NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Hood886

Hood886 is a jewel in the roughHood886 is a jewel in the roughHood886 is a jewel in the roughHood886 is a jewel in the rough
Default 9x39 can

So any plan to let us in on this 9x39 can? I hope y'all are pushing Krebs towards making a VSS.

https://m.facebook.com/1KrebsCustomG...805462/?type=3
Hood886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Kristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to behold

Neat.
Kristofer_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:04 AM   #3
98_1LE

98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all98_1LE is a name known to all

Wouldn't a Mystic X work?
Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #4
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

So is 9x39 the 300 blk of the AK platform? Other than penetrating armor, are there any practical advantages or disadvantages to 300 BLK? Is this what Brittingham is trying to get at with 8.6 Creedmore?
owensww is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

This was a collaboration with Marc Krebs and his team, he is about to launch these pistols in 9x39 and wanted to know if we could develop a can for these platforms (One is a traditional AK pattern build and the other is a Galil style build). We made a custom baffle stack optimized for this round and it is pretty sweet. I think I have some video of it that I can upload and share in a little while. The Mystic X would work, but he wanted a shorter package and he also wanted to integrate his proprietary mount into the can. If you look pretty close you can see the locking assembly that keeps the can in place.

As for Kevin and his 8.6 Creedmoor project, I think that is an answer to a question that was never asked to be honest about it. There is a demographic of people (that he is targeting) that want the newest tech out there no matter how useful or useless it may end up being. He will sell some of those rifles, but I think it will be a much harder process to get it SAAMI certified than the BLK was due to the lack of Big Green backing him up... Who knows, he might pull it off...

Let me see if I can find that video...

David

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Kristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to beholdKristofer_G is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
So is 9x39 the 300 blk of the AK platform? Other than penetrating armor, are there any practical advantages or disadvantages to 300 BLK? Is this what Brittingham is trying to get at with 8.6 Creedmore?
My understanding is the original development of the 9x39 was started after issues with subsonic 7.62x39 were found in extreme cold.

I have read this is an issue with the 300BLK subsonics in extreme cold as well.

I do not know for what reason anyone would be out side shooting in extreme cold, but it takes all kinds I suppose.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #8
Russian
Agent for Good

Russian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to beholdRussian is a splendid one to behold

Was the issue in extreme cold? Cycling?
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
John A.

John A. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn A. has a spectacular aura about

may even come down to the powder they used isn't as tolerant to temps.

You did good on that, considering how short it is.

I don't know why everyone these days are wanting super short cans, when longer cans are usually more effective and sound more better.

Always hold your head up high and never back down when you're right.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #10
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to alldj_fatstyles is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post

I don't know why everyone these days are wanting super short cans, when longer cans are usually more effective and sound more better.
It's.... Tactical.
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
Was the issue in extreme cold? Cycling?
Yes, reliably cycling weapons while keeping projectiles subsonic in extreme cold.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #12
Duce

Duce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to allDuce is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post

I have always wantes the most shhh... And efficient barrel and cal. That said a 9" can on a 26" barrel on my 260 is not something that's easy to move around with a lot . It is a trade off for .25 groups and longer range ability. After years of that my interest in shorter packages with preformance loss is on my short list.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
John A.

John A. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn A. has a spectacular aura about

That barrel didn't look 26 inches long to me

A few more inches isn't going to hurt anything. I'm paying for a stamp, I care most about how it quiet it is.

If worried about OAL, make it an integral or a reflex. But still, give me something that works the best as possible.

Always hold your head up high and never back down when you're right.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #14
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of lightowensww is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
I have always wantes the most shhh... And efficient barrel and cal. That said a 9" can on a 26" barrel on my 260 is not something that's easy to move around with a lot . It is a trade off for .25 groups and longer range ability. After years of that my interest in shorter packages with preformance loss is on my short list.
Shorter barrel 6.5 or .308 something with fast burning powder? You can have your quiet and short barrel too.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #15
owensww
Not A Clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Pretty cool.

Talk about an audible click on that trigger reset.

AKs are just fun.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofer_G View Post
Yes, reliably cycling weapons while keeping projectiles subsonic in extreme cold.

A few years ago I put my 9" 300blk upper on a buddy's M16 lower at a winter shoot. I did notice the cycling rate increased during the mag dump. No malfunctions. I wonder if this is related? Or if it was just the gun warming up? I don't have that much winter machine gun experience.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:20 PM   #17
ATCDoktor

ATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to allATCDoktor is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
https://youtu.be/ybtFjhsUwh4
Pretty cool.
FRP on that waaaaas significant on that combo.
ATCDoktor is offline   Reply With Quote