NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 09-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4mk1t View Post
The one we did in July at Red Hill Range in GA has been the closest to you so far.

But if you can line up a venue and get on the test schedule for 2019, the test could come to you.

What are the venue requirements?

Red Hill's an 8 hour drive from me; definitely doable.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #22
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
What are the venue requirements?

Red Hill's an 8 hour drive from me; definitely doable.
Basically, just a safe place to shoot.
Can be a bay at your local gun club that you can get exclusive use of for a day.
Or on private property that has an adequate backstop and is outside of city limits, or not subject to any firearms discharge ordinances.

Other things like adequate parking and a port-a-john or other restroom facilities need consideration.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #23
superdrag67

superdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura about

That's awesome! I'd love to see some video of that thing.

I agree the can needs something to blend in better with the gun though.
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:47 AM   #24
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

I keep telling them, they need to make a case-hardened suppressor.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #25
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
I keep telling them, they need to make a case-hardened suppressor.

Dave, I need to know if the removable sleeve and end plate are considered serialized parts and, if not, the price for a no-finish replacement set that I could send off for color case hardening!

—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Old 10-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #26
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

The square tubing on this one is the serialized part...

IT is also aluminum.

Color case hardened would look sick.

David

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #27
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Dave, how do you feel about my posting a photo of the core here in your subforum?
It is cool, photos or anything else you want to do, have at it. It is yours.

David

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #28
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
The square tubing on this one is the serialized part...

IT is also aluminum.

Color case hardened would look sick.

David

That's a bummer. I don't think you can color case harden aluminum. Perhaps there is an anodizing technique that mimics the appearance of CCH. I must research. Hi Ho, Google Awaaaay!

Quote:

David

Thank you!

—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Old 10-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #29
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's a bummer. I don't think you can color case harden aluminum. Perhaps there is an anodizing technique that mimics the appearance of CCH. I must research. Hi Ho, Google Awaaaay!

This dude seems to be making progress with duplicating the effect.

http://www.airgunrendezvous.com/rend...ad.php?2,13970
Old 10-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #30
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

I went to go see her today and drop off all the paperwork. I took a couple photos. The color case hardened receiver is even more gorgeous in person than I'd thought from the photos. I didn't realize this photo wasn't quite in focus when I looked at on my phone. I hate it when that happens.

Here's what the core looks like.

The SOT who's doing the transfer for me is looking into adding a front sight post to the can sleeve since Dave's crew did such a good job of making the whole thing so rock solid. He's leaning towards TIG welding a small contoured plate to the top of the sleeve at the front and milling a dovetail into the plate. He'll install a fiber optic post in the dovetail. I've got plenty of time to decide what I want him to do.

—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Old 10-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #31
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

Quote:
I went to go see her today and drop off all the paperwork. I took a couple photos. The color case hardened receiver is even more gorgeous in person than I'd thought from the photos. I didn't realize this photo wasn't quite in focus when I looked at on my phone. I hate it when that happens.

Here's what the core looks like.

The SOT who's doing the transfer for me is looking into adding a front sight post to the can sleeve since Dave's crew did such a good job of making the whole thing so rock solid. He's leaning towards TIG welding a small contoured plate to the top of the sleeve at the front and milling a dovetail into the plate. He'll install a fiber optic post in the dovetail. I've got plenty of time to decide what I want him to do.
Way cool!
You need to send pics to Henry. Hint that maybe he needs to call Dave.

Kudos to Dave and crew for such a cool custom.
You better bring this to a 2019 metering event!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #32
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

David
That attitude.

We need to figure out how to bottle it an distribute it.

Enjoy having the only one while it lasts Narsil.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #33
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4mk1t View Post
Way cool!
You need to send pics to Henry. Hint that maybe he needs to call Dave.

Kudos to Dave and crew for such a cool custom.
You better bring this to a 2019 metering event!

I'll take some better photos and send them to Henry. I need to ask them if their picatinny rail occludes the rear sight anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
That attitude.

We need to figure out how to bottle it an distribute it.

Enjoy having the only one while it lasts Narsil.

I agree; Dave's a standup guy.

I figure now the photos are out, some other SOT will manufacture one before my Form 4 clears.

—Al'Lan Mandragoran