NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 11-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light
Default Something new...

https://libertycans.net/behemoth/

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

Noice. Is this a unicore design or welded baffle stack?
Old 11-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

dam, now I want a new rifle and a new suppressor
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
Noice. Is this a unicore design or welded baffle stack?
It is monolithic like the other rifle silencers. It being made entirely of titanium, it is surprisingly light for the size, we are working on getting a shop gun so we can do more with it, but for now we are happy with it.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #5
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to all

Paging Bill. Mr. Arevalo please report to the metering planning committee at your convenience.
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

That’s thing is awesome ! Great job David!
Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #7
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
That’s thing is awesome ! Great job David!
Thank you.

As for numbers, we only have a 2209 and as you know, it only goes to 170dB.

Unsuppressed at the shooters ear is over this number so we have no idea how loud a 50 actually is at the ear unsuppressed. Bank on permanent hearing damage if you are not double hearing pro protected and then you are probably getting bone conduction hearing damage anyway...

So we only metered it at the ear to try and get some sort of measurement that we could understand. It was measuring 136dB down to 134dB absolute numbers on the meter. We didn't meter to the left of the muzzle, just to be honest about it, we decided what idiot would be 1 meter to the left of the muzzle of a 50 BMG when someone is going to discharge it? That shouldn't even be a thing, since we couldn't get unsuppressed intel...

Thank you for your kind words.

Dave

Old 11-25-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
ComputerShooter
Happy-Go-Lucky Grouch

ComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to all

Quote:
bone conduction hearing damage
Is this an actual thing, or a very subtle joke?

"Compared to what? At what cost? What hard evidence do you have?" -Thomas Sowell

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerShooter View Post
Is this an actual thing, or a very subtle joke?

Legit:
https://www.asha.org/public/hearing/...-Hearing-Loss/
Old 11-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #10
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

There have been some TBI implications too but I don't think there's anything solid yet.

More reason to get a .50 can!
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #11
kel
Someone Who Cares

kel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to allkel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
As for numbers, we only have a 2209 and as you know, it only goes to 170dB.

Unsuppressed at the shooters ear is over this number so we have no idea how loud a 50 actually is at the ear unsuppressed.... when someone is going to discharge it? That shouldn't even be a thing, since we couldn't get unsuppressed intel...

Aloha, Dave!

Since I just happened to post the old Barrett test data from an NDIA presentation and had the link handy:

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovc...rms/semick.pdf

See how you stack up to what little unsanitized data is there, get some baselines as measured by .mil, etc.

And you can just move the 2209 father out to account for the higher than 170 cap. Inverse square rule and all that.

Kel

"You see a car full of zeros
destined to die unsatisfied.
I don't need to know where we're going
I can still enjoy the ride" - Samiam
kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #12
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Aloha, Dave!

Since I just happened to post the old Barrett test data from an NDIA presentation and had the link handy:

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovc...rms/semick.pdf

See how you stack up to what little unsanitized data is there, get some baselines as measured by .mil, etc.

And you can just move the 2209 father out to account for the higher than 170 cap. Inverse square rule and all that.

Kel
Thank you! Good to hear from you again! I has been too long.

I appreciate the intel, I will go see what is going on now.

Dave