NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 02-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
strobro32

strobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to allstrobro32 is a name known to all
Default Dave.. Want to make some SOLO barrels?

I would definitely like a skinny 300 BO SS 5" barrel threaded 5/8 x 24 with no gas hole from the custom shop.

Last edited by strobro32; 02-04-2019 at 03:58 PM.
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
I would definitely like a skinny SS 5" barrel threaded 5/8 x 24 with no gas hole from the custom shop.

Looks like a difficult HANgun to conceal
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

We need one with the following for this to work...

Carbine length or longer gas system, so the gas port is not in the way.
Fast enough twist to stabilize a bullet...

Looking at like a 6 twist barrel, maybe? With 5" of barrel, the gas charge will be only about 60 to 70% burnt so velocity will be pretty low if I had to guess...

I would be down with modifying a barrel for you if you have a blank already that we could play with, head spacing a blank would not be economical with the cost of commercially available barrels like they are right now...

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
Looks like a difficult HANgun to conceal
I saw the same thing!

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -Cornelius Tacitus

I want somebody to do it for me. This ass isn't gonna fatten itself. -Twinsen

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Ben B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #5
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really nice

I’m out of the loop. How does this .300 pistol operate?

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Old 02-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B. View Post
I’m out of the loop. How does this .300 pistol operate?

Manually. Full article here: https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/01...-hunting-video
Old 02-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
Ahh. Ok, thank you.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #8
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
We need one with the following for this to work...

Carbine length or longer gas system, so the gas port is not in the way.
Fast enough twist to stabilize a bullet...

Looking at like a 6 twist barrel, maybe? With 5" of barrel, the gas charge will be only about 60 to 70% burnt so velocity will be pretty low if I had to guess...

I would be down with modifying a barrel for you if you have a blank already that we could play with, head spacing a blank would not be economical with the cost of commercially available barrels like they are right now...

Dave

Maybe this is just the ticket. $95.
Also available in Commie 30 if that's your thing.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-b5-1...nished-barrel/
Old 02-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
jandbj
Rimfire revivalist

jandbj has a spectacular aura aboutjandbj has a spectacular aura aboutjandbj has a spectacular aura about

I kinda want to try this... on a regular lower with a buffer spring & full length BCG. It’d end up being a spring loaded bolt gun. Could use the super light carbon fiber PCC handguards. Either as an 8” pistol or a 16” rifle.

Kinda surprised we haven’t seen @Yondering in this thread. I imagine his suppressed 357AR cartridge would be great in one of these.
jandbj is offline   Reply With Quote