NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 08-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light
Default We finally did it... You can get it apart.

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you have a winner there Dave!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

Very nice. Those baffles seem to pop apart very easily.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

I had shot 1500 through the prototype in testing and it came apart easily as well.

I wasn't sure if the extra 500 rounds on this unit would make a big difference or not, but it didn't seem to. It was good to see the design perform as it should.

Thank you

Dave

Old 08-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
John A.

John A. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn A. has a spectacular aura about

Very good job Dave.

I know it cleaned pretty easy, but can I give you a suggestion to try the next time you have it apart?

Anti-weld splatter does pretty good to keep much from sticking to the baffles.

Probably wouldn't hold up long term to full auto or anything, but for non-jacketed ammo and dirty rimfire is worth the couple of minutes it takes to apply between cleanings of normal use

Always hold your head up high and never back down when you're right.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #6
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of light

Nice job Dave. I absolutely loved your little crazy laugh.
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

Impressive. What kind of ammo was used? Rifle or pistol?
Old 08-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #8
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Impressive. What kind of ammo was used? Rifle or pistol?
WE shot a mixture of Federal blue box, REmignton Subsonic and Aguila Subsonic through my MKII with a 4.5" barrel... The gun was atrocious.

I try to make the videos while I am doing the activity and that catches some of the suprise moments like you guys heard when I laughed...

Thanks for watching!

David

Old 08-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

That is impressive. 2k rounds of Gemtech through a rifle is not the same as 2k rounds of what you ran through a pistol.

That is how you test!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #10
superdrag67

superdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura about

That looks like a great design. I don't like shooting my Tac65 a ton because it sucks to get apart. Need to replace it with something one of these days.
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #11
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrag67 View Post
That looks like a great design. I don't like shooting my Tac65 a ton because it sucks to get apart. Need to replace it with something one of these days.
why not get it recored with these baffles? dave, ive got a outbackIID begging for a recore.
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #12
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fatstyles View Post
why not get it recored with these baffles? dave, ive got a outbackIID begging for a recore.
hmmmm.....

Shoot us an email.

[email address]

Dave

Old 08-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #13
dj_fatstyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
hmmmm.....

Shoot us an email.

[email address]

Dave
Email sent Dave.
Spoiler
Quote:
Spoiler
Quote:
Old 08-08-2018, 07:36 PM   #14
superdrag67

superdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdrag67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fatstyles View Post
Good idea. I've got some other things to finish up so this will probably have to wait for a bit but I'd like to go this route.

It's either that or buy something to replace it and just shoot the Tac65 til it's full of lead.
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:19 AM   #15
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really niceBen B. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
hmmmm.....

Shoot us an email.

[email address]

Dave
David, I’m sending you an email, also.

That MkII looks atrociously disgusting. Well done 👍🏻.

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -Cornelius Tacitus

I want somebody to do it for me. This ass isn't gonna fatten itself. -Twinsen

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Ben B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Dave, 2 1/2 questions.

1 - Are these shipping?

2 - How does it sound compared to the Regulator? If you're dual wielding a pair of similar pistols and shoot them alternately, is there a tone difference?
Stan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #17
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Quote:
2 - How does it sound compared to the Regulator? If you're dual wielding a pair of similar pistols and shoot them alternately, is there a tone difference?
I'll take "Things I think about when I'm dual wielding" for $400 Alex.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #18
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

That a ton of rounds to fire through and still be able to take apart easily.

Great engineering
Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #19
ComputerShooter
Happy-Go-Lucky Grouch

ComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to all

Dave,

+10 for use of word atrocious.

(also, cool can man!)

Clorox has an effective shelf life at room temperature of about 9 months.

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #20
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Dave, 2 1/2 questions.

1 - Are these shipping?

Yes, we have these in the vault now.

It is noticeably louder than the Regulator, that can was all about absolute suppression, this one is more about ease of maintenance and modularity than absolute suppression ...

This one runs around the 120 mark with the FRP being in the mid 120s... Sad to say that about it, but to make the baffles to where they would come apart easily, there was a lot of geometry that had to be removed...

There is one more bonus, due to the simplified design, it is much easier to make, so the cost if ALOT better compared to the Regulator. So, the options are there, uber quiet but not so easy to clean, or easy to maintain and a little less sound performance at a much lower price point.

David