NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 05-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about
Default Military Arms tested industry sound suppressors (Griffin included)

I posted this also in "suppressors" on the forum here:

I saw this video on Full 30 and called Copper Custom- a dealer of our products owned by Tim from Military Arms Channel. I was informed that the Military Arms Channel had sound tested a broad assortment of industry sound suppressors.

The first video to be released is 5.56mm suppressors tested on a 16" platform.

Apparently there are other videos to be released soon. This is cool stuff- the industry hasn't seen a broad scale, same day, independent test for some time. We're looking forward to seeing how the other testing goes as those videos are released.

https://www.full30.com/video/d559c75...0dea9383d8e51e
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Damn good job Austin.
All the Griffin silencers did great. Very impressive. I'd have trouble picking one of them at this point, they are all great performers.

Good on MAC for doing all of this. As we know, it's time and resource intensive.

Someone needs to show this to Jessie James to show him how to properly produce data that can be believed.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to all

Great video and great data on cans that rarely get metered.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Chris. We built our line to be competitive with what we believed to be the performance of the other models in class to be. We dont buy all the competing cans here so we dont know much about them. Ive heard buying two of everything on the market is a std practice with two industry companies.

I was surprised how some of those cans in this video didnt quite do what I had expected based on marketing videos i had seen previously.

It will be interesting to see what else got tested and how we did in the other categories.

Last edited by green0; 05-11-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
green0

The m4-2000 is an example. The test results i saw and associated with that product were of the early run cans. Those weighed 16.2 ounces. From what ive been told those had baffles that were more thin. Those baffles pretty early on got stamped from thicker inconel for neccessary durability and weight increased over an ounce As far as I am aware. That must have cost some volume and reduced performance.

Last edited by green0; 05-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.