NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 12-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
bwarner

bwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommend a pistol can

Looking at a pistol can. Mostly for 9mm but 357sig and 45 not out of the question.
bwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
Duce

Duce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really niceDuce is just really nice

If excluding the 45. I am quite happy with my Liberty mystic. The mystic x has improvements on the older model I have. If customer service means much to you Liberty can not be beaten.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

If I were looking at simply a pistol can, the weight savings of the Infiniti is worth it over the Mystic. I own both and the mystic pretty much never gets shot on pistols. I run it on my Mac and MPX.
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

My Osprey 45 is my favorite can, but the Revolution 45 is my most versatile pistol can. Rev 45 can be used in long or short config and you can get the 9mm endcap.

Last edited by areekalaan; 12-26-2015 at 08:26 PM.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
Phineaspoe2000

Phineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura aboutPhineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura aboutPhineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura about

I have a .45 Osprey. It's awesome. Fairly light, sounds really good with 180 grain .40, subsonic 9MM and 230 grain .45, sounds AWESOME with .45 when wet.

I have a .45 Octane in the works as well, because I wanted something full auto rated and take apart. Plus it uses all of the same pistons/boosters as the Osprey.
Haven't had a chance to shoot an Octane yet but they do have good reviews.

I don't own any Liberty pistol cans. I have one of their rifle cans that I really like but their new .45 can looks promising. I know somebody recommended the Infiniti but I got the impression they weren't making it anymore.

If I didn't already have an Osprey it would have been a toss up for me between the new Liberty .45 can and the Octane. And TBH the lower cost of mounts/pistons for the Silencerco cans and slightly lower cost of the cans themselves would probably still tip the scales for me.

Also, concerning customer service Silencerco is also top notch. I needed a new shim kit for one of my Trifecta brakes last week and they emailed me back within the day and had a free shim kit shipped to me faster than an Amazon Prime order.
Phineaspoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
Haywood Jablome
3-Legged Workhorse

Haywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
If I were looking at simply a pistol can, the weight savings of the Infiniti is worth it over the Mystic. I own both and the mystic pretty much never gets shot on pistols. I run it on my Mac and MPX.
I concur.
I love my mystic, but i also run it on rifles.
Cant go wrong with Liberty.
CS second to none.
Haywood Jablome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #7
kramer

kramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of lightkramer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phineaspoe2000 View Post
I have a .45 Osprey. It's awesome. Fairly light, sounds really good with 180 grain .40, subsonic 9MM and 230 grain .45, sounds AWESOME with .45 when wet.

I have a .45 Octane in the works as well, because I wanted something full auto rated and take apart. Plus it uses all of the same pistons/boosters as the Osprey.
Haven't had a chance to shoot an Octane yet but they do have good reviews.
Same here. I have the 45 Osprey and I wanted another 45 can so I bought a 45 Octane HD. Mainly due to the fact that it uses the same pistons as the Osprey (I have them all) and it comes apart. I just picked up the Octane on Saturday and should be trying it our shortly.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Crk245
sales@silentriflegroup.co

Crk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of lightCrk245 is a glorious beacon of light

Mystic X! Its a bigger but it tougher and more shhhh anything i've seen. Plus Dave and crew are some of the best people you will ever meet.