NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 11-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about
Default New stuff happening at Griffin Armament

Things are moving as fast as we can move them. As a result I don't have time to post as much as I used to. Lately we introduced a few new suppressors:

Sportsman series:
These are 12 ounce .300 Win Mag rated suppressors designed for the sport shooting and hunting markets. We have taper mount and direct thread attached models available. These suppressors have shown 1/8MOA repeatable 1/8MOA shift on AMU contoured 6.5 creedmoors we like to shoot on the precision side.

M4SD:
A affordable 5.56mm fast attach suppressor with a 33DB sound reduction. 6.625" OAL 16 ounce weight.

Spartan 3:
A direct thread suppressor for 5.56mm carbines- perm attachable to put 10.5 and longer barrels over the 16.1" non NFA length.

Revolution 45:
A configurable short or long 45 suppressor with a 133.95DB SPL Dry, for a 28DB sound reduction. 12 ounces 8.2" OAL in the long configuration.

Comming soon- a 30SD suppressor utilizing our SDQD interface and providing ear safe performance on a 7.62mm 16" semi-auto.

Blast shields:

QD Blast shield (Our SDQD interface on a blast shield, for compatibility with our SD line of suppressor mounts).

Taper mount blast shield (our taper mount interface on a blast shield for compatibility with our taper mounts).

Muzzle devices:
Taper mount flash suppressors- a market leading flash suppressor lineup with support for surplus firearms. 14x1mm LH (AK) 15x1MM (HK), 9/16x24LH (Metric FAL), 1/2x28, 5/8x24 offered. Noteable is that surplus guns come from many sources, we just configured a couple firearms for a video shoot this week and the FAL thread was snug (required oil and a wrench to install), the HK mounted perfectly, the AK muzzle faces on the AK's we have had burrs (AKA those surfaces were not flat), so we picked the better of two guns. If we wanted we could probably carefully stone the muzzle faces to bring them closer to perpendicular with the bore.

A 14x1LH AK Flash comp (for blast shield mounting, not for suppressor mounting)

Coming soon a line of SDQD mounts for 7.62mm applications in 5/8x24

A thread adaptor for the HK MP7A1

People who want to be up to the minute up to speed should follow our Instagram- instagram allows us to snap a picture on a phone and keep the people informed as we work 12 and 14 hour days to keep customers supplied:
http://instagram.com/griffin_armament

Additionally we try to produce videos for our products for Youtube so if you search Griffin Armament there you will find videos like the one below:
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

knightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of light

That sportsman has peaked my interest. have you found a service limit on it yet?
knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

The Sportsman is awesome. I've shoot it on my light weight 308 and the weight and sound are awesome.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
laxguy59

laxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nice

Got any videos or images of how the 45 can is reconfigured?
Old 11-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightslugger View Post
That sportsman has peaked my interest. have you found a service limit on it yet?
We have about three thousand rounds of .300 win mag and 6.5 creedmore on one here and the blast baffle is minty fresh. I was very impressed with how durable the can was for its weight.

The only limitation the Sportsman has is a rate of fire limitation. 20rounds rapid and 3 rounds per minute sustained. So it's not a recreational semi-auto can for putting mag after mag of Greek ball through a beater surplus gun, but for hunting, and precision shooting, or precision competition shooting, it's a perfect match for the task.

IG pic of the blast baffle at 3K (the radius is machined into the baffle so that's not wear, but the original geometry:

http://instagram.com/p/vWyhWIukJl/?modal=true
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
KDOG

KDOG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxguy59 View Post
Got any videos or images of how the 45 can is reconfigured?

Here is a video how to configure the Revolution 9. I'm assuming the 45 is the same.

KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to all

Is the SPR can gone from your line up?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #8
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
Is the SPR can gone from your line up?
The SPR and RSTA are still both listed on their website.
Which reminds me, I need to order a few mounts for my rsta.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to all

Thanks Chris! Just seen this!

One more question.

I notice the mounts look similar so does the 762 version fit the 556 mount?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Piqued.

And x2. Im really interested in it as a hunting suppressor. How does sound reduction compare to other full size suppressors? Does the direct thread model have a SS blast baffle?
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #11
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

knightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of lightknightslugger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
Piqued.

And x2. Im really interested in it as a hunting suppressor. How does sound reduction compare to other full size suppressors? Does the direct thread model have a SS blast baffle?
Kinda...

Quote:
Sportsman™ direct thread silencers feature and include our interchangeable Cornerstone™ Muzzle Brake thread insert available in 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 thread pitches. This insert provides an extremely durable 17-4PH stainless sacrificial baffle as well as durable single point cut threads for countless attachments to the host firearm without worry of wear.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArevaloSOCOM View Post
Thanks Chris! Just seen this!

One more question.

I notice the mounts look similar so does the 762 version fit the 556 mount?

Thanks!
Yes, the 7.62 RSTA silencer fits the 556 mounts.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #13
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Kinda...
I see how it all goes together now. Their mobile site is all jacked up and all I saw was the taper mount version.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

I'm a little confused on this part. It's 8.6" long, but adds only 6" to the length of the barrel (according to SilencerShop product page). ...where's the 2.6" go? Over the barrel? If that's the case, I don't know how the brake mount works. This is the DT (which I presume means Direct Thread) that is up for sale. I notice the shiney thing in the lower left corner.

Looks like a brake, shouldn't be used as one. gotcha. ok.

If that threads on to the end of the barrel, that would add length, but the stop for the can threads is at the shoulder, so the can would stop there as well... so wouldn't the added length be closer to 8.1" (1/2" for threads) not 6"?

Does this cool faster than say, the harvester? That beast comes in at 9" long, so by looking at the numbers i get the same suppression (or better?) with 3" less hanging off the barrel, but the harvester is full Stainless (yet clocks in .6oz lighter?) so it soaks up heat and keeps it longer than i imagine aluminum does.

Last edited by knightslugger; 11-18-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #15
srt-4_uk

The harvester is much slimmer
Old 11-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #16
Bendersquint
Stalking Rhino Industries

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

Quote:
I'm a little confused on this part. It's 8.6" long, but adds only 6" to the length of the barrel (according to SilencerShop product page). ...where's the 1.6" go? Over the barrel?
USUALLY that means that once the QD/Brake thing is installed ADDING A CAN to that ONLY increases the length noted, in this case it only adds another 6 inches to the OAL of the rifle with the mount attached.
Bendersquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
srt-4_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post
USUALLY that means that once the QD/Brake thing is installed ADDING A CAN to that ONLY increases the length noted, in this case it only adds another 6 inches to the OAL of the rifle with the mount attached.
Right. But the suppressor in question is the "direct thread" version. I assume it meant the brake gets left in the can.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #18
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_uk View Post
Right. But the suppressor in question is the "direct thread" version. I assume it meant the brake gets left in the can.
the brake that shall not be used as a brake. That's how i understood it as well, hence the odd look on my face.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #19
chrismartin
Señor Member

Quote:
the brake that shall not be used as a brake. That's how i understood it as well, hence the odd look on my face.
So, it's really a threaded insert patterned after a brake to act as a replaceable sacrificial first baffle. It's not really meant to be used as a silencer mount, more like a thread adapter. If you want a real brake, then I guess you would buy the taper mount version while those people that want a direct thread-on silencer would get this model and still get a steel brake to help with erosion. Kind of a novel idea though, I like it. Replaceable rear threaded adapters but still a thread-on silencer. Plus, if you were to ever mess up the threads, replacing them would be simple.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #20
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

right, exactly. so really it's a 8.6" can that adds 8.1" to the end of the barrel (considering 1/2" of thread), not 6".