NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Front Toward Enemy Firearms

Old 09-15-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
combat45acp

combat45acp will become famous soon enough
Default Our Transfers Fees for Title I and II

Got an email about transfers, and cost. Figured I would just post it here.

Title I Non-NFA (regular handgun/rifle/shotgun) $20

Title II NFA (class 3 sbr/silencer/auto/etc) $65

We are located in North West Indiana (DeMotte)

call/email/text/smoke signals/hand signs/etc

matt@front2enemy.com

Last edited by combat45acp; 06-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.
combat45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to all

this really makes me want to move to your neck of the woods. here in washington class III dealers charge $100+ for title 2 items and up to $60 for title 1 items.
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
Diomed
Posthumous Member

Diomed is a jewel in the roughDiomed is a jewel in the roughDiomed is a jewel in the roughDiomed is a jewel in the rough

Those are actually very reasonable rates in any location.

Did Arevalo counsel you about setting up your fee schedule?
Diomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomed View Post

Nope Arevalo didn't even ask what our fee's were ...(Plus, I couldn't afford his counsling fees anyway ) We were both crunched for time when he came out to test those cans.

We just try to be fair and reasonable on transfers, because I know sometimes it is just fun to buy a gun on auction! So if we can't beat a price, it is that simple, we can't beat it and we will just transfer it.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fatstyles View Post
this really makes me want to move to your neck of the woods. here in washington class III dealers charge $100+ for title 2 items and up to $60 for title 1 items.
That is normal around here too. There are some FFL's that don't want the headache and some that just don't want to be undersold without a price being paid. The highest transfer fee we have heard of around here is $75 for Title I. They are a big chain store and probably don't even want to mess with it anyway.

Last edited by combat45acp; 06-05-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
phoenix
Black Market Firearms

phoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to beholdphoenix is a splendid one to behold

The local ffl that i use charges $20 for title1 and he is the only title 2 for 100 miles and he only charges $50

Black Market Firearms (formerly Black Label Armory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
Rule #4: some things are worth fighting for.

Rule #5: everything worth fighting for cannot be bought with money.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
combat45acp

To answer the question "Do you guys take transfers from individuals?"

Yes, we require a copy of their Drivers License before hand that's all.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat45acp View Post
To answer the question "Do you guys take transfers from individuals?"

Yes, we require a copy of their Drivers License before hand that's all.
Actually we have had more stupid crap from other FFL's than non-FFL's anyway!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #9
Fallschirmjaager

Fallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of lightFallschirmjaager is a glorious beacon of light

That's the cheapest Title II transfer fee I've ever heard of. My guy charges half of what every other dealer I know of charges, and he's still charging more than you by 5 bucks. Props! If I was in Indiana I'd totally give you my business.
I want to wait to a cloudy Wednesday, have 2 dirty frozen vodka martinis, get naked, shave my body, wrap myself with raw bacon, raisins, ceder sawdust and barbed wire, find a steep hill with an ice covered road at the end of a cliff on one of the Azores islands with a steep 100ft cliff, remove the tires from my Harley, sit on the top of the ape hangers, blast Orbison's In Dreams, clamp the throttle open and have my remains left in the sea.
Fallschirmjaager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
Cheetah

Cheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to all

Heh, a local shop, which will remain nameless, just got their SOT. I asked what they'd charge for an out of state transfer of a silencer, they answered (in a confused, unsure tone) "uhh...well, it's just a transfer...so I guess..twenty bucks?" Wondering how long that will last, since they're the only SOT for 150 miles. My FFL charges $10-20 for title 1, depending on the day/gun/his mood. I transferred four guns at once one trip home and he charged me $5 per. Great guy.
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Heh, a local shop, which will remain nameless, just got their SOT. I asked what they'd charge for an out of state transfer of a silencer, they answered (in a confused, unsure tone) "uhh...well, it's just a transfer...so I guess..twenty bucks?" Wondering how long that will last, since they're the only SOT for 150 miles. My FFL charges $10-20 for title 1, depending on the day/gun/his mood. I transferred four guns at once one trip home and he charged me $5 per. Great guy.
Ya sounds good, till they figure out that's paperwork, emails, phone calls, and "rent" in their safe for a couple-few months.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
Cheetah

Cheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to all

Exactly haha. Elite Iron is charging me $50 for my Osprey, last can was $100 for that dealer, there's one more place near Elite Iron that has an SOT, but hasn't done a lot of transfers because he got it to manufacture, he quoted me a very reasonable price, but I don't remember how much, $40 maybe? The local place is very new to it, I've got an application I need to finish filling out to offer my services as a knowledgeable salesman where they don't really have any at the moment
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

ArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant future

Matt,

Do you accept FFL transfers from non-FFLs?

TIA.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #14
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

ArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant futureArevaloSOCOM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomed View Post

LOL............just noticed this thread. But I gotta admit, his prices are more than fair. I look forward to giving him my money.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
combat45acp

Yes we accept transfers from non-ffl's if they send us a copy of their valid state drivers license. We have had zero problems with that, only problems we seem to get from time to time are from FFL's... Sending us an emailed copy is the best, but either way is fine.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

Excellent.

I'll do that then.

Keep an eye out for a milled AK enroute to you for me.

Thanks, I'll get in touch soon.

Bill
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #17
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
Excellent.

I'll do that then.

Keep an eye out for a milled AK enroute to you for me.

Thanks, I'll get in touch soon.

Bill
Will do, is it gold plated?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
ArevaloSOCOM
Fancy Sauce......

LOL.

It's the one that has "Bad motherfucker" engraved on it.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #19
combat45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
LOL.

It's the one that has "Bad motherfucker" engraved on it.

Nice, that will match your wallet!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
Selectedmarksman

Selectedmarksman will become famous soon enoughSelectedmarksman will become famous soon enough

The first CIII dealer I found charged $100 per silencer transfer. You offer very reasonable rates.