NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 11-22-2016, 06:41 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice
Default Goliath is here!

http://libertycans.net/goliath/

We finally got that 458 can done that we have been working on all these years.

Here it is in a nut shell, 2" x 10", thread insert mounted to allow it to fit the wide range of threads that this caliber is seems to work in, all titanum construction to keep the weight at 20 ounces, and suppression on a 12" SBR runs in the 130 db range. It is pretty awesome.

Link to video coming in a bit.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 AM   #2
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really nice

Nice! How does it do with supersonic 308?
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

Can I get it with a case hardened finish, LOL. Let me know if you want to do any full power .45-70 testing, I'm only 90 minutes from your shop.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to beholdArevaloSOCOM is a splendid one to behold

That volume though!
Old 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
That volume though!
I want to hear it on a .22 rifle with subs.

Seriously.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #6
ncorry

ncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the rough

Nice call on including the 5/8x32 insert for the Radical uppers. That was the main drawback to their economy 458SOCOM upper line.

Now, what other calibers can it handle? 338 Federal???
Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post

Seriously.
You'll probably hear an echo like someone clapping their hands in a cavern.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

Me:
"Why name it Goliath if there's no David?!"
*one Mississippi*
*two Mississippi*
*three*
"Damnit, brain!"
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal as well as 358 winchester. IT can handle 300 win mag...with ease... 338 win mag even. We have not tested it on the 338 lap yet though.

45-70 is a bunch of round, but it can handle the round just fine, we have not had that opportunity yet though. We may take you up on that offer a little later in the spring when it is warmer.

22LR... wow, that would be insane...

Bill, you know the rule, there is no replacement for displacement! HAHAHAHA!!!

Dave

Old 11-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #10
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
Nice! How does it do with supersonic 308?
I have no idea. We have only tested it on the 458 SOCOM at this time. We have not expanded it to other subsonic rounds yet. I would suppose it would be really quiet and would affect POI very minimally.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #11
ncorry

ncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal ...................
That does it. Just sent an e-mail to my dealer to get one ordered. Now, I can take my sweet time and spend the next 10 months or so deciding if I want to build a 338 Federal or a 458 SOCOM.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #12
Fulliautomatix

Quote:
45-70 is a bunch of round, but it can handle the round just fine, we have not had that opportunity yet though. We may take you up on that offer a little later in the spring when it is warmer.
Yeah, just a little warmer though, not like July. We could have a metering day where we're not sweating our balls off, that would be great.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #13
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal as well as 358 winchester. IT can handle 300 win mag...with ease... 338 win mag even. We have not tested it on the 338 lap yet though.
and even 458 win mag....?
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #14
Fulliautomatix

Old 11-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
and even 458 win mag....?
Yep, that round would be fine as well. It is a relatively low power round compared to todays high performance rounds. I don't really see the draw here, but it would be fine in a goliath. If you got a tight enough twist barrel you could load some crazy heavy bullets and shoot subsonic with that round though... hmmm.

Dave

Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #16
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

I have one with a 1:14. I really need to dig that out of the safe and mess with it again.
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:30 PM   #17
DoctorSolo
Mr. Antisocial

DoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really nice

But whaddabout supers?

Can you launch a 255 gr projo a couple thousand fps and not melt yon face?
DoctorSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #18
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSolo View Post
But whaddabout supers?

Can you launch a 255 gr projo a couple thousand fps and not melt yon face?
In what caliber?

Old 02-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #19
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really nice

Although I would love to see right ear data in a semiautomatic platform in 223, subsonic 300blk, and supersonic 300blk on the Goliath and Sovereign, I can understand how the equipment setup, expense, and weather may make that impractical any time soon. If, however, you or your crew get the opportunity to put some lead down range, I would love to see your subjective opinions of the relative loudness to the shooter's right ear of any of those calibers (full power 223 being a good baseline) using the Goliath, Sovereign, and Mystic x on the AR15 platform.

Last edited by owensww; 02-08-2018 at 06:53 AM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #20
fastfire

fastfire is just really nicefastfire is just really nicefastfire is just really nicefastfire is just really nicefastfire is just really nicefastfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post

Seriously.
Tried my form 1 .308 can on some of my .22s.
Stupid quiet using subsonic ammo.
Kinda barrel heavy on the MKII though.