NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura about
Default We have updated our Essence!!!!

Introducing the new and improved Essence of Liberty!

We made several updates to make this can even better for everybody!

We eliminated the coating from the outside of the suppressor. This enables us to paint the suppressor with our Moly Resin finishes and offer this suppressor is a variety of colors. The Moly Resin wouldnt bond to the origianl finish and we found no tangible benifits to coating the outside anyway.

We modified the end of the tube and the front of the core to incorporate what we call "Gear Lock" Interface endgagment to eliminate tube spin. This enabled us to eliminate the cross slotted front cap and move to the beveled radial dispersion design that we wanted to use as well.

We redesigned the core to add o-rings at each end to eliminate the carbon rings that formed on the ends of the tube.

We added reinforcing bands to the rear thread extension on the core and added all the rimfire calibers to the list of useful calibers.

And the most important change, we redesigned the baffle array to lower the tone of the suppressor. This change makes the can seem quieter even though it meters the same as a Kodiak TL. It has a nice deep tone that is very pleasent to the ear. It doesnt hurt that it meters about 117dB either... But at 117 it tones like it is 110, it must be heard to understand. It makes these thumping sounds instead of pops.

We have seen that tonal change is the next step in suppressor design since everybody had pretty much hit the dB floor when all the top tier cans made it down to about 115 or so and stopped.... So we started looking at how we can make the human ear think the can is quieter. Change the tone and you change the perceived sound. Here it is.

Click here to goto The New Essence webpage

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
phoenix
Official NFATalk Mascot™

phoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to all

excellent news!!
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
MacMan
Hablützel

MacMan has a spectacular aura aboutMacMan has a spectacular aura aboutMacMan has a spectacular aura aboutMacMan has a spectacular aura about

Changes look great!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
jimmym40a2
Super Moderator

jimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to alljimmym40a2 is a name known to all

Very sharp!
jimmym40a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Billy2112
Crusty

Billy2112 is on a distinguished road

Nice Job Dave!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
JohnInNH
Original Member

JohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

Introducing the new and improved Essence of Liberty!

We made several updates to make this can even better for everybody!

We eliminated the coating from the outside of the suppressor. This enables us to paint the suppressor with our Moly Resin finishes and offer this suppressor is a variety of colors. The Moly Resin wouldnt bond to the origianl finish and we found no tangible benifits to coating the outside anyway.

We modified the end of the tube and the front of the core to incorporate what we call "Gear Lock" Interface endgagment to eliminate tube spin. This enabled us to eliminate the cross slotted front cap and move to the beveled radial dispersion design that we wanted to use as well.

We redesigned the core to add o-rings at each end to eliminate the carbon rings that formed on the ends of the tube.

We added reinforcing bands to the rear thread extension on the core and added all the rimfire calibers to the list of useful calibers.

And the most important change, we redesigned the baffle array to lower the tone of the suppressor. This change makes the can seem quieter even though it meters the same as a Kodiak TL. It has a nice deep tone that is very pleasent to the ear. It doesnt hurt that it meters about 117dB either... But at 117 it tones like it is 110, it must be heard to understand. It makes these thumping sounds instead of pops.

We have seen that tonal change is the next step in suppressor design since everybody had pretty much hit the dB floor when all the top tier cans made it down to about 115 or so and stopped.... So we started looking at how we can make the human ear think the can is quieter. Change the tone and you change the perceived sound. Here it is.

Click here to goto The New Essence webpage

Dave... Something is wrong here.

I KNOW the Essence is quieter than a SS Sparrow.

SS Sparrow
P-22
FRP 10 shot average
122.3 ..... 116.79

PacLite
123.1 ..... 115.45

10/22

113.3 ...... 114.25

I KNOW the Essence was less than a Sparrow and was like: 115-116 on a P-22, and 114-115 on a 4.5" PacLite With Maybe FRP of 2dB more.

and 113 on the 10/22

Come on Dave... Give us some FRP and 10 shot average dB #s ... I KNOW they are better than 117 dB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0dea...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAff...layer_embedded
JohnInNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
superdrag67

superdrag67 will become famous soon enoughsuperdrag67 will become famous soon enough

Very nice!
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
ArevaloSOCOM
Bring me everyone....

ArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to all

That is REALLY nice.

Excellent work.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura aboutsub has a spectacular aura about

I just threw that number out there as I had just glossed over the data points from the P22. I am going to meter it on a coupleof rifles tomorrow a well. My mkii is dyin and needs new spring so I couldn't get it to light off the rounds reliably today. This is why I only have data for te P22.

From the looks of the numbers today. It was running around 116 or so on average. Wait till you hear the tone. It is sweet. Thr new sparrow is a .250" straight bore can too. We taper bore ours to give some room for misalignment. Maybe we should make one witha .250 straight bore...

It was cold this morning too and that has always made everything meter louder too. I guess it is the denser air. It was in the high 40s this morning...

Dave

Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #10
JohnInNH
Original Member

JohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I just threw that number out there as I had just glossed over the data points from the P22. I am going to meter it on a coupleof rifles tomorrow a well. My mkii is dyin and needs new spring so I couldn't get it to light off the rounds reliably today. This is why I only have data for te P22.

