NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Visionary Firearms

Old 09-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #1
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold
Default What Visionary Firearms does

I'm an 07/02 FFL. I basically build parts kits for people. Think about the stuff no one will build or work on and that's what I do. For example, all AK platforms, cetme/HK roller guns, Vz 61 and 58, PPS 43, ppsh41, Uzi, and of course what I truely enjoy most beltfeds, SG43, mg42/53, pkm, pkt, m240/mag58, rpd, 1919.

I'll also work on post sample and transferables along with other guns people will not touch such as RPG launchers, ect ect.

I can also get decent deals on suppressors if anyone would like to order a certain suppressor I'd be happy to get you a price on one.

I plan to use this subforum to post pics of builds and have discussions about stuff I'm working on if people have questions or anything.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:44 PM   #2
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant future

Can you un-bullpup a Tavor?
Old 09-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #3
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
Can you un-bullpup a Tavor?
Sure, send me the tavor and I'll send you back an HK 93 clone or an ar180 if that's more your style. But in all seriousness plastic is lame.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant futureareekalaan has a brilliant future

OI miss my Cetme. I ran it too hard and then it started to rain. I watched in horror as a water drop landed on the cocking tube and it warped and then cracked before my eyes. I got lucky and one of the welders at work built FALs and was happy to help. A coat of grill paint and it ran for another year before I had to sell it and a Bushmaster M17S to help a buddy out.

What kind of refinishing options do you have? I have a cheap Romanian Draco SBR that rusts of you look at it.

Last edited by Hood886; 09-04-2021 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to click edit.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 PM   #5
Hood886

Well now is the time to build another cetme. Parts kits are almost all gone and after that no barrels will pop up either.

Can do enamal coatings, park and I have a blueing tank but never used it. Plan to one day just haven't gotten around to it. Honestly your better of just paying someone local to cerakote it. It's fairly cheap to have done now days.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond reputeNarsil has a reputation beyond repute

Hood brings some amazing toys to the GA shoot and is a super-nice guy. I've only been to two NFA Talk shoots but he's been at both and I've spent a few minutes talking to him and more than a few listening to him talk to others. I consider myself a near-newb on the NFA front but I wouldn't hesitate to have him work on any firearm I own or ever expect to own.

BTW, Hood, you should check out the NylonX filaments. It's carbon fiber infused Nylon. It's supposed to be pretty easy to print with but will have significantly stronger characteristics than the ABS you used on that can at the GA shoot. I'd be interested to see what a 3D-printed can utilizing Tesla-Valve baffles would sound like. If you're unfamiliar with Tesla valves, Integza explains them pretty well below.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #7
Hood886

Appreciate the kind words.

Yeah I've been looking into different materials but the biggest issue is the size of my printer. I'd like to make bigger stuff and am limited to ~5.5 inches in all directions. With stronger material I think a subsonic only 9mm rifle can is possible. And maybe just maybe it would be possible to do a 9mm pistol can that's so light it doesn't need a booster. But that's a ways down the road.

Tesla valves are actually very similar in design to traditional cone baffles. They essential do the same thing. You get a vortex of gasses that push back into the flow of gasses behind the bullet just like you would with a Tesla valve. Issue with the Tesla value is that's gonna take up a lot of volume and volume is probably the most important factor to a suppressor. Next year if people wanna submit designs I'll print them and we can compare an empty tube to whatever else y'all come up with.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #8
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

Could you use a flow through design similar to the OSS cans to decrease the stress on the current materials?
Old 09-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #9
Hood886

Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
Could you use a flow through design similar to the OSS cans to decrease the stress on the current materials?
Yeah with 3d printing you can make just about anything. My original prototype had some relief holes in the first two baffles to try and decrease pressure at those areas. The limitations are my ability to use fusion 360 and solid works. I tried to make a set up the used the turbine design like the oss. I just don't have the cad skills or time to pull it off.

I'm never going to be a big suppressor manufacturer. Just not a market for the stuff im doing. I've got way more business actually working on guns so I don't plan to put a bunch of time into learning cad. But if someone would like to design things I'd be happy to test them and not share or sale your designs.