NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
bp7178

bp7178 is on a distinguished road
Default Griffin Armament SPR/Recce 5 Questions

I was wondering if anyone could offer insight on the GA SPR and Recce 5 suppressors. I am wanting to outfit my 18" SPR upper with a suppressor.

In reading and watching video reviews, interestingly the smaller and lighter Recce 5 averages 1dB lower when tested back to back with the SPR courtesy of MAC's review. Not a deal breaker, but what would if anything, the SPR bring to offset its longer, heavier and more expensive package?

I also like the idea of running a three prong flash hider instead of a muzzle brake or comp, which is only available with the Recce 5. Would doing this effect sound attenuation at all? Do the extra baffles the brake creates when inside of the suppressor effect anything?

I just don't know what the SPR would bring over the Recce 5.If there's an effect of accuracy or POI repeat ability, that would be more important than the 1dB in sound or the weight/length. A reduction in blowback, and a lower dB for the shooter would be an important consideration.
bp7178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

SPR's reflex design is supposed to reduce blowback and gas in the face. I'm waiting on the Form 4 for mine now.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about

Reduced backpressure also that can in that test didnt do well for whatever reason. On our 18" spr the spr metered 131.5db.
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
jkupp2000

jkupp2000 is on a distinguished road

I've noticed a lot less gas on 16" AR with the SPR. Most customers that demo it as well as other say the same thing. And it sounds awesome.
jkupp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like you are rolling out a 3 prong flash hider mount for the SPR? Saw the pic on your site but didn't see the option to select a 3 prong in the drop down menu. Maybe it's the "new" flash hider?

What I would really love to see would be a linear compensator SPR mount. That would be the awesome! Any chance of that happening?
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote