NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 07-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light
Default Vector is here!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you guys know that we have finally gotten our latest 22 suppressor system ready to go and wanted to share it with you here as well.

This was an interesting journey for me, since you know that I like to make monolithic core designs, moving to a stacked baffle was not easy for me. It was a fun ride though...

Anyway, y'all have a great day!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

After I made coffee this morning, this is the first thing I brought up. With my brain still spooling, I hear Dave say he's making a stacked baffle can with an aluminum tube. "I have to come back to this after my brain is braining."

The tensioned baffle stack is an interesting concept.

Cool offering, Dave!
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibal View Post
After I made coffee this morning, this is the first thing I brought up. With my brain still spooling, I hear Dave say he's making a stacked baffle can with an aluminum tube. "I have to come back to this after my brain is braining."

Cool offering, Dave!
Go against the grain! That seems to be what we have always done... haha!!!

Yeah, the irony is not lost on me. It did make sense when I was doing the initial design and testing though. We wanted to keep the costs down and make it way more affordable than our previous cans, so we started looking at how to achieve that. Aluminum is really cost effective to purchase and machine into parts, so all the non critically exposed parts naturally went that direction. When you anodize aluminum, it becomes much more durable too, so that is why we went with it on the front cap as well. it just made sense.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

Very nice. Is there an upgrade path for a Kodiak TL to those baffles?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Very nice. Is there an upgrade path for a Kodiak TL to those baffles?
Sorry, but no. This tube size completely moves outside of the specs of the Kodiak family of tubes and will not retrofit...

There just isn't enough room to do it.

Dave

Old 07-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #6
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

Undersrand and no worries
Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Undersrand and no worries
BUT, with a price this low, you can just get the VECTOR and have both!!!

Old 07-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

I thought 22 cans had reached their limit. This seems pretty damn cool.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #9
chrismartin
Seņor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Nice. Way to keep innovating.
Love the tensioned baffles that don't touch the tube. Once I went stainless baffles in my 22 silencer, the problems are getting it out of the tube and cleaning the crap in the edges. Sounds like you have helped both of these issues.

Last edited by chrismartin; 07-10-2018 at 12:53 PM.
chrismartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismartin View Post
Nice. Way to keep innovating.
Love the tensioned baffles that don't touch the tube. Once I went stainless baffles in my 22 silencer, the problems are getting it out of the tube and cleaning the crap in the edges. Sounds like you have helped both of these issues.
Thank you guys.

We have been working on solving the "hard to get apart" problem for years now. We tried to get it to work in monolithic core designs and there are ways to do it that don't involve the Silencerco patent, but none of them are really cost effective when done. So we finally ate a little crow and started looking at stacked baffles while we chewed... It was feasible once we did that.

Dave

Old 07-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #11
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

My Sparrow is pretty annoying to get apart in comparison to my Spectre 2. The Sparrow clamshells sounded a lot cooler than they really are.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #12
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

Have you shot that cutaway tube?
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #13
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
No, we didn't. We were kinda scared since we cut it so close to the ends, we honestly thought it is probably not structurally sound enough to hold it... That was thrown through the lathe and mill in about 5 minutes so we could make the video with it.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #14
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
My Sparrow is pretty annoying to get apart in comparison to my Spectre 2. The Sparrow clamshells sounded a lot cooler than they really are.
We have never had a sparrow in hand. We do own a Spectre II that we bought before they changed the name on the can from SWR to Silencerco. I wanted one with that on it for my collection. I still wished I had gotten an original Outback II as well... Never did.

I thought the clam shell idea was executed really well. We had looked at this idea before they figured out how to make them economical. We just couldn't figure out how to make them cost effective and we didn't think of the two piece concept either, we had 4 pieces that were cut from titanium tubing. Problem with that was that titanium tubing has a ton of tension in it so when you split it long ways, it would open up and then the radius was all wrong... We gave up and moved on at that point...true story. Then a couple years later SiCo comes out with it.

Dave

Old 07-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #15
98_1LE

Quote:
Agreed. Ansd my spectre ii is swr made too.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

This looks to be an improvement on that design. That's impressive.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #17
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Kristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have never used a Sparrow, but they can be difficult to get apart and together when they are new and clean.

Its does not surprise me they do not get any better when dirty.
Kristofer_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #18
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Cool offering, Dave!
It is indeed, the mind spools back to the Visible Man days.

You could probably get away with all kinds of creative venting on that outer tube and still have it structurally sound.

And then I read far enough into the thread to see this.

Quote:
doubloon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #19
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Cool. Nice work!
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #20
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
Cool. Nice work!
Thank you!!!