NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Silencer Shop

Old 02-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

knightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
Never. I have 1/4 sheet sized laminated copies of all of my stamps in my range bag, but I think if you are competent and don't draw attention nobody bothers you. Also goes to show how little crime involves class 3 items; they just assume that you're the legal owner and have all of your stuff together.
i keep a digital copy of everything on a shared folder in the cloud.
knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #22
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
On a separate but related topic... has anyone here actually be challenged to show their papers by RSO, LEO or ATF? Not discussing who has the authority to ask for them, just if they've been asked for.
I have, many times. Ironically though, only when I break out the MGs.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #23
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

Quote:
On a separate but related topic... has anyone here actually be challenged to show their papers by RSO, LEO or ATF? Not discussing who has the authority to ask for them, just if they've been asked for.
Once by a Sheriff's deputy. He was teaching a women's only concealed carry class in the indoor range and I had the FNX 45 / wet Osprey outside on the other side of a cement block wall. He was originally just curious what that noise was he kept hearing. When he realized it was a suppressed handgun he didn't outright ask me to see the stamp, but acted suspicious until he saw the laminated copy of the F4 in the pistol case. Then he lost interest.

Also, had a board member at one of the local clubs ask if the Glock in the KPOS chassis was engraved. Didn't ask for paperwork, but quizzed me on the regs.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold

Only one time and it was just by a regular guy at the range who wanted to see what one looked like cause he wanted to get a suppressor.

The indoor range by me doesn't care. It's not their responsibility to make sure everyone is legal to shoot. I asked if they wanted to see my stamps and they only wanted to see me shoot my mg. Basically to make sure I could control it and not hit the ceiling.
hypervdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #25
Duce

Duce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Yes, I was asked for my paperwork durring a traffic stop. I was out state and he was a young cop. I showed my form 4's he has no idea what he was looking at requested to see the originals in a rude cocky manor. I informed him my copies were all I was required to have. He postured a little them backed off.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #26
THECAMERAMAN79

THECAMERAMAN79 is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately being a NFA owner isn't a protected right (race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or age) so they can deny serving you. I've never had to show anyone mine, EVER but I wouldn't be making a BFD if someone asked, "you don't have the authority" etc etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
Only one time and it was just by a regular guy at the range who wanted to see what one looked like cause he wanted to get a suppressor.

The indoor range by me doesn't care. It's not their responsibility to make sure everyone is legal to shoot. I asked if they wanted to see my stamps and they only wanted to see me shoot my mg. Basically to make sure I could control it and not hit the ceiling.
THECAMERAMAN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #27
sldcountry

sldcountry is on a distinguished road

This seams a little nebulous to me, does this circumvent having to be finger printed and sending a letter to the local authorities letting them know what you bought?

Last edited by sldcountry; 03-01-2017 at 11:15 AM.
sldcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #28
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

No this is so that once the item is approved you can add your trustees to the trust and they don't have to be printed or photographed.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:16 AM   #29
JohnK

JohnK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
No this is so that once the item is approved you can add your trustees to the trust and they don't have to be printed or photographed.
Jeremy M,

Are you speaking on behalf of Silencer Shop, it's owners, and investors?

JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:22 AM   #30
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

JohnK, do you shit in all punch bowls, or is this your first? It seems like you have experience because none smeared on the rim, there's just the one log sitting happily at the bottom.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #31
JohnK

JohnK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
JohnK, do you shit in all punch bowls, or is this your first? It seems like you have experience because none smeared on the rim, there's just the one log sitting happily at the bottom.
Only when the punch is watered down Chrystal Lite that someone spiked with Boone's Farm
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #32
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

It's either that or Tampico. We ain't fancy.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #33
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Jeremy M,

Are you speaking on behalf of Silencer Shop, it's owners, and investors?

All of the above. There is nothing wrong with adding a trustee after approval and this is common knowledge.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 AM   #34
Old Dutch

Old Dutch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Reading up on these single shot trusts after receiving some dubious information earlier today. Sorry for reviving an old thread for this.

I have a 3-ring binder with copies of all my stamps that go with me whenever I take NFA items out. Everything I own was transferred directly to me, and keeping copies of all the stamps together simplifies things.
I’ve only been questioned by sheriff deputies, and only when shooting full auto, but I have been requested to show my paperwork.

Quote:
Quote:
All of the above. There is nothing wrong with adding a trustee after approval and this is common knowledge.
This is the information I was looking to verify.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #35
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Old 11-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #36
Butterfield

Butterfield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dutch View Post
I’ve only been questioned by sheriff deputies, and only when shooting full auto, but I have been requested to show my paperwork.
Is it mandatory for the sheriff deputy to ask for the paperwork? Or is it optional?
Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #37
Duce

Duce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of lightDuce is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfield View Post
Is it mandatory for the sheriff deputy to ask for the paperwork? Or is it optional?
They don't have to ask about infrengment on our rights. If the do they are uninformed or being a dick. It depends on the continuity in the situation.

The technically have no right to ask to see your tax documents. But showing them can save you some trouble tell it gets sorted out down town.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #38
Fishman

Fishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the roughFishman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfield View Post
Cops arent required to do anything. They dont even have the authority to look at your form 1/4. but in states like Michigan, NFA items are only allowed by state law if they're registered federally. They can arrest you on suspicion of owning an unregistered firearm. you'll get released once the ATF tell them you're clean. Not worth the possible hassle, just show them your form.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #39
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Cops arent required to do anything. They dont even have the authority to look at your form 1/4. but in states like Michigan, NFA items are only allowed by state law if they're registered federally. They can arrest you on suspicion of owning an unregistered firearm. you'll get released once the ATF tell them you're clean. Not worth the possible hassle, just show them your form.
I also keep the NFA branch on speed dial. There's an option in the automated system (or was) for police verification. Not sure if it's 24 hours of not.

I was at a range once and one of the cops teaching a womens ccw class inside took interest in my FNX 45 / Osprey combo (on the outdoor range). As soon as he spotted the piece of paper with the blue in the corner from several feet away he lost interest and went back inside.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #40
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
I also keep the NFA branch on speed dial. ...
When I finally get around to making a NFA that will be the S/N.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote