• Remember, when discussing all things gun/weapon/NFA related, all associated laws apply! DO NOT ask anyone here to help you do anything that is against the law. Period. Soliciting someone to do something illegal here will get your post removed, and possibly get you banned. Doing something illegal can lead to you being fined and spending quality time with "Bubba", where you will understand the meaning of PMITA Prison. Be smart, we are all hobbyists/collectors here who adhere to the law, and so should you.

Octane 45 and 7.62x25 Tokarev

Mad Machinist

Sorry I haven't made it by......been trying to stay ahead of the orders....:D
Tokarev isn't on the site....everyone who wants one wants something different so we haven't really settled on a stock model.....ones we have been building have been stainless barrel....may go to chrome lined but it is pricey to have applied .....and a nickel boron Bolt and carrier, with a mag adapter that uses unmodified PPS43 magazines. The mag adapter comes with a replacement mag catch......that is what allows the unmodified mag use.....just call me at the number listed on the website if you need one.....:D

I'm currently building a new one for myself to go on a full auto lower.....will try and post a video as soon as I get it up and running...
Rudy

Yondering

Quickload Data follows for 4" Barrel with loads I found on the interwebs

7.62x25
Hornady 110gr
6.5gr AA5
VMax = 1205fps
Pmax = 33,668
PMuzzle = 9341

9mm
Hornady 124gr
Hogdon Titegroup
VMuzzle = 1069fps
Pmax = 34,296
PMuzzle = 3,487

357 Sig
124gr FP
6.0gr Titegroup
Vmax = 1224 FPS
PMax = 39,970
PMuzzle = 5,291

These are a classic example of how powder type and volume affect muzzle pressure far more than peak pressure. Take the 357 Sig for example - that load listed is basically a 9mm +P load, with a very mild charge of fast pistol powder, so the muzzle pressure is pretty low. Compare the same round with a full charge of AA9, and the muzzle pressure is probably higher than the Tokarev by a significant amount.

SAAMI max pressure is almost meaningless for suppressors if you don't consider the other more important factors as well.

owensww

Not A Clue
Griffin previously sent me this response when I asked whether or not you can shoot 357 and 44 magnum in the revolution 45:

"357 sig would be ok. We don't have 357 magnum handguns to conduct that testing, nor do we have 44 mag handguns to test.
On carbines with 16" barrels you would probably be fine with either"

I am curious to see how 300 blk supersonic stacks up since it uses significantly less powder than 44 mag.

Would someone mind posting a comparison of the muzzle pressure of 357 sig in a 4-6" barrel, full power 200 or 240 gr 44 mag in a 16" barrel, and 125 gr 300 blk supersonic out of a 9.5" barrel using quickload? Hogdon suggests using IMR 4227 and H110 for both 125gr 300 blk(15.7-17.5 and 15.7-18.5 gr) and 240gr 44mag (22-24 and 23-24 gr).

CFE blk 19-20gr gets 23,700-26,500 psi chamber pressure. If it fell off as quickly as the 300 blk sub data posted above, it would be pretty close to 357 sig.

I'd really appreciate it.

Found this table on quickload's website labeled "Powder Table for 110gr V-Max Bullet with COL of 2.04"

PropellantTable2.jpg

Doesn't give the barrel length, but I wonder if 16" is the default? If so, it looks like at least 1 powder would be equivalent to 357 sig in a 9" or so 300blk barrel, ADI AP 100. Most others would exceed.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

owensww

Not A Clue
No4M1k ran the numbers for me. Thank you very much.

300 BLK out of 9.5 inch barrel was pretty much the same as 357 Sig with several powders including Lil gun, H110 and IMR 4227. Muzzle pressure between 8k and 9k psi.

oXyTNbV

Last edited: