NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 06-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #41
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
Dave,

There is a scheduled metering event near you at the end of July. Any chance someone could stop by with the prototype?

July 23rd: Resaca, Ga
I had not been informed of this event. I am not sure if we ca make it this time either... It being after the 41F debacle, I don't know what we will be doing at this point. I will have to consult the oracle at Delphi and get back to you on that...

In all seriousness, I will check the calendar and see what we have on the schedule.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #42
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorry View Post
Dave, I'm on the verge or ponying up for a new 308 can, but it's got to be rated for a 12.5" 308Win for the new night time hog hunting 308SBR I'm slowly putting together. I flat out love everything I own from Liberty.

What are the chances that the iconel blast baffle makes it to the Ti Chaotic AND will be suitable for a max of one 25-round mag of pig hating 308Win loaded with mild loads of Varget out of a 12.5" barrel?

Seems my other under 16 ounce options are the powdered metal Brevis (10 oz and $1,900) and the YHM Phantom Ti DT (15oz).
Does anyone have quick load to let me know real fast what the muzzle pressure is at 12.5" on a 308 win? That would be how I would determine this.

I will figure it out in the next couple of days if nobody has quick load intel.

More to come,

Dave

Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #43
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Does anyone have quick load to let me know real fast what the muzzle pressure is at 12.5" on a 308 win? That would be how I would determine this.

I will figure it out in the next couple of days if nobody has quick load intel.

More to come,

Dave
17057psi.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #44
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4mk1t View Post
17057psi.
Thanks, I will do some math and get you an answer soon.

David

Old 06-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #45
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

I know I may be pushing things a tad too far but... is there a chance these cores could be user serviceable? I reeeeaaaally like my HTC and PC coated subs.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #46
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
I know I may be pushing things a tad too far but... is there a chance these cores could be user serviceable? I reeeeaaaally like my HTC and PC coated subs.

Last edited by owensww; 06-06-2016 at 03:39 PM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #47
naked.truth

naked.truth is on a distinguished road
Question

I am about to order a Chaotic through my dealer. I presume that the Ti model won't be on shelves for several months, so I should purchase now and get in the queue here for the upgrade. Should my dealer send it in for the upgrade prior to my taking possession?!? I have to wait on paperwork anyway...
naked.truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #48
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked.truth View Post
I am about to order a Chaotic through my dealer. I presume that the Ti model won't be on shelves for several months, so I should purchase now and get in the queue here for the upgrade. Should my dealer send it in for the upgrade prior to my taking possession?!? I have to wait on paperwork anyway...
This is a tough one... Honestly, the Ti models will not be out till at least September if I read the schedule right. You will love the stainless variant as well, if you can get some trigger time on it, it would be good to play on your new suppressor at least SOME before upgrading it to the titanium variant... If your dealer will let you have visitation, I highly recommend running it like that for at least a little while, but if you prefer to just go ahead and send it in for the upgrade then I can understand that too and we will be happy to perform the upgrade as you request. Thank you for asking, this is a good question.

To answer your other question, yes, your dealer can return the unit while the paperwork is in process and we can upgrade it while you wait on the form 4 to clear. That is perfectly legal and we would be happy to do it this way.

Dave

Old 06-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #49
naked.truth

naked.truth is on a distinguished road

Dave, wow, that was a quick response, especially for a question tossed out to the forum at large. Talk about pre-sales support! :applause:
naked.truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #50
ncorry

ncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the rough

Hey Dave- done the math on the 12.5" 308 rating??
Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #51
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
OK, here are some details. There will be a Chaotic Ti in the near future. It will be probably June before it is ready though as we have to work them in with the metric ton of other orders that came from SHOT show. You guys will get first dibs on upgrades as that will be offered also. That will happen around the first of April... We are working on pricing for the upgrade and as soon as I have that, I will let you know.

Dave

Old 06-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #52
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Your killing me....

They are in the que to be run sometime in late august or early September... depending on how we are on machine tools and manpower.

We have the blanks ready to cut baffles, we just need to get caught up on the back orders for everything else to run them, we are working on it, we are just blown away right now...

It is insane at how much things have grown since SHOT show... We are in a constant state of growth and attempting to figure out what to do next so we can be more productive and efficient. We just did a addition to the offices and added some warehouse as well to better organize our product flow, next on the list is to look at manufacturing and see what we can do to improve that part of the process...

Thanks for being so patient, they are coming...in two weeks.

Dave

Last edited by sub; 06-28-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #53
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
OK, here are some details. There will be a Chaotic Ti in the near future. It will be probably June before it is ready though as we have to work them in with the metric ton of other orders that came from SHOT show. You guys will get first dibs on upgrades as that will be offered also. That will happen around the first of April... We are working on pricing for the upgrade and as soon as I have that, I will let you know.

We never really thought that there was this much interest in a titanium cored Chaotic or we would have done it sooner. Thanks for being patient with us and reminding us of what you want!

Dave
First of April? Or April fools day?
hypervdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #54
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
First of April? Or April fools day?
Yeah, we missed that one, didn't we?

Dave

Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 AM   #55
strobro32

Thanks for the update Dave.

I understand that the newer user serviceable design will take more design time.

I'm excited about this upgrade. The weight is noticeable of the front of the rifle when carrying the rifle for a 1/2 day range visit. The weight reduction would be great.

On another note, I've been testing HTC and powder coated bullets. I've loaded and shoot 3K + rounds. I've saved enough money to pay for my 650XL. I've found that PC and HTC bullets do not leave lead in the barrel but they do leave lead on the muzzle when using the Chaotic. I'm worried about lead building up in the Chaotic. My can is now 2oz heaver than when new. A user serviceable feature would be much appreciated. If you don't want to make this feature a standard option, I would happily pay for it as an option.

Matt
Old 06-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #56
jaredr

jaredr is just really nicejaredr is just really nicejaredr is just really nicejaredr is just really nicejaredr is just really nicejaredr is just really nice

Quote:
Thanks for the update Dave.

I understand that the newer user serviceable design will take more design time.

I'm excited about this upgrade. The weight is noticeable of the front of the rifle when carrying the rifle for a 1/2 day range visit. The weight reduction would be great.

On another note, I've been testing HTC and powder coated bullets. I've loaded and shoot 3K + rounds. I've saved enough money to pay for my 650XL. I've found that PC and HTC bullets do not leave lead in the barrel but they do leave lead on the muzzle when using the Chaotic. I'm worried about lead building up in the Chaotic. My can is now 2oz heaver than when new. A user serviceable feature would be much appreciated. If you don't want to make this feature a standard option, I would happily pay for it as an option.

Matt
Strobro - can you clarify a bit when you say that PC/HTC bullets are leaving lead on the muzzle when you are using the chaotic? is the powder coating coming off in such a way that lead is being deposited on the crown of the barrel when the projectile exits? i've just started loading up powder coated .458 bullets for the .458 soccom (and was planning on moving to PC 9mm and 45 bullets for suppressed use) so keen to hear if powder coated projectiles are not as optimal for suppressed use as I had hoped.
jaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:02 PM   #57
strobro32

There is lead on the crown. I have not seen this with my cast and PC 9mm and 380 on my M11/Octane SMG, just on the 300BLK/Chaotic combo. I need to do more testing.

I shot about 100 rounds today of my cast and powder coated 230 grain 300BLK bullets but there was no lead on the crown. I will test a few hundred Leatherhead HTC rounds tomorrow.

I will post pics of the result soon.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:07 AM   #58
Yondering

Yondering has a spectacular aura aboutYondering has a spectacular aura aboutYondering has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
There is lead on the crown. I have not seen this with my cast and PC 9mm and 380 on my M11/Octane SMG, just on the 300BLK/Chaotic combo. I need to do more testing.

I shot about 100 rounds today of my cast and powder coated 230 grain 300BLK bullets but there was no lead on the crown. I will test a few hundred Leatherhead HTC rounds tomorrow.

I will post pics of the result soon.
strobro, can you give some more details on what you're shooting that 300 in (AR15?) and what loads?
What kind of powder are you using, and have you examined any recovered bullets?
Are you coating the bases or leaving them bare? What method are you using to coat them?

I ask because I've been able to completely eliminate leading and gas cutting with powder coating, but not just any powder is good enough. There are definitely differences, and the AR needs a little tougher coating because of the gas port. (Not necessarily thicker, but tough with good adhesion)

Post pics of the bases of some recovered bullets, if you can. We can get it straightened out for you.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #59
strobro32

I'll start a new thread once I have answers to those questions.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #60
strobro32

Here's the new thread.
http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread....589#post233589