NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 07-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all
Default VP9 Threaded Barrel in the works?

Just curious if RCM is my only option long term as I just picked one up.
propeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

13.5x1LH
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP...-367p16850.htm

1/2x28
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP...-367p16849.htm
areekalaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

SKU: VP9TUS
Brand: RCM
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

That's all I could find.

Send the factory barrel out to get extended / threaded?
areekalaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:55 AM   #5
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

I sent my factory P30 barrel to Tornado to be threaded/extended 13.5 metric

No regrets!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
I sent my factory P30 barrel to Tornado to be threaded/extended 13.5 metric

No regrets!
How much did that run you?
propeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
the1mavin

the1mavin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPEINE View Post
How much did that run you?
They list the VP70 @ $160 to extend and thread. Looks like most extend and thread are $160-175, but there are a couple that go to $210.
the1mavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

It's around that price I honestly don't remember but it's totally worth whatever he charges IMHO the barrel looks factory, I mean it is factory but you get my gist
Old 10-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #9
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

So H&K eventually came out with a VP9 Tactical that came with a 13.5x1 threaded barrel. Does anyone have one that they've suppressed?
Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 PM   #10
Mungle

Mungle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
So H&K eventually came out with a VP9 Tactical that came with a 13.5x1 threaded barrel. Does anyone have one that they've suppressed?

I have 2 VP9Ts but haven't screwed a suppressor on one yet. Not sure if I have the correct adapter, but may have a chance to shoot Saturday.

ETA - might be my most favorite pistol ever.

Last edited by Mungle; 10-24-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Mungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungle View Post
I have 2 VP9Ts but haven't screwed a suppressor on one yet. Not sure if I have the correct adapter, but may have a chance to shoot Saturday.

ETA - might be my most favorite pistol ever.

What about it makes it your favorite? Did you have a chance to shoot it suppressed this past weekend? I believe they have 13.5x1 threads.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #12
GIGANTORE

GIGANTORE has a spectacular aura aboutGIGANTORE has a spectacular aura about

Picked up a silencerCo one for mine. Only $100 on Gunbroker. There’s one vendor that regularly sells them for $100..

Here you go. Dealer was Modern Sportsman.
[email address]

Last edited by GIGANTORE; 10-31-2018 at 09:19 PM.
GIGANTORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:09 AM   #13
Mungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
What about it makes it your favorite? Did you have a chance to shoot it suppressed this past weekend? I believe they have 13.5x1 threads.
Didn't get to shoot as there was an annual meeting at the range = closed.

May take some friends this weekend to expose/enlighten/entertain/educate and will shoot everything suppressed. After checking, do not have the 13.5 adapter. Only one dedicated 9mm can - Wraith direct thread on an SBR. I'll order the 13.5 adapter for the 45 Osprey and see how it does. Looks like I need a couple more cans. Anyone have any experience with the Omega 9K?

Regarding my affinity for the VP9, I guess it's ergonomics. It fits my hand perfectly and seems to shoot exactly where I aim. Very comfortable and inspires confidence.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:56 AM   #14
Mungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGANTORE View Post
Picked up a silencerCo one for mine. Only $100 on Gunbroker. There’s one vendor that regularly sells them for $100..

Here you go. Dealer was Modern Sportsman.
[email address]

Which can was it for $100?

I found "The Modern Sportsman" on GunBroker, but doesn't show any silencers in his listings right now.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
DethRokRyan

DethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Which can was it for $100?

I found "The Modern Sportsman" on GunBroker, but doesn't show any silencers in his listings right now.
I think he meant a SiCo threaded barrel, not a suppressor.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #16
Fulliautomatix

Quote:
After checking, do not have the 13.5 adapter. Only one dedicated 9mm can - Wraith direct thread on an SBR. I'll order the 13.5 adapter for the 45 Osprey and see how it does.
I picked up a VP9T the other day, as well as a M13.5x1L Obsidian/Octane piston. I got the piston from Hansohn Bro, $57 and free shipping.

Since you have an Osprey, you'll have to go with the slotted piston from SiCo. Hansohn Bro has it for $63 shipped.
https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.ph...product_id=241

Has anyone done end cap dB testing? There's a 9mm cap for the Obsidian 45. I wonder if it is worth $49.

On the VP9T, the ergonomics are nice. Interchangeable palm swells and backstrap, and the 'ears' on the slide are definitely a nice feature. I'm already used to the paddle style mag release from my USPs and Walther. However, it doens't have a S/F lever/decocker like my USP. And being striker-fired, it doesn't have re-strike capability either.

Last edited by Fulliautomatix; 11-02-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Fulliautomatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #17
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to all

Quote:
Didn't get to shoot as there was an annual meeting at the range = closed.

May take some friends this weekend to expose/enlighten/entertain/educate and will shoot everything suppressed. After checking, do not have the 13.5 adapter. Only one dedicated 9mm can - Wraith direct thread on an SBR. I'll order the 13.5 adapter for the 45 Osprey and see how it does. Looks like I need a couple more cans. Anyone have any experience with the Omega 9K?

Regarding my affinity for the VP9, I guess it's ergonomics. It fits my hand perfectly and seems to shoot exactly where I aim. Very comfortable and inspires confidence.
My Omega 9K lives on an MPX; bought it for a pistol can but the diameter is just too big. Looks like an oil filter on my 19.
Ccoffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #18
GIGANTORE

GIGANTORE has a spectacular aura aboutGIGANTORE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethRokRyan View Post
I think he meant a SiCo threaded barrel, not a suppressor.
Yup. My bad
GIGANTORE is offline   Reply With Quote