NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 02-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Chaotic Core?

David,

Does Liberty have any plans to create a lighter Chaotic core from Ti, Al or thin steel? Serviceable? 5"?

We need to stick it to those Omega 9K buyers.

Last edited by strobro32; 02-10-2016 at 07:24 PM.
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
David,

Does Liberty have any plans to create a lighter Chaotic core from Ti, Al or thin steel? Serviceable? 5"?

We need to stick it to those Omega 9K buyers.
We had looked at the titanium core idea in he past. It would drive the price up about 250$ (give or take). The Chaotic made from an aluminum core would be easy enough, we just never thought that it would be that attractive to kill all the rifle calibers...except the subsonic variants of course.

Shorten it another inch as well!! Whew, this is starting to get tough... I still don't know what they were thinking when they made that new little 9mm can a welded unit. We have not really put much into it with the Chaotic platform, until you made this post and got me thinking on it...

What does your version weight? I forget what we got it down to with the light weight core.

Do you think people will buy the 9mm K can that is not user serviceable or will they buy the Octane 45K instead? To me it seems only logical to get the Octane 45K since it is user serviceable.

David

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Haywood Jablome
3-Legged Workhorse

Haywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Do you think people will buy the 9mm K can that is not user serviceable or will they buy the Octane 45K instead? To me it seems only logical to get the Octane 45K since it is user serviceable.

David
There is ZERO reason to buying a sealed 9mm can with the options available.

A line of shorty Saylors suppressors would be cool tho.

Still waiting on that mini-22 doohicky...
Haywood Jablome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Bendersquint
Stalking Rhino Industries

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

Quote:

David
IIRC the Omega9 is not serviceable, its welded.
Bendersquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #5
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood Jablome View Post
There is ZERO reason to buying a sealed 9mm can with the options available.

A line of shorty Saylors suppressors would be cool tho.
100% agree on both points
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #6
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

What does your version weight? I forget what we got it down to with the light weight core.
My Chaotic weighs 25oz.

I love the idea of a fat, short, 8 oz titanium serviceable core. Quote us a price for an upgrade Ti core.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #7
Phineaspoe2000

Phineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura aboutPhineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
My Chaotic weighs 25oz.

I love the idea of a fat, short, 8 oz titanium serviceable core. Quote us a price for an upgrade Ti core.
I have a chaotic. Depending on cost and weight savings I am definitely interested in this as well. That thing just looks sweet on my SBR
Phineaspoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the rough

I am also interested and own a Chaotic.

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -Cornelius Tacitus

I want somebody to do it for me. This ass isn't gonna fatten itself. -Twinsen

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Ben B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post
IIRC the Omega9 is not serviceable, its welded.
This comment is like two people arguing from the same sheet of notes... We are on the same page here. HAHA. I think you misunderstood what I was saying or something here. I was saying that the Octane 45 K is a smarter SICo choice since it is serviceable...

Dave

Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #10
sub
Liberty Suppressors

We will get a price on doing up a run of titanium chaotic cores and see what the cost would be.. More to come.

David

Old 02-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Ben B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the roughBen B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We will get a price on doing up a run of titanium chaotic cores and see what the cost would be.. More to come.

David
That's great! Thank you, David!

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.-Winston Churchill
Old 02-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #12
strobro32

Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #13
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Is it ready yet?

I hate waiting...

Old 02-13-2016, 01:19 AM   #14
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B. View Post
Is it ready yet?

I hate waiting...
I went to see the shop guys and looked at them like this...

Old 02-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #15
strobro32

I was googing the webnet last night and I saw the GMT-300BLK. It is serviceable and has an all Ti tube and core. They say it weighs 14 oz. Their core looks way thick. The front is goofy though.

The Chaotic is shorter and cooler looking. I would definitely be interested in upgrading mine to 1/2 the weight.

Serviceability is not that big a deal but if Liberty could do it, I wouldn't lead a gift horse to water without looking in its mouth.

Last edited by strobro32; 02-13-2016 at 06:41 AM.
strobro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #16
Phineaspoe2000

Phineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura aboutPhineaspoe2000 has a spectacular aura about

I agree. Serviceability not a huge deal to me either. Mostly interested in the weight savings. I love the Chaotic overall and it pretty much lives on my SBR but there are times when I have to swap it out with one of my lighter cans to save some weight.
Phineaspoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
2BNB Driver

2BNB Driver will become famous soon enough2BNB Driver will become famous soon enough

I have always liked "the look" and dimensions of the chaotic. Just wished it weighed in the teens, was user serviceable, had 1/2 28 threads and bored out for 9mm. The "one of" cans get pricey, so i never asked. A shorter, better looking version of the gemtech mk9k that nobody can get a hold of or easily dissasemble.
2BNB Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #18
strobro32

Werd.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #19
sub
Liberty Suppressors

OK, here are some details. There will be a Chaotic Ti in the near future. It will be probably June before it is ready though as we have to work them in with the metric ton of other orders that came from SHOT show. You guys will get first dibs on upgrades as that will be offered also. That will happen around the first of April... We are working on pricing for the upgrade and as soon as I have that, I will let you know.

We never really thought that there was this much interest in a titanium cored Chaotic or we would have done it sooner. Thanks for being patient with us and reminding us of what you want!

Dave

Old 02-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #20
Ben B.
Gun gamer

Thank you for listening to the fanboy-market and responding with good, interesting products.