NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Capitol Armory

Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Joshua_CapitolArmory
Capitol Armory

Joshua_CapitolArmory will become famous soon enoughJoshua_CapitolArmory will become famous soon enough
Default Meet the SilencerCo Osprey Micro!

Hot off the presses, the SilencerCo Osprey Micro is a 22LR suppressor that takes the modularity of the Salvo and the eccentric design of the Osprey and puts them into a small package. In it's longest length (4.6", 6.1oz) it meters at 112.4 dB and can be brought down to 3" to make it the shortest rimfire suppressor on the market.

As with the Osprey, the eccentric design allows for a full sight picture on pistols without suppressor sights. A rapid attach adapter allows for consistant and fast mounting. To make timing easier, the Ospery Micro includes a tool, guide, and color coded shims to make alignment much faster than traditional timing of muzzle devices.

The Osprey Micro is full auto rated, and can be used for .22LR, .17HMR, .22MAG, and .22WMR. The serial number is engraved onto the rearmost baffle, allowing for easy repair should the Osprey Micro become damaged.

Currently, Capitol Armory is one of two dealers with approved Form 3s. The Osprey Micro is available at the link below.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/silence...uppressor.html

Joshua_CapitolArmory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of light

shutupandtakemymoney.img
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

Who needs an outer tube anyway?
Since the osprey is screwed together with blast baffle booster housing, I guess this could work for larger calibers as well. Cool.

Looking forward to the new hybrid too. 22 Up to 458 socom - talk about one to rule them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=6&v=YTOWhyBc_2I

Last edited by owensww; 09-16-2015 at 10:56 AM.
owensww is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #4
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Next up... Osprey MK2 in 9mm and 45 with the same baffle stack, lack of outer tube and configurability.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
Glocktogo

Glocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of light

The Micro and Hybrid might put me back in the suppressor market!

Not sold on the Maxim yet. Revolutionary, but only if it works.
Glocktogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
strobro32

strobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to all

Old 09-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
fastfire

fastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of lightfastfire is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismartin View Post
Next up... Osprey MK2 in 9mm and 45 with the same baffle stack, lack of outer tube and configurability.

If the manufacturers can change the length by removing or adding sections including baffles, next, interchangeable baffle stack?
fastfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #8
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

This one uses square bore technology.

Time for someone to build a modular form 1 sardine can silencer. Just peel and shoot. Pepe le pew pew pew

Last edited by owensww; 09-17-2015 at 12:35 PM.
owensww is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:25 AM   #9
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really nice

This will be so much easier for my 3d printer!

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -Cornelius Tacitus

I want somebody to do it for me. This ass isn't gonna fatten itself. -Twinsen

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Ben B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #10
strobro32

strobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to all

I can't wait for this to be metered. The FRP on these seems to be to pretty big on the videos.

I wonder if they will release an integral.

Also they recommend no dip or wet tumbling for a 22 can? Might damage the finish?

Last edited by strobro32; 09-18-2015 at 05:39 AM.
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:46 AM   #11
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

That thing looks a whole lot like the grease-packed throw away suppressors that Glock sells in Africa. Not kidding.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
DistalRadius

DistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to all

Holy crap. Looks like they sell them in France too.

Only 15 suppressed shots?

awhellnaw.gif
"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound
DistalRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

Look forward to some meter numbers !
Old 10-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #14
telero

telero will become famous soon enough
Question

I wonder if this was timed so that it was upside down if a tube fed 22 rifle would be clear it for reloading? If so, would the sights/scope see over it? Maybe if it was timed so that it stuck out one side or the other?
telero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by telero View Post
.....Maybe if it was timed so that it stuck out one side or the other?
This. Also put sights on it so I can hold gangsta style and still use sights.

Last edited by hypervdh; 10-05-2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: It is a good idea for lever guns and old pumps.
hypervdh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
Joshua_CapitolArmory
Capitol Armory

Joshua_CapitolArmory will become famous soon enoughJoshua_CapitolArmory will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
This. Also put sights on it so I can hold gangsta style and still use sights.
Please tell me someone saw the picture of me with the Alpha Dog suppressor (with sights on it) sideways on the full auto Glock....
Joshua_CapitolArmory is offline   Reply With Quote