NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 03-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #21
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold

Calibers: 22LR, 22WMR, 17M2, 17HMR.
hypervdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #22
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

Will there be an upgrade path for a Kodiak TL to Regulator? The enclosed blast chamber / easier cleaning has me sold, and mo quiet is always mo bettah.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #23
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Will there be an upgrade path for a Kodiak TL to Regulator? The enclosed blast chamber / easier cleaning has me sold, and mo quiet is always mo bettah.
There already is a path for this, it is headed to the webstore like the Mystic refits. Also, like the mystic refit, it is a one way trip as the tube will be too short to fit the original Kodiak TL or Essence footprint when done.

Don't forget that the Essence is rated for 5.7x28mm and the Regulator is not. so if you plan to shoot that round through these little cans, don't change over to the regulator.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #24
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

Perfect. Thank you sir. I currently have 9,200 rounds through the TL, and kinda want to make 10k before sending it in.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #25
grundlepus

grundlepus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
There already is a path for this, it is headed to the webstore like the Mystic refits. Also, like the mystic refit, it is a one way trip as the tube will be too short to fit the original Kodiak TL or Essence footprint when done.

Don't forget that the Essence is rated for 5.7x28mm and the Regulator is not. so if you plan to shoot that round through these little cans, don't change over to the regulator.

Dave

Nice! The Mysitc X was announced a week after I bought my Mystic, and the Regulator was announced a month after I bought my Kodiak TL. It's nice to know I have the option to upgrade if/when I need to.
grundlepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #26
Stan1

Stan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to all

Looks like fun.

Considering F3 times, have any of these been spotted in the wild?
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #27
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

They should have been by now, we have shipped literally hundreds of them as of now. Somebody has a lot of them!!!

Dave

Old 06-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #28
Silent in Michigan

Silent in Michigan is on a distinguished road

The UPS truck is scheduled to deliver my Regulator to my SOT tomorrow. I bought it May 15th from Capitol Armory and it was on the UPS truck June 9th, that is smokin' fast for a Form 3 and a great experience from Capitol Armory.

The guy that does the videos from Capitol Armory said it's the quietest .22 can he's ever used. He said they used it on a CZ bolt .22 (video forthcoming) and it was 108 or 109db (translation: ridiculously quiet) and has superceded the Spectre II as his favorite .22 can. Also, they did meter FRP at 3db as Dave indicated, compared to 10db for the Sparrow!

I have a .30 cal can that is 99 days into a Form 4 wait (trust) but I have to be honest, I'm actually more excited to try out the Regulator with my M&P 22compact!

Once the vids start hitting the net I predict these things will be flying off the shelf and am glad I ordered when I did.
Silent in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
CarnageZ28

CarnageZ28 will become famous soon enoughCarnageZ28 will become famous soon enough

A good NFA Talker would go visit his dealer and take a few smart phone vid's of her on common hosts (22/45, 10/22, bolt gun, etc. Whatever you may have.)

Count your blessings and know you have waited significantly less than most of us have already. And some of us, well, our dealers are stuck in the 1930's and have no range time, conjugal visits, etc.

Strictly business. Order. Pay. Get called in for F3 arrival. Fill out F4. Leave. Wait more and more and more. Get called out to pick up. They forget your name, who you are, or what you ordered. But leave a Voice Mail that there is a Form 4 for you ... Cant even look to see what make/model/etc the form is for.
CarnageZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #30
Silent in Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnageZ28 View Post
A good NFA Talker would go visit his dealer and take a few smart phone vid's of her on common hosts (22/45, 10/22, bolt gun, etc. Whatever you may have.)

Count your blessings and know you have waited significantly less than most of us have already. And some of us, well, our dealers are stuck in the 1930's and have no range time, conjugal visits, etc.

Strictly business. Order. Pay. Get called in for F3 arrival. Fill out F4. Leave. Wait more and more and more. Get called out to pick up. They forget your name, who you are, or what you ordered. But leave a Voice Mail that there is a Form 4 for you ... Cant even look to see what make/model/etc the form is for.
As soon as my SOT is back from vacation I may arrange that. He delayed leaving until UPS showed up to get my can. He's a transferring dealer only and doesn't stock any cans and he only charges $50 for those transfers. He also filled out my Form 4's and was going to mail them once he got to a mailbox on his vacation journey, he takes care of his customers (inc many people I know).

Anyways, I know about Form 3 waits, my Recce 7 took over 3 months and I was expecting around 3 months again for my Regulator. My host is a M&P 22compact and while I can't wait to shoot the hottest .22 can going (he has a gun club nearby to go to), I really want to give it the silicone treatment first and that won't be possible until I get it home. Pictures for sure then perhaps just have to pew pew pretend.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #31
ar.223

ar.223 is on a distinguished road

very attempting to send in my newly acquired Essence for a refit. I love the idea of a SS core b/c I have a ultra sonic cleaner I can throw it in. I just don't know about having over 1K in a .22 can . but it may be worth it down the road. too bad we couldn't get "credit" for our low mileage titanium cores . I didn't know much about cans when I purchased this one. after doing the deal then I saw the Regulator and wish I would have waited.
ar.223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #32
Stan1

Stan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to allStan1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.223 View Post
very attempting to send in my newly acquired Essence for a refit... I didn't know much about cans when I purchased this one. after doing the deal then I saw the Regulator and wish I would have waited.
Why not just get a Regulator outright? Everyone needs a couple of nice .22 cans.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #33
ar.223

ar.223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
Why not just get a Regulator outright? Everyone needs a couple of nice .22 cans.
very true. but I have 2 more pending now. a new company local to me(ptp tactical) and a tac65. also a mysticx that'll do .22 too is pending also.

my dealer had a regulator come in when I was picking up my suppressors last weekend. but it was spoken for. sad thing is, he was talking about he ordered that one for a guy shortly after when I purchased my essence. in other words. that form 3 took as long as my form 4 did.

Last edited by ar.223; 06-24-2015 at 10:49 AM.
ar.223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:43 AM   #34
98_1LE

I'd shoot the Essence.

I might send my TL in for the upgrade, but it has >10k rounds now, has had a couple baffle strikes, one that was repaired by cutting out the damage.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #35
Silent in Michigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent in Michigan View Post
As soon as my SOT is back from vacation I may arrange that. He delayed leaving until UPS showed up to get my can. He's a transferring dealer only and doesn't stock any cans and he only charges $50 for those transfers. He also filled out my Form 4's and was going to mail them once he got to a mailbox on his vacation journey, he takes care of his customers (inc many people I know).

Anyways, I know about Form 3 waits, my Recce 7 took over 3 months and I was expecting around 3 months again for my Regulator. My host is a M&P 22compact and while I can't wait to shoot the hottest .22 can going (he has a gun club nearby to go to), I really want to give it the silicone treatment first and that won't be possible until I get it home. Pictures for sure then perhaps just have to pew pew pretend.
Last night was a great night, I picked up my first ever suppressor from my SOT (Griffin Armament Recce 7 Mod 2), since this is a Liberty subforum that's not the reason for the post. We went to the gun club and we were the only ones there to shoot my new Regulator.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the host was a M&P 22compact and the ammo used was CCI standard velocity. Now, I know most would like to see photos or a vid which is why I took my iPad. There was one small problem, while he was kind enough to hold the iPad while I shot, it was moved from video to time lapse which has resulted in useless clips as there will never be any sound and I haven't found how to grab still images, but I digress.

I can only compare how it performed to a co-worker's Spectre II I tried using the same ammo and how did it compare, DAMN GOOD. It's been a bit since I shot the Spectre II but I'd have to say the Regulator was quieter, literally click-thud when the bullet hit the dirt. Where the Regulator also shined was how light it felt on the end of the gun, it was awesome.

Obviously I didn't have a calibrated meter but neither one of us detected a FRP at all even though Liberty claims its 3dB. The SOT owns a Sparrow and said it has a very noticeable FRP. He was extremely impressed with the Regulator's performance being a monocore can.

When I started my research for a .22 can I never thought I'd end up with a monocore due to FRP, but I can tell you I'm ecstatic with the purchase and looking forward to bringing it home.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #36
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent in Michigan View Post
Last night was a great night, I picked up my first ever suppressor from my SOT (Griffin Armament Recce 7 Mod 2), since this is a Liberty subforum that's not the reason for the post. We went to the gun club and we were the only ones there to shoot my new Regulator.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the host was a M&P 22compact and the ammo used was CCI standard velocity. Now, I know most would like to see photos or a vid which is why I took my iPad. There was one small problem, while he was kind enough to hold the iPad while I shot, it was moved from video to time lapse which has resulted in useless clips as there will never be any sound and I haven't found how to grab still images, but I digress.

I can only compare how it performed to a co-worker's Spectre II I tried using the same ammo and how did it compare, DAMN GOOD. It's been a bit since I shot the Spectre II but I'd have to say the Regulator was quieter, literally click-thud when the bullet hit the dirt. Where the Regulator also shined was how light it felt on the end of the gun, it was awesome.

Obviously I didn't have a calibrated meter but neither one of us detected a FRP at all even though Liberty claims its 3dB. The SOT owns a Sparrow and said it has a very noticeable FRP. He was extremely impressed with the Regulator's performance being a monocore can.

When I started my research for a .22 can I never thought I'd end up with a monocore due to FRP, but I can tell you I'm ecstatic with the purchase and looking forward to bringing it home.
This made my day...

Dave

Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 PM   #37
Silent in Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
This made my day...

Dave

No Dave, you made mine and everyone else's day that will own the Regulator.

Since I have a .30 cal can, a Regulator waiting on a stamp, I only need one more thing on the first round of purchases: a .45 Regulator X, whaddaya say Dave?
Old 07-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #38
Billy2112
Crusty

Billy2112 is on a distinguished road

Here are some pics of my Kodiak to Regulator upgrade.
Love it.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #39
Silent in Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2112 View Post
Here are some pics of my Kodiak to Regulator upgrade.
Love it.

Has your experience paralleled mine with regards to FRP (or basically lack of it) as well as overall performance?
Old 07-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #40
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't believe I forgot to fondle one at the metering.