Thread: 9x39 can
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of lightsub is a glorious beacon of light

This was a collaboration with Marc Krebs and his team, he is about to launch these pistols in 9x39 and wanted to know if we could develop a can for these platforms (One is a traditional AK pattern build and the other is a Galil style build). We made a custom baffle stack optimized for this round and it is pretty sweet. I think I have some video of it that I can upload and share in a little while. The Mystic X would work, but he wanted a shorter package and he also wanted to integrate his proprietary mount into the can. If you look pretty close you can see the locking assembly that keeps the can in place.

As for Kevin and his 8.6 Creedmoor project, I think that is an answer to a question that was never asked to be honest about it. There is a demographic of people (that he is targeting) that want the newest tech out there no matter how useful or useless it may end up being. He will sell some of those rifles, but I think it will be a much harder process to get it SAAMI certified than the BLK was due to the lack of Big Green backing him up... Who knows, he might pull it off...

Let me see if I can find that video...

David

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote