NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Visionary Firearms

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Hood886

Hood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to beholdHood886 is a splendid one to behold
Default Semi SG43

The SG43 has been one of the most affordable belt fed parts kits for a while. Unfortunately the kits have really started to dry up. I know there are a bunch out there that have not been built. Building a SG43 has always been a difficult task. In the past there have always been 2 methods.

1. Using a trigger box that stuck off the side of the receiver where an external hammer and trigger could be housed. There just isn't much room inside the receiver. These always had issues as most used AR hammers and didn't have enough force to light 54r primers reliably.

2. Extend the receiver and make it striker fire. Malcolmar/wiselite did this I believe. This seemed to work better but didn't look original and added a decent bit of length to the receiver and still was not the most reliable system.

A newer method was invented earlier this year by Sundance @ weapons guild.com and some production parts were made that included a new piston/mainspring, a striker and sear body. This system allowed for the original receiver to be maintained and for very good reliability.

Basically how these builds work,
1.Receiver denials,
2.Bolt and carrier modifications
3.Rewelding receivers
4.Modifications to spade grips
5.Headspace/ weld halves together
6.Tune and test fire.

I don't have pictures of all these steps but can add them if desired.

Last edited by Hood886; 09-04-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Hood886 is offline   Reply With Quote