NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
wlc

wlc is on a distinguished road
Default Oh Dave...... We need more info

Ok, So I got not one, but two emails from Liberty yesterday teasing about two new silencers. When you gonna spill the beans Dave and give us some more info?
wlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #2
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=6qrBitzb7QQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvm3T...ature=youtu.be

Looks like a new supersonic integral Ruger American predator bolt action with 70 degree bolt lift. Maybe like mjolnir, except more of a lightning spear than a hammer. Gungnir? 6.5 Creedmore, 6.5 Grendel, 308, 7 mm 08, 300 BO supersonic? https://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread...unting+caliber This survey suggests 308 which would work with a short barrel. 6.5 Creedmore is super trendy and would make sense in a long range weapon, but this thing is perfect for hunting which is usually 300 yards or less. 300 blk would be the quietest but mjolnir already exists. Base gun msrp is only $529. So somewhere between $1000 and $1500? Are the nickel and dime an indicator of a reasonable price or are they there for scale? Definitely want at the ear numbers on this. Very tempting.

Is Zulu a supersonic leonidas style upper or a can specifically for AR 15 or AR10 to address blowback? Wavelock fronts. Serviceable? Teased a pistol can. New Mystic x?

22/7

Last edited by owensww; 02-03-2019 at 08:26 PM.
owensww is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:17 PM   #3
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

H.J. might wish he didn't change his screen name. He could have had a can with the same name.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

If you play the bolt action video in slow motion you can see rocks explode from the ricochet of the bullet on the water and fly just past the camera lens. The bullet really lays the smack down on that target. Pretty cool.

Zulu

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoVENyD97s

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxcHDCWcNg

Law makers should know that a suppressed rifle is as loud as an unsuppressed rifle that is just 8 meters away. Kind of puts it in perspective doesn’t it.

Last edited by owensww; 02-03-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.

Last edited by sub; 02-27-2019 at 01:05 PM.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #6
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

I will be back in a little while, I have a bunch of admin junk to do this morning...for obvious reasons...

Dave

Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
owensww
Not A Clue

Awesome!

The 223 upper looks well tuned just popping the brass out to the side.

The Whitetail is awesome and a great concept.

These are both great and well thought out. Please get us some at the ear numbers on them. I would love to take your suggestion and get the whitetail before deer season.

Looking forward to seeing the specs, especially OAL/barrel length. Will the barrel twist allow subsonics?

Last edited by owensww; 02-04-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #8
Duce

Duce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to all

Someone here like Bill needs to be listed as liberty staff so you can easily send out your toys to be tested and taken to all the metering sessions.
That would be great exposure. On 2nd thought bad idea I don't think my budget could handle that move.

Edit: nevermind that may take away from the independent testing data.

Last edited by Duce; 02-04-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to allCcoffin is a name known to all

I wish the Zulu had been out last year when I was looking for an integral upper. I wound up having something made with a shroud it that would take my omega thus avoiding the SBR classification, but this would have been better.

Also, can the Whitetail system be replicated on a Remington 700?
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:01 PM   #10
owensww
Not A Clue

The Whitetail is listed at $999. $800 option B for your own rifle. Just requires 6 3/4" of barrel past the forearm with diameter of .675". So I guess Rem 700 would be fine. Technically this is not an SBR. So is it pinned and welded or removable?

17" barrel, 13" suppressor, 24" overall. User serviceable. If the supersonic crack is the main noise, could be pretty good.

(As an aside, it is interesting how our database shows sub 120 dB at the ear for supersonic 22 WMR and .17 HMR, and 22 LR. That value should include the supersonic crack. Previous studies have shown that the loudness of the supersonic crack is dependent solely on the projectile diameter. It should be theoretically possible to get something like 556 or 6.5 into the low 120s at the ear with sufficient suppressor design. It might not be practical, but it should be doable.)

Very curious to see the numbers on this thing.

The Zulu is $1550

Edit:

In before ncorry asks if it can be made in 6.8

Last edited by owensww; 02-04-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #11
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

What is the twist rate and expected accuracy of the Zulu?
Old 02-05-2019, 12:03 AM   #12
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

I like the editing. Crisp, to the point. Nice work.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #13
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
I wish the Zulu had been out last year when I was looking for an integral upper. I wound up having something made with a shroud it that would take my omega thus avoiding the SBR classification, but this would have been better.

Also, can the Whitetail system be replicated on a Remington 700?
We can build it on your rifle as long as it fits our parameters... I think it was noted right below your post though...

