NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC)

Old 07-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

ComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to behold
Default .45-70 in TiRant?

Will the older model ACC TiRant .45 handle .45-70 ? Pondering a lever gun.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” – H.L. Mencken”

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to all

Just be sure to film it and post it up here.
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

ComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to beholdComputerShooter is a splendid one to behold

I'll take that as a "no".

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” – H.L. Mencken”

Old 07-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
Stan1

Stan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant futureStan1 has a brilliant future

I’ve seen it done, subs only of course.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
ATCDoktor

ATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to beholdATCDoktor is a splendid one to behold

I’ve shot 45/70 subs through my 45 Tirant (serial number 39) and it will handle subsonic ammo no problem.

That said, I believe the bore diameter on the Tirant (and my 45 Octane) is just a little too tight as I would get wildly errant rounds from time to time and that’s indicative of the bullet rubbing the baffles/endcap.

I never have that issue with my Bowers CAC 45 (bores a little larger on the CAC) and that big bitch is just as quiet as the smaller Tirant and Octane.

ETA:
Diameter for my 45 Tirants muzzle Is .500”.
Bowers CAC is .515”.

Last edited by ATCDoktor; 07-29-2020 at 09:02 PM.
ATCDoktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to behold

Can't speak on the TiRant, but I've put quite a few subs through my Octane and Obsidian. Rugged came right out and said their can will handle commercial loads as well.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #7
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

Thanks guys. I think I need to consider another host. I was looking at the Marlin Black series. I need to give this some more thought. Rather not buy a new can at this time. Maybe look at something in .357 mag or .44 mag.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:05 PM   #8
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerShooter View Post
Thanks guys. I think I need to consider another host. I was looking at the Marlin Black series. I need to give this some more thought. Rather not buy a new can at this time. Maybe look at something in .357 mag or .44 mag.
38 special is very pleasant suppressed, a lot quieter than the 44, which is similar to an AR 300 blk. I don’t think marlin is the best host though with subsonics. The 38 special brass doesn’t expand enough to completely seal the slightly loose chamber. You will notice that the right ear numbers are higher than the left from the gases escaping the loading port. I would look at getting a Winchester 92 or better yet one of the browning BLR rifles or the Henry longranger copy in 308 or a pump 7600 35 Remington and talk to yondering.

Last edited by owensww; 07-31-2020 at 07:09 AM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:38 AM   #9
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into them, but squirty eight seems a little wimpy. I will look at your suggestions. Are you talking about .308 subs? .35 Remington? .35 Remington? WTF is that? Certainly none in current inventory. But I am just an egg and much is unknown to me.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 AM   #10
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to beholdowensww is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerShooter View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into them, but squirty eight seems a little wimpy. I will look at your suggestions. Are you talking about .308 subs? .35 Remington? .35 Remington? WTF is that? Certainly none in current inventory. But I am just an egg and much is unknown to me.
35 Remington is a caliber one of the members here experiments with. I believe it is yondering. He loads heavy subsonic ammo that is supposedly very effective on deer and has a threaded pump rifle, although it is a classic lever action caliber. Ben Lilly nearly wiped out the eastern black bears with the 35 Remington.

I think the 357/38 combo is cool because you can shoot supersonic 357 and it can still be hearing safe suppressed. People do hunt deer with heavy 38 specials, but you can potentially still use light loads on small game. It is only a little louder than 22lr.

44 is a good bet for commercial subsonics and it seems to be one of the most common subsonic deer calibers. It doesn’t sound as pleasant to me, and is not hearing safe supersonic suppressed. Then there is 45 Long Colt.

Maybe you could get one of these is 300 blk.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-action-ar-15/

Last edited by owensww; 07-31-2020 at 08:27 AM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:13 AM   #11
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to beholdFulliautomatix is a splendid one to behold

You'll put your eye out kid!
Old 07-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #12
ComputerShooter
Senior Moment

Love the Red Ryder whatever it is. Triple Dog Dare!

Thanks for pointing out the versatility of the .38 special/.357 combination.

This whole question came up when my TiRant complained about only having pistol hosts to play with. It claims it wants to grow up and be a big boy someday. My Mystic will handle all my 30 cal needs, but I will do some more looking and thinking.