NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Deep Creek Outfitters, LLC

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
MrM4
Deep Creek Outfitters LLC

MrM4 will become famous soon enoughMrM4 will become famous soon enough
Default NFA ENGRAVING SPECIAL

For the Month of September we will be offering a special price for our internet customers on our CNC engraving services.
NAME, CITY, STATE for only $75
NAME, CITY, STATE, MODEL, SER# for only $85
-Give your NFA build a Professional look.
-All engraving meets the NFAs requirements and is done with a CNC controlled Mill.
-As a 07/02 we can engrave your item before or after your Form 1 clears.
-In additon to receivers we can engrave trigger packs and bolts for those of you who have your SOT.
- 1-2 week turn around times.
We ask that customers to send us thier receiver stripped if possible, in some cases that may not be possible and we can work around it. All that we need is a copy of your Drivers License, the Text you want engraved and the Location. If you have an approved FORM 1 we will need a copy of that as well.
We can return the gun directly to you, no dealer needed on your end. Sale price does not include return shipping, most of the time we can use a USPS Flat rate. Inshurance is on the buyers dime is always recommended.
www.FUNGUNSHOOT.com

Last edited by MrM4; 09-05-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Bendersquint
Stalking Rhino Industries

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

Make sure you tell your customers that for items like Form1 silencers it needs to be engraved prior to finishing the tube as it is illegal to ship unmarked silencers(even if shipped to a manufacturer, we won't even get into marking variances). You can engrave the silencer tube prior to the stamp coming back so long as the tube isn't threaded., just trimmed to length. Before the threading its nothing more than a tube.

What are your normal non-sales rates? I guess I need to charge more to stay competitive!

Last edited by MrM4; 09-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
copenhagen

copenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post

What are your normal non-sales rates? I guess I need to charge more to stay competitive!

Especially considering you can go down to the local trophy shop here and get a lower engraved for $10.00.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
MrM4

Very good info for people to know Bender.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Bendersquint

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

Why did you edit my post?

What did you remove that wasn't to your liking?

What are your normal non-sales rates for engraving?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
MrM4

I hit the edit button rather then reply and submitted it all before I relized what happened, it should be exactly as you posted it.

Normal Rate is $85 on NAME CITY STATE, $95 on NAME CITY STATE MODLE AND SER# as well as CALIBER. iff the owner wants.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Bendersquint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4 View Post
I hit the edit button rather then reply and submitted it all before I relized what happened, it should be exactly as you posted it.

Normal Rate is $85 on NAME CITY STATE, $95 on NAME CITY STATE MODLE AND SER# as well as CALIBER. iff the owner wants.
PLUS shipping?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

CNC time is pricey. I'm sure his engravings beat the hell out of the trophy shop job I had done on my lower (I only paid $20). Having said that, if I have more lowers engraved I'll take them to the same shop, because as long as I'm legal I don't have much preference to looks
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Bendersquint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Crunkleton View Post
CNC time is pricey. I'm sure his engravings beat the hell out of the trophy shop job I had done on my lower (I only paid $20). Having said that, if I have more lowers engraved I'll take them to the same shop, because as long as I'm legal I don't have much preference to looks

Thats why I was asking what his normal rates are as ours is done on CNC as well and we are notably cheaper returned and insured.

I need to up my rates!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
copenhagen

copenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to beholdcopenhagen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Crunkleton View Post
You mean you weren't totally blown away by my 10 dollar engravings on Saturday?!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
kramer

kramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to beholdkramer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
You mean you weren't totally blown away by my 10 dollar engravings on Saturday?!
Sounds like you use one of those dollar store electric engraving pens! LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
MrM4

The machine & software were not cheap add programing time, tooling and labor and there you have it. If your happy with a $10 trophy shop scratch job that is legal go for it. I can understand that people cut corners to save cost but alot of people like their NFA items to look good.

Im sure we all know CNC work is not cheap. I have not had anyone raise an eye at the price. In the last 2 hours Ive had 2 customers take advantage of the sale so I think we are pretty competitive.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Yours look a lot like mine, except I put mine on the front of the receiver, and it's moderately smaller.

I was totally blown away by your collection for sure.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
Bendersquint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM4 View Post
The machine & software were not cheap add programing time, tooling and labor and there you have it. If your happy with a $10 trophy shop scratch job that is legal go for it. I can understand that people cut corners to save cost but alot of people like their NFA items to look good.

Im sure we all know CNC work is not cheap. I have not had anyone raise an eye at the price. In the last 2 hours Ive had 2 customers take advantage of the sale so I think we are pretty competitive.
Just because a trophy shop does it doesn't mean its a scratch job. A local to me trophy shop has a higher end CNC than I am running!

I have seen plenty of trophy shops that do better than most of the FFL's that hock engraving.

Don't underestimate a trophy shop just because they don't have an FFL, specialize in guns or charge as much as you do.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
MrM4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post

I have seen plenty of trophy shops that do better than most of the FFL's that hock engraving.
Agreed, and then theres plenty of trophy shops that do crappy jobs on guns.

Bender if you dont like the price thats fine, I would never bitch about pricing in a fellow SOTs thread and I will not let you continue to Crap in this thread.
Closed Thread