NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Yankee Hill Machine (YHM)

Old 08-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #21
knightslugger
HEY! Laser lips!

knightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to allknightslugger is a name known to all

Do you ever plan to release a lightweight 338 can that is direct thread or with some sort of taperlock attachment?
knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #22
Yankee Hill Machine

Yankee Hill Machine is on a distinguished road

We offer Direct Thread on most models but not currently for our .338 Phantom. The Taper Lock system seems to be specific to SIG, while direct treat is becoming more obsolete by the day. YHM stands behind our own Quick Detach System that continues to prove superior to many of the methods on the market. The attachment system of a particular suppressor is as important to some people as it's sound reduction capabilities.

...and as for your request for a lighter .338 can in general, YHM engineers are constantly working hard to mitigate both noise, and weight! While maintaining our price point to allow access to the every day person!
Yankee Hill Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:52 AM   #23
torrent7

torrent7 is on a distinguished road

I picked up a .30 ULT can awhile back and I love it. The QD attach system is absolutely fantastic. Any plans for a lighter weight 5.56 can by any chance? Saving 1 oz over the .30 ULT doesn't quite warrant being limited to .223; though I am considering it.
torrent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #24
Yankee Hill Machine

Yankee Hill Machine is on a distinguished road

Hey torrent7!
YHM engineers are always tirelessly working tweaking, and reinventing methods to make our suppressors lighter and quieter. A good example is how the Sidewinder evolved from the Cobra, and how the Stinger evolved from the Mite.
Competition is fierce in the Suppressor world, and I can assure you any suppressor company that isn't putting forth time and resources into suppressor innovation will be left in the dust.
I guess this is just a friendly way of letting you all know, that we aren't allowed to discuss any project in that is currently in the research and development phase... but worry not, YHM will always be reinventing itself to bring you all the best Cans for your money, especially now with so many new suppressed shooters coming on to the scene.

-Dave
YHM
Yankee Hill Machine is offline   Reply With Quote