NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Silencer Shop

Old 12-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about
Default Powered By Silencer Shop and Buy It Local

At Silencer Shop, we've worked hard to simplify the buying & registration process - and now we're taking that to the next level with our Powered By Silencer Shop program!
Silencer Shop submits more Form 4's to the ATF than anybody else in the country; and, as a result, we've learned what works - as well as what doesn't. We're able to keep our Form 4 error rate to an absolute minumum by running an automated validation on the registration information, and then following that up with a manual review by some of the most experienced NFA experts in the country.

And that's before your paperwork even gets printed!

We're so confident that you'll have a positive experience, that we guarantee every Powered By Silencer Shop order!

With our new Powered By Silencer Shop (PBSS) program, we've built a dedicated national network of dealers; so, if you live in an area where silencers are legal, you'll probably have a PBSS dealer within just a few miles of your home.

When you purchase a suppressor from SilencerShop.com, you can rest assured:
1.You're getting the best price from our competitive marketplace.
2.You don't have to worry about the hassle of setting up a transfer with a local dealer - and there are NO TRANSFER FEES.

If you choose a dealer with the PBSS logo by their name:
1.Our NFA experts will handle the entire NFA submission for you - so you can rest easy knowing your Form 4 paperwork is being submitted quickly and correctly.
2.We'll keep you updated as the transfer status changes; providing information like the serial number of each suppressor, submission dates, shipping dates, and the date the ATF cashes your tax stamp check.
3.You'll get your approval quickly, no matter where you live - and you can pick up the suppressor at the local dealer you choose. (Be sure to look at our current approval times to see what's coming back approved.)
4.We back up every PBSS transfer with a satisfaction guarantee - so you can be assured that your purchase is also "Guaranteed By Silencer Shop"!

In short, by combining our NFA expertise with a network of dealers around the country, you'll know your next PBSS order from SilencerShop.com will be processed quickly & correctly!

How does the program work?

We couldn't have made it easier... trust us, we tried. At the product page - before you add the silencer to your cart - you'll be prompted to select a dealer in your state. Here is how it works.

How does Silencer Shop handle my Form 4?

Before getting into this, remember that If you do NOT choose a PBSS dealer, then your selected local dealer will handle the Form 4 submission for you.

If you do choose a PBSS dealer, then read on to see how Silencer Shop will handle your Form 4 submission process!

First, you need to decide how you want to register the silencer. You can register as a trust, corporation, or individual - or you can choose to register as an individual. If you have any questions about the method that you should use, please don't hesitate to give us a call!
Once you know how you want to register, you can:
1.Purchase the suppressor directly from our website, or by giving us a call @ 512-931-4556. You'll be able to pick a local dealer when making the purchase - and remember that we're always here to answer any questions you may have when you're picking out your new toy!
2.Be sure to purchase an NFA tax stamp for each suppressor on your order. Most people just add this into the initial order; but, it can be purchased a bit later if you prefer – and a credit or debit card works just fine. (Remember that we can’t start your Form 4 transfer until the tax stamp has been purchased.)
3.We'll email instructions explaining how you can upload, email, or fax any additial documentation (such as a copy of your NFA Trust) that may be needed. (If you're registering as an individual, we'll contact you by phone to ensure everything is setup correctly.)

That’s all there is to it! We’ll take care of getting everything reviewed and submitted right away.

When your Form 4 transfer has been approved by the NFA Branch, you will be notified by us or your dealer (depending on how the aplication was submitted); and, you can simply pick up the suppressor from your local dealer.

Once you've gone through the NFA process using a PBSS dealer, you'll see why our customers say 'The hardest part is the wait':

Powered By Silencer Shop
•By using the PBSS program, we will take care of 100% of the NFA process for you.
•There are NO TRANSFER FEES.
•You don’t have to worry about locating a local FFL/SOT to handle the transfer.
•You'll know you're getting the best price without the need to drive all over town.
•We're here to answer any questions you may have about either the products or the process.
•We back up every PBSS order with a full guarantee!

We review and submit more NFA Forms than anybody in the country; so, you can rest assured that your application will be correct before it goes to the NFA Branch.

Whether you’re a seasoned NFA expert, or a first-time buyer, we think you’ll find this program to be the easiest & fastest way possible to by a silencer!
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
gernest2

gernest2 is on a distinguished road

Just playing devils advocate here, but I go to your site and find the powered by silencershop dealers, why wouldn't I go straight to them for my purchases and eliminate the middle man?
gernest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernest2 View Post
Just playing devils advocate here, but I go to your site and find the powered by silencershop dealers, why wouldn't I go straight to them for my purchases and eliminate the middle man?
You could do that for sure. Some of the FFL's will have it in stock and some won't. Also the FFL's set the price so more than likely you will find it for the same price as on our site but pay sales tax.

