NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 11-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
o poo

o poo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy summer promotion freebies shipped??

Has anyone had one of the free promotion silencers arrive at their dealer yet?

Summer is long gone.
o poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
ATCDoktor

ATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to all

If you bought a Silencerco can in support of their summer sale and you’re waiting for your “free” can to show up, the can you purchased to get the free can will be ATF approved and and half shot out before the free can gets to your dealer.
ATCDoktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
o poo

Yes, talking about a free one from the summer sale purchase.
I would like at least to be able to get the paperwork started.

Have been waiting for 11.5 months now on my last purchases to "clear"
Old 11-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
Fishman

Fishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the rough

On one hand, I agree that this is taking a while.

On the other hand, we're barely past the 4month timeframe they estimated it would take. Plus, you are complaining about a company not giving you free stuff fast enough.
Fishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
o poo

Well I want to be able to get the form4 sent in.
I would like to have a chance to use it before my final nap.

As for bitching about "free", I am sure they have made enough money on all my purchases from them to break even.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #6
Fishman

Fishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by o poo View Post
As for bitching about "free", I am sure they have made enough money on all my purchases from them to break even.
Since when is a business's goal to break even? Lol.
Fishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
ATCDoktor

ATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to all

I’ve been doing this long enough to have the built in patience to forget about these things a let the process run its course and having enough cans and machine guns and shit to shoot while the paperwork meanders through the process makes it a cake walk reference waiting.

That said, I naively thought they were sitting on a shitload of inventory in anticipation of the HPA getting passed and finally said “fuck it, let’s get this shit sold before we go broke” but alas that was wishful thinking.

It appears they didn’t even start building cans in support of the free shit they were offering till after the promotion ended (and didn’t have a single can in stock to forward out ISO their free offerings).

And what sucks is the offer built a logjam of form 4’s choking the system for the purchases and when the free cans are finished and hit the dealers it’ll create a secondary logjam ISO processing them.

It’ll be more than a year from purchase till the free cans are approved.

Last edited by ATCDoktor; 11-28-2018 at 08:04 PM.
ATCDoktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #8
superdrag67

superdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura about

I think they might have had some surplus but according to the thread on ARF they sold 8k more cans than they had anticipated.
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
...you are complaining about a company not giving you free stuff fast enough.

I see it more as "you are complaining about a company who made promises based on your spending money with them (which you did) that they are not keeping, seem little motivated to keep them, and are not providing any information as to why the promised items are delayed."

That's a valid complaint IMO.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #10
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

I bet the few employees they have left are doing multiple jobs, thus don't have time to do much in the way of customer service or communication. They got "Remington'd" as Twinsen might say...
Old 11-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
I see it more as "you are complaining about a company who made promises based on your spending money with them (which you did) that they are not keeping, seem little motivated to keep them, and are not providing any information as to why the promised items are delayed."

With a simple email blast, to the involved parties, this whole thread could be shutdown... Give people realistic timetables for production of the said product and stick to that schedule, even if it means overtime for the production force, but stick to your word if at all possible. They have had some incredible sales in recent times, that border on inventory liquidation, and it makes them look like they are struggling. They are probably positioning themselves for some sort of future push instead and basically trolling the whole industry in the process. They have not gotten to where they are by making rookie mistakes... I see them coming out of this smelling like a rose...as usual. If they sold 8,000 silencers, that will take a while to make. That is a lot of cans, A LOT and those all have to be made from scratch. Figure on a couple hundred a day at best and it turns into 40 work days (2 months basically) making nothing but free product, they have to keep the lights on so they have to also make product that they can sell for a profit at the same time, so the production of the free product is probably 1/3 to 1/4 the pace I mention above...it is gonna take a while to make all those free cans. They will get them done, it will just take a while to do it.

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #12
Cordex

Cordex has a spectacular aura aboutCordex has a spectacular aura aboutCordex has a spectacular aura aboutCordex has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Figure on a couple hundred a day at best and it turns into 40 work days (2 months basically) making nothing but free product, they have to keep the lights on so they have to also make product that they can sell for a profit at the same time, so the production of the free product is probably 1/3 to 1/4 the pace I mention above...it is gonna take a while to make all those free cans. They will get them done, it will just take a while to do it.
I don't disagree with anything in your post except the characterization of the suppressors as "free product". I would call it product offered as part of a package deal. In my opinion they were paid (a discounted rate to be sure) for those cans up front with the original transaction.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from dealing with Liberty's sales.
Cordex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:25 PM   #13
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordex View Post
I don't disagree with anything in your post except the characterization of the suppressors as "free product". I would call it product offered as part of a package deal. In my opinion they were paid (a discounted rate to be sure) for those cans up front with the original transaction.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from dealing with Liberty's sales.
Yeah, they did a bunch of math to make sure they didn't do too much red ink in the ledger, your right there... They could still communicate better though... Thanks for correcting that.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #14
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post

This

The can is not free, it is part of a package deal, like cordex also said. This product has been paid for and has not been delivered in a timely fashion. Until they have delivered the product, they have not fulfilled their obligation. This is the kind of stuff that really turns people off to a company, which would be a shame considering the good reputation they built.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #15
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Got this today. They must have heard you...

SilencerCo

38 mins ·

Our production team is working day and night to complete and ship all products from the summer promotion as quickly as possible. The massive response to the promotion was a welcome surprise but has also presented some unique challenges due to the large volumes. We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience. You’ll receive an email as soon as your product has been shipped to dealers. #octane #assembly #shipping