NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 10-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough
Default Any interest in 9mm integrals anymore?

We are throwing the idea around of building a 9mm integral on an AR chassis, is there still interest in this design or are we about to spend a bunch of time on a gun nobody wants?

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

Sure it sounds interesting. Would you guys be using a magwell adapter or a dedicated lower that uses Glock, Colt or other magazines? Blowback or DI? I personally just 'slapped together' a PSA blowback 9mm SBR with 4" bbl with a Rugged Obsidian nested in the handguard. It's fun enough, but I feel there's a lot of port pop compared to my DI 45 SBR. So I'm not chomping at the bit to get another 9mm AR, but that's just me. I'd love to see what you guys could do with what sounds like a 9mm Leonidas.

Last edited by Fulliautomatix; 10-03-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Fulliautomatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of lightpropeine is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
We are throwing the idea around of building a 9mm integral on an AR chassis, is there still interest in this design or are we about to spend a bunch of time on a gun nobody wants?

Dave
Make it not blowback IMO. Whether its some sort of DI (easier since it is integral), Piston like an MPX or setup like the CMMG. When you're controlling everything do something beyond integral IMO.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
ryanh487
Weapons Addict

ryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of light

If it takes glock mags and has a barrel + suppressor length under 12", you'd probably have my attention. Unless the price tag exceeds the value of my jeep
ryanh487 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

Agreed. I'm not sure I want a(nother) blowback 9mm AR.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
Duce

Duce is a jewel in the roughDuce is a jewel in the roughDuce is a jewel in the roughDuce is a jewel in the roughDuce is a jewel in the roughDuce is a jewel in the rough

Accuracy and reliability are top priorities for me add in great suppression and im looking.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #7
superdrag67

superdrag67 will become famous soon enoughsuperdrag67 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh487 View Post
If it takes glock mags and has a barrel + suppressor length under 12", you'd probably have my attention. Unless the price tag exceeds the value of my jeep
Pretty much this.
superdrag67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
catfish

catfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh487 View Post
If I can use my Glock mag lower and has a barrel + suppressor length under 12", you'd probably have my attention. Unless the price tag exceeds the value of my jeep
FIFY
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
ryanh487
Weapons Addict

ryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of lightryanh487 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
FIFY
that too. I already have a stripped PSA glock mag lower in the project box, but I could probably be pursuaded to just build 2 9mm ARs
ryanh487 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #10
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

Welrod Doomstick?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Fishman

Fishman will become famous soon enough

on a blowback upper, i'd have no interest.

on a DI or Delayed blowback upper. that'd be slick.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:22 PM   #12
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

The blowback M11 Lage and Mech Tech are quiet at the port, but the bolt weighs over 2 lbs.
Fuliatomatix DI 45 is just a hair louder at the port than those above. Impressive. Wonder if instead you could do a piston setup inside the silencer tube?

The bolt face on a standard 223 AR is pretty close to the 9mm casing size. Would the rotation of a 223 bolt be enough to delay port opening on a 9mm blowback conversion?

I have to admit, shooting the 9mm lage (distal radius) and mech tech (romilyu) is super fun, but i would take an equally quiet 45 over it for the higher bullet mass.

Edit: looks like all cmmg did is cut an angle on the aft ar15 bolt locking lugs so it would unlock with the backwards force of the case.

Last edited by owensww; 10-04-2017 at 02:31 PM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #13
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
The blowback M11 Lage and Mech Tech are quiet at the port, but the bolt weighs over 2 lbs.
Fuliatomatix DI 45 is just a hair louder at the port than those above. Impressive. Wonder if instead you could do a piston setup inside the silencer tube?

The bolt face on a standard 223 AR is pretty close to the 9mm casing size. Would the rotation of a 223 bolt be enough to delay port opening on a 9mm blowback conversion?

I have to admit, shooting the 9mm lage (distal radius) and mech tech (romilyu) is super fun, but i would take an equally quiet 45 over it for the higher bullet mass.

Edit: looks like all cmmg did is cut an angle on the aft ar15 bolt locking lugs so it would unlock with the backwards force of the case.
you can't have a rotating locking bolt on a blow back setup. it couldn't cycle.
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #14
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to alldoubloon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
depends on how far it rotates, Benelli Inertia, reliability debatable
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:35 PM   #15
Fishman

Quote:
radial delayed blowback is a thing
Old 10-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #16
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
The barrel extension lugs are angled as well. There's some other changes to the bcg, but nothing conceptually significant.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #17
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
depends on how far it rotates, Benelli Inertia, reliability debatable
inertia isn't the same as blow back.
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #18
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Cmmg altered the lugs on their 45 version so that the recoil of the case turns the bolt.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #19
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Nice information about the wants at this time. It never occurred to me to worry with locked breech, now I know it matters! Thanks guys, projects are moving forward around here, albeit slowly, but they are moving.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #20
TOOL1075
Spoiled by Suppression

TOOL1075 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

tell that to my B&T TP9
TOOL1075 is offline   Reply With Quote