• Remember, when discussing all things gun/weapon/NFA related, all associated laws apply! DO NOT ask anyone here to help you do anything that is against the law. Period. Soliciting someone to do something illegal here will get your post removed, and possibly get you banned. Doing something illegal can lead to you being fined and spending quality time with "Bubba", where you will understand the meaning of PMITA Prison. Be smart, we are all hobbyists/collectors here who adhere to the law, and so should you.

Sudden change in point of impact

Was shooting with SWR Spectre this weekend. It was shooting great as normal - very good groups.

When all of the sudden it wasn't. Went from great to shooting about 3 feet low - literally.

Took Spectre off and it shot great again.

The gun and suppressor did get banged around a little before this and I am wondering if that did it.

My first thought is to clean it very well and try again - it's probably dirty. Then maybe try on different gun?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hood886

Sounds to me like your getting some baffle strikes. Did you check the can for any damage to any of the baffles? Also if you can shoot some paper with the can on and see if any of the rounds are keyholes that might help.

owensww

Not A Clue
Sounds to me like your getting some baffle strikes. Did you check the can for any damage to any of the baffles? Also if you can shoot some paper with the can on and see if any of the rounds are keyholes that might help.

I think this is probably likely. This happened to me when I used a 9mm endcap on my rev 45. I was getting endcap strikes just along the edge and it was deflecting the bullets on a random trajectory.

John A.

Yep.

Check to make sure everything is tight. The suppressor. The endcaps. The baffles.

Then shoot the gun without the can a few times to check to make sure it isn't something like a bad scope or loose scope rings or something else.

But a suppressor will deflect bullets even without baffle or endcap strikes if there is a lot of buildup. Basically, the bullet gets destabilized as it travels through the can.