NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 07-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #41
Billy2112
Crusty

Billy2112 is on a distinguished road

Yep. First is so close to the others, that I'm not sure that any difference is in my head.
Bullet impact is loudest. Action noise is second. Good times!
Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #42
Silent in Michigan

Silent in Michigan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2112 View Post
Yep. First is so close to the others, that I'm not sure that any difference is in my head.
Bullet impact is loudest. Action noise is second. Good times!
Good times indeed. Thanks for confirming what we heard as well. Was the upgrade from the Kodiak a noticeable improvement?
Silent in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #43
NISMO69

NISMO69 is on a distinguished road

Just placed my order for one of these regulators to go along side my mystic x. My question is how often are you guys cleaning them? 500 rds 1000, 2000? Also what have you guys found the easiest way to clean?
NISMO69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #44
CarnageZ28

CarnageZ28 will become famous soon enoughCarnageZ28 will become famous soon enough

Last edited by CarnageZ28; 01-11-2016 at 05:31 PM.
CarnageZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #45
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO69 View Post
Just placed my order for one of these regulators to go along side my mystic x. My question is how often are you guys cleaning them? 500 rds 1000, 2000? Also what have you guys found the easiest way to clean?
200 rounds preferred, 500 max, if you want them to come apart relatively easy. Full auto or dirty ammo should be cleaned more often.

I mostly focus on the tube, using steel and brass brushed, ATF (trans fluid), scotch brite pad and elbow grease. The cores can be brushed with a wire brush, scraped with a knife, and dipped.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #46
Hood886

Hood886 has a spectacular aura aboutHood886 has a spectacular aura about

Carnage there are independent tests that have already been done by third party sources. For instance NFATalks independent metering. I would only compare same day tests in detail when comparing cans. Here's a link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6OE/edit?pli=1

Also I wouldn't be so sore about it.
A. You will get great customer service from liberty.
B. I highly doubt you can tell the db difference between those numbers

Last edited by Hood886; 11-18-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Hood886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #47
Silent in Michigan

Silent in Michigan is on a distinguished road

Finally got to bring mine home this past weekend. I put about 100 CCI SV through it, since I dont have a meter I can't comment on the numbers. As I stated earlier in this thread when I shot it when it was in jail, the FRP is not really noticeable to me.

Based on my experience, I won't be shooting 500rds before I clean it. Surprisingly the core was barely dirty, the tube on the other hand had the lead splatter on it. While gritty, it was easily removed from the core. I used Bore Tech Eliminator with a shotgun brush and with a bit of effort, the tube cleaned up nicely.

I'm impressed with the performance and have zero buyers remorse.
Silent in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #48
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm hoping my Regulator will be a Valentine's Day present from the ATF.

I got to shoot it last month and was impressed with the lack of FRP on a pistol. My Sparrow SS is nice on a rifle, but on a pistol the 1st and sometimes 2nd rounds are much louder. Not so with the Regulator.

I now have a rifle and a pistol can. Works for me.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #49
CarnageZ28

CarnageZ28 will become famous soon enoughCarnageZ28 will become famous soon enough

Old 11-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #50
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnageZ28 View Post
Hood886 - I am not sore about it ... but it IS enough for me to not buy another Liberty product.

When you come out with something and advertise it as regularly metering 109 dB or less on a 22/45, and it actually is close to 8-10 dB louder - that is false advertising and is bullshit.

Sig's new rimfire can meters 8-10 dB louder than most. And as such, everyone says that it is shit/garbage because of this. If someone sells something claiming it to be THAT much better, it should at least be close to their claims.

The fact that it will meter the same as my $300 can that is easier to clean and half an inch shorter ~ does put a little buyers remorse in my head. Because that $700 (can and stamp) surely would have been spent on something else rather than a can that will perform exactly the same as what I currently have.
I don't seem to remember saying it REGULARLY metered below 109, the action noise of the host pistol is somewhere in that region (106 to 108 was what we saw usually). I do remember seeing numbers just below 110 a few times with the bulk of them being in the 111 to 113 range and some being in the 114 region.

Believe me when I say that I shot the crap out of that can to get a good average of numbers. That is why the website states the 42 to 46dB value. It will vary with elevation, host, ammo, weather, ect... I saw those numbers myself, that is with our pistol, CCI STD VEL ammo and the regulator demo can. It was cool weather when we did the initial measurements, but not bitter cold, if that matters.

It sounds like there is no salvaging this relationship anyway though, so I am probably typing this for nothing...

I'm sorry for your frustration in this thread and I hope you have a better experience with your next NFA item, whoever the maker is.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:58 PM   #51
Duce

Duce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really nice

you could cut your losses and sale it to me. I plan on buying 4 and a Leo when the accuracy numbers come in.I'm happy with all my liberty cans, have shot a Leo but not for groups. (to shoot one is to love it). + liberty customer service is some of the best. Pm me a price
Old 11-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #52
CarnageZ28

Old 01-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #53
BigWaylon
Stamp collector

BigWaylon has a spectacular aura aboutBigWaylon has a spectacular aura aboutBigWaylon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Don't forget that the Essence is rated for 5.7x28mm and the Regulator is not. so if you plan to shoot that round through these little cans, don't change over to the regulator.

Dave
Could you explain this a little more? I'm seeing Ti and SS as the materials for both. I could understand if one was an Al tube, but I'm seeing similar materials. Is it due to baffle design? Or something else you could share?
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:50 AM   #54
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
Could you explain this a little more? I'm seeing Ti and SS as the materials for both. I could understand if one was an Al tube, but I'm seeing similar materials. Is it due to baffle design? Or something else you could share?
The core material is stainless in the regulator and titanium in the essence. The titanium is much stronger so it can handle the 5.7mm round. That's all there is to it. Hope this solves your mystery, thank you for asking!!!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #55
BigWaylon
Stamp collector

BigWaylon has a spectacular aura aboutBigWaylon has a spectacular aura aboutBigWaylon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
The core material is stainless in the regulator and titanium in the essence. The titanium is much stronger so it can handle the 5.7mm round. That's all there is to it. Hope this solves your mystery, thank you for asking!!!

Dave
That's all I really needed to know!!

I'm working on the design for a dedicated can for my PS90 SBR, and trying to soak up all the info I can. Going more for a 45K/556K sized can instead of the rimfire suppressors that handle 5.7x28.

Since it's not a whole lot of material to buy, had been considering Ti over SS for the baffles...and your answer kinda sealed the deal.

Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #56
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

That being said, the old Kodiak (SS) and is rated to 5.7x28mm while the Kodiak TL (Ti) is not. More about design than simply material choice.
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #57
BigWaylon
Stamp collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
That being said, the old Kodiak (SS) and is rated to 5.7x28mm while the Kodiak TL (Ti) is not. More about design than simply material choice.
Yep. Plenty of SS cans rated for the round.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #58
BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 is on a distinguished road

I am a little late to this party, because I just found that there is an upgrade available for the Kodiak TL. I really like my Kodiak TL, but I like what I see and hear of the Regulator. I am strongly considering an upgrade, but I have some questions for anyone who might now the answers.

Is the upgrade really to regulator specs, or are the corners that need to be cut because it is an upgrade rather than a new suppressor?

Is there any way to really judge the performance difference between the Kodiak TL and the Regulator? Performance is the most important to me, and I hesitate to spend the cost of the upgrade for cosmetics.

Because the mount is part of the core, is this better for mounting on a short barrel hidden inside a rail? In other words, does it avoid the problem of having the suppressor disassemble itself when I try to remove it, and have to remove the rail to get it out?
BillSXT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #59
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSXT2002 View Post
I am a little late to this party, because I just found that there is an upgrade available for the Kodiak TL. I really like my Kodiak TL, but I like what I see and hear of the Regulator. I am strongly considering an upgrade, but I have some questions for anyone who might now the answers.

Is the upgrade really to regulator specs, or are the corners that need to be cut because it is an upgrade rather than a new suppressor?

Is there any way to really judge the performance difference between the Kodiak TL and the Regulator? Performance is the most important to me, and I hesitate to spend the cost of the upgrade for cosmetics.

Because the mount is part of the core, is this better for mounting on a short barrel hidden inside a rail? In other words, does it avoid the problem of having the suppressor disassemble itself when I try to remove it, and have to remove the rail to get it out?
Look in the data base. There have been tests conducted with both cans on rifle and pistol hosts.
http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=716

The rear cap is LH thread for just that reason. David talks about this feature in the vid.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #60
ComputerShooter
Happy-Go-Lucky Grouch

ComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to all

Was trying to forget mine is still in jail.

Software Engineering, where Quality is job 1.1.1

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote