NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 01-04-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all
Default SilencerCo Hybrid - some details (finally)

Just got an email:

Quote:
ONE FOR ALL
Introducing the Hybrid™ - the silencer for any platform. Compatible with pistol calibers from 9mm to .45 ACP, rifle calibers from 5.56mm to .45-70 GOV and .458 SOCOM, and many in between, the Hybrid is both full auto and magnum-rated and can be used on pistols, rifles, and submachine guns.

Boasting low-120s dB on .300 BLK and remaining hearing safe with .45–70 GOV, the Hybrid offers an unparalleled pairing of versatility and performance - a combination you’ve come to expect from SilencerCo products. The Hybrid is rated down to 16" barrels for .45–70 GOV and .458 SOCOM and down to 18" barrels for all magnum calibers up to .338 Lapua Magnum.
With a slew of compatible accessories available, you can turn the Hybrid into the perfect silencer for almost any host.

General info: https://silencerco.com/hybrid/
Cut sheet: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence.../hybridWEB.pdf
Accessories: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence...ridPoster2.pdf

Quote:
Hybrid
Caliber: 9mm – .45-70 GOV
Muzzle Average dB:
125.7 (9mm)
130.4 (.45ACP)
123.7 (.300 BLK)
138.3 (.458 SOCOM)
140.6 (.45-70 GOV)
Weight: 13.8 oz (With Direct Thread Mount)
Length: 7.8”
DiAMETER: 1.565”
FINISH: Grey Cerakote
Comes With: Piston Mount and 5/8x24 Direct Thread Mount
MSRP: $999
Looks good. I count 12 baffles, don't see any talk of what its made of. I assume there's a good bit of Ti in there with a weight of ~13oz.

Now to see what the street price is.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
Just got an email:

General info: https://silencerco.com/hybrid/
Cut sheet: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence.../hybridWEB.pdf
Accessories: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence...ridPoster2.pdf

Looks good. I count 12 baffles, don't see any talk of what its made of. I assume there's a good bit of Ti in there with a weight of ~13oz.

Now to see what the street price is.
Dammit man. I've been able to hold off buying a griffin for the simple reason my local dealer doesn't stock them. One of these on the shelf locally is going to be harder on my willpower. I do like griffin's length altering ability though.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

and a review by NFA Review channel

Comes with a piston mount (but not a piston and direct thread mount,

Nice that you can get an ASR adapter for it too.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
laxguy59

laxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeine View Post
Dammit man. I've been able to hold off buying a griffin for the simple reason my local dealer doesn't stock them. One of these on the shelf locally is going to be harder on my willpower. I do like griffin's length altering ability though.
The Griffin is a bit different. It seems more geared for rifle use since the initial portion is actually 30 caliber and the second portion only 9mm. that and its sold as being 2 cans in one

The Hybrid seems to be most similar to the new Liberty 45 cal can that is rated up to 458 socom. Marketed as a really strong 45 caliber can.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #5
laxguy59

laxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
and a review by NFA Review channel

Silencerco Hybrid - YouTube

Comes with a piston mount (but not a piston and direct thread mount,

Nice that you can get an ASR adapter for it too.
I hope they make a .578x28 ASR for my 77/44
Old 01-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
Fulliautomatix

Per the accessory poster...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence...ridPoster2.pdf

...they have a .578X28 direct thread module for this can.
PN: AC1564
MSRP $129

No ASR devices in that thread pitch.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
Glocktogo

Glocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of light

No 6.8 Front Cap? For shame!
Glocktogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #8
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktogo View Post
Buy 5.56 end cap
Apply spinning implement appropriately sized
???
Profit
Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
DethRokRyan

DethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of lightDethRokRyan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeine View Post
Buy 5.56 end cap
Apply spinning implement appropriately sized
???
Profit
*Note that spinning implement should not be a bullet.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
Glocktogo

Glocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of lightGlocktogo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethRokRyan View Post
*Note that spinning implement should not be a bullet.
"Mental Note" SiCo Hybrid not end cap strike rated. Got it.
Glocktogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #11
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

14oz 338LM can? Wut.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 PM   #12
98_1LE

98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light98_1LE is a glorious beacon of light

I feel like they misspelled Remington.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktogo View Post
People still shoot that crap? I bet you have a stockpile of 17HM2 and Remington Etronx primers as well
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Rocket99

Rocket99 is on a distinguished road

I just ordered my Hybrid from my dealer. It will be my first can. Boner factor of 10!!
Rocket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #15
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket99 View Post
I just ordered my Hybrid from my dealer. It will be my first can. Boner factor of 10!!
Welcome to the addiction.
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #16
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

I'm still confused by the weight. It's gotta be the lightest rifle can in it's size by a lot.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #17
chrismartin
Seņor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
I'm still confused by the weight. It's gotta be the lightest rifle can in it's size by a lot.
I'd bet it's the weight of the can without the mount adapter installed.
So, Can + fixed thread adapter would be heavier.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #18
Bumpin88

Bumpin88 is on a distinguished road

I'm assuming that it is not user serviceable.
Bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #19
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

It is meant for .458 projectiles, so you can probably service it by climbing inside and scrubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismartin View Post
I'd bet it's the weight of the can without the mount adapter installed.
So, Can + fixed thread adapter would be heavier.
Pretty sure SiCo says a weight like 12oz naked and somebody else said 13.8oz with the DT mount.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:02 PM   #20
gernest2

gernest2 is on a distinguished road

Anyone hear any db levels for the 338LM?
gernest2 is offline   Reply With Quote