From the looks of the numbers today. It was running around 116 or so on average. Wait till you hear the tone. It is sweet. Thr new sparrow is a .250" straight bore can too. We taper bore ours to give some room for misalignment. Maybe we should make one witha .250 straight bore...

It was cold this morning too and that has always made everything meter louder too. I guess it is the denser air. It was in the high 40s this morning...

Dave
Thanks Dave it looks SEWWT!

I just don't want you to be selling yourself short .. If that baby is doing better than that let us see it! Let people know it has a tapered bore (and explain it to them so they know why it's good). Sparrow FRP = 122.3 if the Essence is 118 or 117.5 people want/need to know that.

I know I saw a clip where you were testing a TL IIRC and you were gigling as the #s were so low.. On a pistol 114 dB on a bunch of shots.I think one was 113.

The Mystic dry on my 4" High Standard is the same as the Prodigy soaking wet. Rob was on th ephone with me last night at 2 AM and I was popping rounds off for him to listen to. Mystic.. then the Prodigy.. It was OMG that thing is LOUD... Yep I told you so Rob.. I can't believe how quiet the Mystic is on my pistol... Pfft pfft..2 more out the window.. "Rob I am sitting in my living room shootingout the window 10 feet away... and it;s quiet" I screwed the Prodigy on real quick.. Now listen to this" BANG BANG! He was shocked. I said "I told you so"

He then ran off to get his TL... John listen to this... Pffft pfft. I was like "Dam Rob that's darn Quiet"

You have to appreciate what's going on here. 2 grown men on the phone at what 2 am on a working night.. in amazement, trying to share their experience with their new silencers with someone...

"You know you have a silencer "problem" when you are on the phone with a Forum friend comparing dB over the phone at 2 AM."

I even shot the 9mm "Rob see the 9mm is even quieter then the FRP of the Prodigy"

Well I can tell you, Rob is doing the same thing tonight, as I was doing last night... He just picked HIS Mystic up at 11 PM and called me on the way.

I bet you a beer he is shooting it as I type this, going: "Wholly crap it IS quieter then the .22! I got to call SOMEONE but.. crap it's 1:30... Well it's not THAT late. Maybe I will call JohnInNH, or SOCOM or MACMAN, or Strobo, or DD, or Dave, or Stu,,,,,,"

So Dave .........Thanks for keeping me up till 3 am last night... and probably again tonight.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #11
Twinsen
Vent Core Frog Blaster

Twinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to allTwinsen is a name known to all

I'd love to see a FRP number. I'm very interested in this silencer and will be buying a new .22 silencer for a MK2 or 22/45.

On the topic of tone, high pitched noises don't travel as well as deep ones. But deep ones are less directional because of it. Meaning you can hear a thump, but you don't know where it's coming from.

Last edited by Twinsen; 05-18-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Twinsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #12
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to behold

Very nice!
The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists.

Ernest Hemingway
no4mk1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
lehman

lehman will become famous soon enough

Damn, I really don't need another. 22 silencer. But man do I want this thing.

I would gladly trade my Element for a new Essence.
lehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #14
BigDKC

BigDKC is on a distinguished road

God. Damn. It.

That ALWAYS happens to me.

Nevertheless, awesome updates!
BigDKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is our data sheet from the past two days. We used the same page from yesterday and just added to it. That is why there is M&P 15/22 data from two days.

It shocked us that the M&P noise floor is the same as us shooting the CCI ammo.

John, I must admit it. You was right. . I should have done the math first.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
strobro32

strobro32 is a jewel in the roughstrobro32 is a jewel in the roughstrobro32 is a jewel in the roughstrobro32 is a jewel in the rough

Dave, that is amazing.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #17
JohnInNH
Original Member

Quote:
]image
[/URL]

Here is our data sheet from the past two days. We used the same page from yesterday and just added to it. That is why there is M&P 15/22 data from two days.

It shocked us that the M&P noise floor is the same as us shooting the CCI ammo.

John, I must admit it. You was right. . I should have done the math first.

Dave.. THANKS...

I KNEW you were wrong, so I HAD to be an ASS LOL .. sorry..

BUT The world NEEDS to know that the Essence is a KICK ASS <117 dB SILENCER! (with the tapered bore, and simple no nonsense core this is the better silencer than the surefire.. TONE is better sooooo sweet.)

On th PacLite I bet it is the same as the Surefire AND it will STAY at that DB for a lot longer. (and not as much blowback! win win WIN

Last edited by JohnInNH; 05-19-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
jdj

jdj is on a distinguished road

Damn, David... you're making the choice of which .22 to get for my first can even more difficult. It's very tempting to save up the extra $$$ for the Essence instead of the Kodiak TL which I was leaning toward.
jdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #19
telsonman

telsonman is on a distinguished road

do you think you'll be making the same modifications to the Kodiak TL?
telsonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by telsonman View Post
do you think you'll be making the same modifications to the Kodiak TL?
Most likely not anytime soon. The gearlock tube to core interface is extra setups and time and drives the cost up. Also, the front of the "front cap" is beveled as well as having the new geometry cut into it. Also more time.

I also forgot to mention that this can does not have the silver coating on the core either. We have worked out a way to make it not spark...as much... without the coating. This is possibly going to make the coating an option in the future. We still like the fact that the coating makes them really easy to clean.

Raw titanium will spark with brilliant white sparks when you use it like this. But if we coat the baffle stack, this goes away.