speech to those that hate Truth...”

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:10 PM   #11
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond reputeTwinsen has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered about the ejection.

ETA sorry, this was a partial post.

It looks like it came out great. I'm jealous.

Last edited by Twinsen; 05-30-2022 at 04:56 AM.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:33 PM   #12
Hood886

So far it just hits me in the shoulder, doesn't hurt but you do notice it. Got to test it some more, if it becomes a problem I'll weld a little deflector on it or something. But I'd rather it hit me in the shoulder then in the arm where it most certainly will cut you after a few rounds.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:09 PM   #13
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond reputeCcoffin has a reputation beyond repute

That thing is freaking awesome. Beautiful work.
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:06 PM   #14
Hood886

I think the rof difference is due to the feed angle change and the gun needing to wear in a bit. It's a bit stiffer then the pkm. If it stays like this it really makes me think of it like a Russian m60
Old 05-30-2022, 06:06 PM   #15
Hood886

Suppressed
Old 05-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #16
doubloon
mEdIA JuNKiE

doubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond reputedoubloon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
looks like fun
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:45 PM   #17
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

ArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant future

Absolutely epic and the only one I have ever seen outside Russian SF testing on russina gun range.

Congratulations for being epic!
Old 05-31-2022, 05:53 AM   #18
Bumpin88

Bumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to allBumpin88 is a name known to all

Quote:
Finally finished the pkm bullpup. Need to tinker with it a little more as cases hit you in the shoulder but other then that I'm very happy with it.

Essential I built a pkm, modified the fcg to use a linkage bar, connected that linkage bar to a new trigger assembly I made and mounted further forward. Made the lower metal, attached the ammo can bracket and pistol grip to it. It protects the linkage and trigger also. here Using a zentico rail and custom spacers to mount the forward grip, bipod, optic. Made a butt pad from a block of aluminum, did some nice "gripzone" on it. Wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for a butt pad but am very happy with what I made. For the cheek pad I 3d printed a design I made that fits over the rear sight mount. Provided the correct amount of height to line up with the red dot. And I can always adjust and print if I change optics.
You can really see the size comparison when next to a standard pkm. The weight distribution is fantastic. She feels more dense then the standard but the standard is so spread out that it really makes it difficult to shoot from the shoulder.

Haven't been on in months and this one of the first threads I see. That thing is glorious! It looks like it is lefty friendly..
Bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:22 PM   #19
DistalRadius

DistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud ofDistalRadius has much to be proud of

I dig it more than I thought I would. Really looks like it balances much better.

Just a thought: I wonder if you could in squeeze something like an AFG (possibly modded) in order to bring your off hand back a bit allowing you to mount the bipod on the HG rather than cantilevering it out there? Or maybe even a forward canted grip like the Lage offering? Or hey, this may be a good candidate for those side-rail mounted bipods...

Really cool project, glad to see it running.
"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound
DistalRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #20
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistalRadius View Post
I dig it more than I thought I would. Really looks like it balances much better.

Just a thought: I wonder if you could in squeeze something like an AFG (possibly modded) in order to bring your off hand back a bit allowing you to mount the bipod on the HG rather than cantilevering it out there? Or maybe even a forward canted grip like the Lage offering? Or hey, this may be a good candidate for those side-rail mounted bipods...

Really cool project, glad to see it running.
Issue is you've got to be able to reach around the drum. Anything closer and your trying to jam your hand between the rails nd the drum. I find it pretty comfortable where it's at. Would like a 50 Rd thinner drum but that's not gonna happen and I don't want to deal with making one.