NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 01-23-2016, 11:29 PM   #1
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light
Default Griffin Armament Resistance 9 & 45

Not much for details other than it being a 'value oriented" design with pricing (MSRP?) around $695

Old 01-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

A Revolution with the revolutionary feature removed!

MSRP is around what silencer shop is selling the Revolutions for.

Octane clone. yawn.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, our local dealer is selling the Revolution for $594. If they're going to sell these things they'd better clock in with a street price around $500 to make it worth while.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

I was in the Griffin booth at SHOT. Basically they are $100 less than the Revolution and are like the K versions.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

Austin,

Are you guys offering upgrades to the new baffle stack with the new short baffle for older Rev 45 models?

Last edited by owensww; 08-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:24 AM   #6
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

When did they make that change? Serial number range of new design? How much difference?

My Rev 9 and 45 are both early double digit serials.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #7
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

Looks like it was with the introduction of these new silencers. Look at their website. There is a little baffle in the mix now that is short and I assume goes on the end of the stack. They are claiming 32 dB reduction where they used to claim 28. If that one little baffle makes 4 dB difference, I want it.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

The new Revolutions also have a disassembly tool and grooves in the extension tube and rear endcap. This was one of my major issues.

I'll be emailing to inquire about upgrades.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
owensww
Not A Clue

Let me know if you find out.

Last edited by owensww; 08-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #10
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

They will offer an option to upgrade the piston assembly but at the moment they don't have plans of offering a baffle upgrade.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
512-931-4556
Old 08-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #11
owensww
Not A Clue

Thanks Jeremy. We can always count on you guys.

Do you know if the new baffles offer a significant improvement? If so, I would encourage them to offer such an upgrade, especially if it meant purchasing just the short baffle. I would look forward to a performance boost.

On a positive note, Griffin was responsive to inspecting some end cap strikes I was getting and replaced the end cap despite determining that it may be due to carbon build up.

Last edited by owensww; 08-08-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #12
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Well we haven't tested the new baffle so I can't say for sure. What I can say is that Griffin is one of the few companies that test better than what they say it does. So I don't have a reason to doubt them.

In addition I will say that it is very rare that manufacturers offer the option to upgrade anything on older generation silencers. Most companies just upgrade features and don't advertise them. I think it is very doubtful that they will offer the baffle upgrade since it would require the silencer to be sent back and the new stack put in.

From my stand point it isn't that they don't want to but don't have the man power to accomplish this. Their focus is on getting silencers to distributors and rightly so.
512-931-4556
Old 08-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #13
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

From Griffin:

"We will be rolling out an upgrade program in a few months for the housing. The baffle isn't compatible with the older generation. Stay tuned to our social media for when it releases."

Someone please let me know when this happens. I don't do social media.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #14
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Expect sometime around October. That was the last I heard.
512-931-4556
Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #15
owensww
Not A Clue

Would a 750 -1000 degree heat gun be OK for releasing the blue loctite on the revolution? If not, would a household oven at 450 be ok?
Old 08-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #16
DethRokRyan

DethRokRyan is just really niceDethRokRyan is just really niceDethRokRyan is just really niceDethRokRyan is just really niceDethRokRyan is just really niceDethRokRyan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
Would a 750 -1000 degree heat gun be OK for releasing the blue loctite on the revolution? If not, would a household oven at 450 be ok?
Dump a magazine or three and unscrew. You will probably need a wrench or pliers, but blue loctite is not that strong.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #17
owensww
Not A Clue

Heat gun worked on the tube joint but couldn't get the piston housing loose. I assume the grooved outer part of the piston housing is designed for an adjustable pipe wrench and that would be safe to use?

Acetone?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:39 AM   #18
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

Pipe wrench would probably chew it up. I wrapped it in leather or gasket material and clamped in a vice. Then turned tube by hand.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #19
owensww
Not A Clue

Did something similar. Finally worked. I see why the new one incorporates a spanner wrench. PITA
Old 08-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #20
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

I can live without the additional baffle. I'm excited about the disassembly tool in the upgrade.