NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 09-21-2019, 10:30 PM   #1
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about
Default Its been a while

I came here looking for the welrod test results and couldn't find them. We dont have a real welrod in our collection but we have some real parts.

I work about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week so i dont get a lot of time to be on forums.

I toolpathed a 1928A1 Thompson Cutts compensator mount for a fall release suppressor today, Saturday. The part assembly began as a relatively simple concept and quick project that became more complex and developed into one week design to cnc programming. Obviously 1928s arent common but I've seen them as really cool Americana since I was a kid reading the gun that made the 20s roar, when kits were $275 that I couldn't afford, so it seemed like a neccessary pursuit despite our 20 hour mfg days with no end in sight. I'm excited to shoot an unmolested, 1928A1 Thompson suppressed.

The company has had amazing growth every year of our history. I appreciate the customers who make it possible.

We reinvest the majority of our revenue in efforts to bring you the products that you needed but didn't know about.

I have always loved firearms and I see a lot of companies in firearms who are run by owners who would rather golf and lack the passion and shouldn't be in firearms. I'm proud to run a business where we appreciate and hire the true believers who also love firearms and the meaning they bring America.

Is it insane to set up a totally booked out $300,000 twin turret machine to run a tiny run of suppressor mounts for a 80-100 year old platform very few people have? ABSOLUTELY. Would I miss it for the world? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Last edited by green0; 09-22-2019 at 09:23 AM.
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

I don't think Bill has posted them yet.
If memory serves, it metered a little over 120dB, but the perceived sound was that of snapping your fingers. Very quiet to the ear. It was a hoot to finally see Stan's baby and get to shoot it.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #3
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

This is odd. The results were posted. My browser even remember the page. But, the link is now dead.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:27 AM   #4
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
This is odd. The results were posted. My browser even remember the page. But, the link is now dead.
I pulled them, and am going through each of them. Bill accidentally used a corrupt sheet, so I am in the middle of verifying them all for correctness (calculations were off). This has slowed me down a bit, my apologies.

I do however have that particular test verified:

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16597
Old 09-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. It was interesting to see the results. It looked like the thread posted numbers vs an aac tirant 9 in different frequency ranges to give a picture of performance. It was a little confusing. The gun looked great. Really impressive to duplicate an original like that.

At one point we were working a project that we had to backshelf that had some crossover.

Wipes are interesting like that. We took a long rev 9 and g19 to the range with a molded wipe up front and holding the slide shut on that was 119db with hush 147grain that you would guess was 110 to 112.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
strobro32

strobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to beholdstrobro32 is a splendid one to behold

I just wanted to say thanks. I took your Stealth endcap/wipe/Octane9/G19/158 grain to the range the other day. With the slide held shut it was shockingly quiet.

Do you have any tips for keeping the wipe from falling back into the can after as few shots?
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to allowensww is a name known to all

What material do you recommend for durable wipes? How thick should it be? Will the 45 cal stealth end cap with wipe function as well on 9 mm as the 9mm stealth end cap with wipe will?

I’m thinking this would be great to use on the 44/77 and the Marlin 1884 C with the Rev45.

Would the old end cap break if you tried to put a wipe in it?

Last edited by owensww; 09-22-2019 at 07:00 PM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #8
green0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks. I took your Stealth endcap/wipe/Octane9/G19/158 grain to the range the other day. With the slide held shut it was shockingly quiet.

Do you have any tips for keeping the wipe from falling back into the can after as few shots?

Watch the wipe video, hopefully someone called the mcmaster carr part number of the lockwasher we use for that purpose. If not present, email cs tell them to ask Austin for the part number.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #9
green0

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
What material do you recommend for durable wipes? How thick should it be? Will the 45 cal stealth end cap with wipe function as well on 9 mm as the 9mm stealth end cap with wipe will?

I’m thinking this would be great to use on the 44/77 and the Marlin 1884 C with the Rev45.

Would the old end cap break if you tried to put a wipe in it?
We used something like an 85 durometer polyeurethane sheet from mcmaster, same deal called out in the video.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #10
green0

is the link the mcmaster part numbers are all in the information typed under the video.