The Whitetail is not pinned/welded. It isn't really designed to be dismantled, but it can be since we chose not to permanently attach the parts. We felt this would just induce accuracy issues and was not needed. IT can be removed for cleaning though should the need arise... We don't think shooting it without the suppressor installed is a good idea due to the design of the parts, they are meant to be used as a system.

We keep getting this question about our integrals. Why would someone go to the trouble of buying an integral then remove the suppressor to shoot just the host? Am I missing something here?

As for Zulu twist, it is 1 in 8" in a 223 Wylde chamber... I found I forget to put the specs on the website with this question and went over and did that right then...

As for the editing, thank you. IT is something new we are trying to get away from the SUPER slow paced videos we made before...

Thanks !!!!!

Old 02-05-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
owensww
Not A Clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
The Whitetail is not pinned/welded. It isn't really designed to be dismantled, but it can be since we chose not to permanently attach the parts. We felt this would just induce accuracy issues and was not needed. IT can be removed for cleaning though should the need arise... We don't think shooting it without the suppressor installed is a good idea due to the design of the parts, they are meant to be used as a system.

We keep getting this question about our integrals. Why would someone go to the trouble of buying an integral then remove the suppressor to shoot just the host? Am I missing something here?
I am more interested in how it is put together. I can see some advantages to it not being welded, especially if it needs to be repaired. On the other hand, disassembly could lead to reassembly misalignment and baffle strikes, which is one advantage of it being permanently attached.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
I am more interested in how it is put together. I can see some advantages to it not being welded, especially if it needs to be repaired. On the other hand, disassembly could lead to reassembly misalignment and baffle strikes, which is one advantage of it being permanently attached.
It looks VERY rudimentary when you just look at it, but it is deliberate.

You have the barrel profiled for the muzzle threads and a step shoulder to hold the rear cap, then we torque the gas diverter on the muzzle, seat the tube into the rear cap, then tighten the whole thing down with the core from the front. This puts the barrel in tension and seems to help accuracy somewhat and makes the whole system nice and tidy.

Dave

Old 02-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #16
John A.

John A. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn A. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
When I'm trying a new hand load, I don't like to shoot it through my can until I can verify there are no stability issues.

Granted that I don't make a habit out of it, and I make my cans to use, there are a select few times where I don't want them on the muzzle, and that being the main one.

Always hold your head up high and never back down when you're right.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to all

I'm still waiting on my last Liberty venture to clear NFA purgatory...

Would I be able to order one of those Whitetails in a southpaw model? I don't see lefties on Ruger's page.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #18
DethRokRyan

DethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of light

Dave,

I see that the Whitetail is based on short-action calibers. I LOVE the idea but I'm wondering if there are plans to bring long action/ magnum versions to the table as well... Maybe with more reflex magic and less baffles up front for comparable overall lengths.

Right now my favorite all-around hunting rig is a 22" barreled Remington 700 (1980s manufactured) with a Griffin Sportsman can. It handles well and sounds decent, but with an effective barrel length of 30", it can be unweildy in the brush or climbing into a stand. Love to see a similar long action rifle up to maybe 300WM in an integral to keep weight and length down.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #19
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
I'm still waiting on my last Liberty venture to clear NFA purgatory...

Would I be able to order one of those Whitetails in a southpaw model? I don't see lefties on Ruger's page.
If you have a rifle that fits the specs we need, we can install the suppressor module on it. Left bolt, Right bolt, no bolt...

We have a couple of things we need so that the parts will fit on the barrel and that is about it as far as the host rifle goes.

Dave

Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #20
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethRokRyan View Post
Dave,

I see that the Whitetail is based on short-action calibers. I LOVE the idea but I'm wondering if there are plans to bring long action/ magnum versions to the table as well... Maybe with more reflex magic and less baffles up front for comparable overall lengths.

Right now my favorite all-around hunting rig is a 22" barreled Remington 700 (1980s manufactured) with a Griffin Sportsman can. It handles well and sounds decent, but with an effective barrel length of 30", it can be unweildy in the brush or climbing into a stand. Love to see a similar long action rifle up to maybe 300WM in an integral to keep weight and length down.
What would be the shortest barrel length that would be practical in 300WM? I mean, you need at least a certain amount of barrel or there is no real point in using that huge amount of slow burning gunpowder anyway...

We have not looked at this to be honest about it, but we could persuaded if the demand is there... I would think that you would need at least 24" of barrel to get the benefits from that round, so it would be a really long assembly if we used a barrel that long... That is a lot of round.

Dave