NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 04-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
allen16323

allen16323 has a spectacular aura aboutallen16323 has a spectacular aura about
Default Octane 45HD cleaning quiestion?

I have an Octane 45HD that gets alot of 22lr shot thru it and was wanting to know the best way to clean the booster area where the piston interfaces at? I fits really tight and binds the piston up. Was going to use a small piece of steel wool to remove the fouling, or is this ill advised?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

Is that part aluminum or steel? How about soaking it in some carbon cutting solvent and then hit it with a scotchbrite pad?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #3
Bolt

Bolt is on a distinguished road

He's talking about the steel cage insert. I would use a brass brush, you can also use a dremel with brass tips. (Like these two styles in link). Use some spray cleaner to keep the dust down. These brushes work great on 22 blast chambers also.

Silencerco said the insert comes out but it's a factory thing, if you have a major problem send it in.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote