NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 03-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #61
98_1LE

98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough

Took a couple years but I finally sent my TL in to be Regulated, this morning.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #62
wlc

wlc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Took a couple years but I finally sent my TL in to be Regulated, this morning.

I'm on the fence about sending my TL in to be "regulated". I'd definitely be interested in your experience when you get it back and have time to put some rounds through it. Probably be a while for me anyway as I plan on sending my Mystic back in pretty soon to get the Super X upgrade so funds will be tight for a while.
wlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #63
98_1LE

98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough98_1LE is a jewel in the rough

Honestly if the baffles hadn't been shot up, more than once, in my TL, I would upgrade my Mystic first. I didn't take a picture, but the baffles in my TL were in pretty bad shape. A young person was shooting my 15-22, I wasn't supervising well enough, and here we are.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #64
wlc

wlc is on a distinguished road

In the infamous words of Scooby Doo, "Rutt Roww". I've almost had strikes on mine. Get started shooting and forget to check tightness after a mag or two and have the sucker start backing off. Haven't had a strike in it yet, but can easily see it happening if attention is not paid. I've noticed though that after the first mag or two after it heats a bit that if I retighten it then I don't usually have to worry about it for the rest of the shooting session. I still check after every couple of mags, but so far so good.
wlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #65
ComputerShooter
Happy-Go-Lucky Grouch

ComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to allComputerShooter is a name known to all

I picked up my Regulator yesterday. Almost 8 months to the day.

One question.

If I clean the core in a tumbler with SS pins do I have to protect the Cerakote finish on the end cap in some way, or will it withstand tumbling?

Software Engineering, where Quality is job 1.1.1

ComputerShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #66
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to beholdno4mk1t is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerShooter View Post
I picked up my Regulator yesterday. Almost 8 months to the day.

One question.

If I clean the core in a tumbler with SS pins do I have to protect the Cerakote finish on the end cap in some way, or will it withstand tumbling?
I would cover it with duct tape.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 PM   #67
Stan1

Stan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4mk1t View Post
I would cover it with duct tape.
Definately. Cerakote doesn't like soda blasting media either, not that it should.

Blue painter's tape is your friend.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:50 PM   #68
98_1LE

Yeah cover it up, otherwise you will hurt the resale value.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #69
TOOL1075
Spoiled by Suppression

TOOL1075 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Yeah cover it up, otherwise you will hurt the resale value.
Any longer term use report you could share? I'm thinking of sending my TL in Monday for the Regulator upgrade.

Nothing concerns me except for my tube being machined. I trust them, because they are the manufacturer, but I still get nervous.

edit: I omitted another concern. It may be that the change in the design of the blast chamber will increase chamber pressure duration and therefore cyclic impulse (blowback). This concern may be unfounded, but I am voicing it anyway.

Last edited by TOOL1075; 09-22-2017 at 09:36 PM.
TOOL1075 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #70
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL1075 View Post
Any longer term use report you could share? I'm thinking of sending my TL in Monday for the Regulator upgrade.

Nothing concerns me except for my tube being machined. I trust them, because they are the manufacturer, but I still get nervous.

edit: I omitted another concern. It may be that the change in the design of the blast chamber will increase chamber pressure duration and therefore cyclic impulse (blowback). This concern may be unfounded, but I am voicing it anyway.
To be honest, if you like the TL setup that you have, save your money and just run the TL, it is an awesome can (and is the one on my personal Spikes AR15 in 22LR) and really your only benefits are reduced weight by a few ounces, the rear cap doesnt come off under handgaurds, and lack of FRP. other than that, you really won't notice a difference in them.

Shoot that KTL and have fun!!!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote