NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 03-12-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light
Default Infiniti is back as the Infiniti X!

Infiniti X Webpage

Have fun today!

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Fishman

Fishman is just really niceFishman is just really niceFishman is just really niceFishman is just really niceFishman is just really niceFishman is just really nice

Do the liberty/cosmic/infinity adapters work with any other manufacturer's silencers? It would be nice to interchange adapters that I already own
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Do the liberty/cosmic/infinity adapters work with any other manufacturer's silencers? It would be nice to interchange adapters that I already own
GEMTECH once upon a time, would interchange, but at some point they changed their spec slightly and they don't anymore.

That is the only one I am aware of that once did...

Dave

Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Fr3d

Fr3d is on a distinguished road

Looks sweet! Is the core ultrasonic cleaner safe (of course the finish on the endcap will come off)?
Fr3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Kristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
GEMTECH once upon a time, would interchange, but at some point they changed their spec slightly and they don't anymore.

That is the only one I am aware of that once did...

Dave
I use a Liberty 3Lug adapter on my Thompson Machine Isis-2 and SG-2.
Kristofer_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofer_G View Post
I use a Liberty 3Lug adapter on my Thompson Machine Isis-2 and SG-2.
Interesting...

Old 03-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #7
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3d View Post
Looks sweet! Is the core ultrasonic cleaner safe (of course the finish on the endcap will come off)?
There is mixed reviews on whether or not titanium alloys can be put in an ultrasonic tank, I personally have not seen the negative side effects. They claim is attacks the aluminum molecules in the allow and causes micro pitting, but we have not seen that so far. So I don't know for sure.

Dave

Old 03-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #8
Fr3d

Fr3d is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the insight. I too have never had an issue, but hear both it’s fine or it will cavitate and pit the metal.
Fr3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:01 AM   #9
GlobalTJB

GlobalTJB will become famous soon enough

What improvements are over the standard infiniti's suppression ability, and is a conversion worth it?

Last edited by GlobalTJB; 03-16-2019 at 12:05 AM.
GlobalTJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #10
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTJB View Post
What improvements are over the standard infiniti's suppression ability, and is a conversion worth it?
To be honest, it is all about the weight savings over the others, nothing more. You gain no more calibers, no more suppression...nothing other than weight. For the person who uses it for say, hunting, it is great as it is only 7.8 ounces...

Dave

Old 04-30-2019, 06:47 AM   #11
DarrinH

DarrinH is on a distinguished road

Makes sense. I think I will be getting one of those since hunting is the exact use I had in mind for it.
DarrinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:59 AM   #12
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinH View Post
Makes sense. I think I will be getting one of those since hunting is the exact use I had in mind for it.
Welcome to NFA TALK! I feel honored to get your first post!

Thank you!!!!

Dave

Old 08-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #13
Bumpin88

Bumpin88 is on a distinguished road

Just curious is 7.8 oz light enough for it to cycle a Beretta M92 without the booster?
Bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #14
sub
Liberty Suppressors

I don't know, the total weight will bump up a little with the LoPro installed to probably 8.5 or so...

It probably wont. That normally takes something like 4 or 5 ounces if memory serves me. I think it was REALLY low though. I had a friend with a modified HK UPS 45 and it would cycle with the right ammo, he had put special springs in the gun to get it to work though... it had some sort of AAC can on it, that was years ago though and I have not seen one since...

Dave

Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #15
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

I’ll test it for you, Dave. Just send out an Infiniti and I’ll get it done at no cost.

My multimount weighed in at 11.68oz and 8.5” long with liberty’s normal fixed mount. I might pop by the range today anyway. I doubt it will cycle but If it does, that should answer that for you.
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #16
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibal View Post
I’ll test it for you, Dave. Just send out an Infiniti and I’ll get it done at no cost.

My multimount weighed in at 11.68oz and 8.5” long with liberty’s normal fixed mount. I might pop by the range today anyway. I doubt it will cycle but If it does, that should answer that for you.
My Beretta functioned fine with Win 124gr NATO, Geco 124gr, and I had two failure to ejects with American Eagle 124gr subsonic “suppressor” which is the weakest ammo I had available. The 124gr suppressor cycles the slide slowly even with a booster. I must have forgotten to bring American Eagle 147gr suppressor so I didn’t test it.

The center of gravity for the steel mount and aluminum multi mount is about 3.75” from the barrel’s muzzle end.

Last edited by Gibal; 08-13-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Clarified which muzzle
Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #17
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibal View Post
My Beretta functioned fine with Win 124gr NATO, Geco 124gr, and I had two failure to ejects with American Eagle 124gr subsonic “suppressor” which is the weakest ammo I had available. The 124gr suppressor cycles the slide slowly even with a booster. I must have forgotten to bring American Eagle 147gr suppressor so I didn’t test it.

The center of gravity for the steel mount and aluminum multi mount is about 3.75” from the muzzle end.
Interesting! I would have thought it would not work at all, this is kinda neat as it might open up some doors for people doing FROM 1 projects... THANKS!!!

Old 08-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #18
Gibal
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Interesting! I would have thought it would not work at all, this is kinda neat as it might open up some doors for people doing FROM 1 projects... THANKS!!!
No problem! If it can cycle with a heavier can, an infiniti should be a breeze.

I took it out again in between a couple rounds of skeet. American Eagle 147 Suppressor shot flawlessly but 158gr Fiocchi choked on every ejected casing.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #19
DistalRadius

DistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to allDistalRadius is a name known to all

TforeheadslappingFW you suddenly realize why your old booster-less YHM Maxim .45 can ran great for the first couple of years but lately has exhibited cycling problems.

Mega-derp. The build-up had pushed the overall weight over the limit for a booster-less can. How in the the hell did that never occur to me?

Now to consider how to go about getting the crud out of a sealed carbon steel can...
"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound
DistalRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #20
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistalRadius View Post
Now to consider how to go about getting the crud out of a sealed carbon steel can...
Electrolysis if you have shot lead, or FMJ with exposed bases.
Foaming bore cleaner for the carbon.