However the main reason that people choose this program is because we file hundreds of forms a week VS the local FFL that might not have the experience.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
512-931-4556
Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernest2 View Post
Most dealers don't have diversity in inventory (if any) or relationships with manufacturers. I fell into this trap with my first 22 can. Dealer pushed what they had in stock. One model from one company... Caused me to buy a shit 22 can for my first NFA purchase. Not naming any names here, but I'll never buy another can from that manufacturer. Never been back to that shop either.

The dealer I use now only stocks Osprey 45s and Sparrow 22s. I choose from the wide selection silencershop has (their awesome independent testing videos help with selection) and have it shipped to my dealer.

Prices are good too.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
gernest2

gernest2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
You could do that for sure. Some of the FFL's will have it in stock and some won't. Also the FFL's set the price so more than likely you will find it for the same price as on our site but pay sales tax.

However the main reason that people choose this program is because we file hundreds of forms a week VS the local FFL that might not have the experience.
What you guys do is great it really gets the word out on buying cans and how simple the process really is, and you Jeremy to get on forums like this on a regular basis shows great loyalty to both the industry and the consumers I tip my hat to you and your company. Unfortunately for you guys I like to go to my local dealer to touch, feel, and "hear" my potential purchases. But once again you guys are true pioneers in this part of the industry keep up the good work
gernest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the rough

Jeremy,

If I buy a silencer today from silencer shop under my TRUST and 41p goes through before the form 3 clears and before form 4 gets submitted, what options do I have that would keep the trustees on my trust from undergoing a background check?

Can I remove the trustees from the trust and later add them again without them having to go through a background check?

Can I convert to an individual submission prior to submitting the form 4?

Should I just submit a second trust?
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

No one knows since the ATF hasn't said. In the past they have said that forms will be grandfathered in. You could remove the trustees and then add them back after approval. You would not need a second trust.
512-931-4556
Old 12-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #8
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

Could you also change the beneficiary if their age was a problem and then change it back after approval? My Son is 10 and I am concerned that it may cause problems. Or is he not a "responsible person" until he becomes old enough?
Old 12-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Age doesn't matter on the beneficiary and they wouldn't have to be signed off on if 41P were enacted. I would suggest having a beneficiary that is over 18 though, in the event that you die.
512-931-4556
Old 12-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

That's what the trustees are for. My original purpose for going the trust route was guaranteeing my underage son eventually got everything, and the Ex never touches anything. He won't get any NFA toys until all 3 conditions are met. I die, he is 21 or older , and he is responsible and in sound mind in the opinion of the majority of trustees (I have 3 not including myself).

I know they COULD be inherited at 18, but I did some stupid things when I was around that age and if I'm not around to guide him, I'd rather give him a few years to settle down before handing him an arsenal.

ETA: The sound mind part is primarily in case I get killed by someone (drunk driver, mugger, etc.), I don't want him dressing up like The Punisher and becoming the next poster boy for gun control trying to take revenge.

Last edited by areekalaan; 12-29-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #11
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Just make sure your trust is written that way so that the next trustee can become the grantor. Some trusts expire when you expire.
512-931-4556
Old 12-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
Jeremy,

If I buy a silencer today from silencer shop under my TRUST and 41p goes through before the form 3 clears and before form 4 gets submitted, what options do I have that would keep the trustees on my trust from undergoing a background check?

Can I remove the trustees from the trust and later add them again without them having to go through a background check?

Can I convert to an individual submission prior to submitting the form 4?

Should I just submit a second trust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
No one knows since the ATF hasn't said. In the past they have said that forms will be grandfathered in. You could remove the trustees and then add them back after approval. You would not need a second trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
Could you also change the beneficiary if their age was a problem and then change it back after approval? My Son is 10 and I am concerned that it may cause problems. Or is he not a "responsible person" until he becomes old enough?
This sounds like a trust loophole to allow someone access to a NFA weapon who may not pass a background check.

Not picking on any of you personally or saying this is what you are doing, i understand it is a pain in the ass and more expensive added for no reason. I just cringe thinking of an anti-gunner reading this because it sounds bad even to someone like me who doesn't really care what anyone else does.
hypervdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #13
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the roughowensww is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
This sounds like a trust loophole to allow someone access to a NFA weapon who may not pass a background check.

Not picking on any of you personally or saying this is what you are doing, i understand it is a pain in the ass and more expensive added for no reason. I just cringe thinking of an anti-gunner reading this because it sounds bad even to someone like me who doesn't really care what anyone else does.
A prohibited person can't legally be on an nfa trust, so I am not sure there is a point to that line of reasoning.

Personally I have the trust because it is a convenient way to avoid any legal hassle over possession issues for my immediate family. Asking them to undergo all the background check stuff would be a bit much.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote