NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice
Default Get a Mystic!!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
m111

m111 is on a distinguished road

Nice video. It really highlights the versatility of the mystic.
m111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
JohnInNH
Original Member

JohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura about

Nice Just need to add a T/C single shot ... If I can get a clip I will get it to you. Excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0dea...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAff...layer_embedded
JohnInNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
wlc

wlc is on a distinguished road

Good video Dave!! The Mystic is next on my list just as soon as the paperwork for the TL comes back and I save up a few more pennies.
wlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
Cheetah

Cheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to all

Alright, I'm on the market for a can for my AR15 9mm...I had decided on what to buy, but my money had to go elsewhere. Couple of questions to see if this might be the winner when I gather the money. These are considerably more than the other can I was looking at, but shortly after I decided on the other one, I had a sudden .357 Mag boner appear and was kind of sad that the other can wouldn't support that option.

Your website lists 1.375" as the OD. Is that a solid number? I know some manufacturers have slight variance across production runs, or minor changes in design without "official" changes in a generation of the can or what have you..I just want to be sure it'll fit under my handguards on my AR.

Any difference in length between boosted and fixed barrel mounts?

Lastly, are the recoil booster mounts available in M13.5x1LH?
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
JohnInNH
Original Member

JohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura aboutJohnInNH has a spectacular aura about

It would be fun to make a video for the Mystic. Zoom in on a 250 gr. 357 MAX round. '600 ft lbs of bone crushing energy'. Then pan to the contender with mystic attached .. then a few clips of propane tanks getting flipped over.. ammo cans getting blasted apart with water spraying.. heavy targets being knocked over... 'Why settle for less'? 'When you want the job done, bigger is better' pan to a pile of loaded 250 gr. 357 MAX ammo.

I could have a blast doing this. Even the sound of these heavy bullets slapping a steel target speaks volumes.

Now for a 45 Cal mystic like, 500 gr. bullet friendly, 45-70 can.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post

Your website lists 1.375" as the OD. Is that a solid number? I know some manufacturers have slight variance across production runs, or minor changes in design without "official" changes in a generation of the can or what have you..I just want to be sure it'll fit under my handguards on my AR.
i would imagine it is the same as the Infiniti. If it is, it is not 1.375 max OD.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showpost.ph...34&postcount=7
srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Alright, I'm on the market for a can for my AR15 9mm...I had decided on what to buy, but my money had to go elsewhere. Couple of questions to see if this might be the winner when I gather the money. These are considerably more than the other can I was looking at, but shortly after I decided on the other one, I had a sudden .357 Mag boner appear and was kind of sad that the other can wouldn't support that option.

Any difference in length between boosted and fixed barrel mounts?

Lastly, are the recoil booster mounts available in M13.5x1LH?
I will be back for this post with the answers you are wanting either later today or tomorrow. Rest assured though, I will be back with answers.

One, I do know is the FBA and the Boosters do create different combined over all lengths when installed on the cans. I will get you the lengths too.

Threads in metric are available as standard for the HK and SIG guns. Your 13.5 x 1mm LH is a standard for us. We have those pistons in stock, something like 85 of them right now?? I think.

More to come. Your question (about diameter) has come up before and I would like to get this answer out there for people so they will have the information they need when contemplating their build. Thank you for asking.

David

Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
JohnInNH
Original Member

Length of Mystic with booster (to end of Piston)= 9.34" (Liberty booster)
Length with Fixed barrel adapter = 9.75"
OD of the tube = 1.38" but.. WARNING!

The ring that you have to put on to hold the core in measures: 1.465"

So you would have to have about 1.47" diameter in your AR hand guard.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
sub
Liberty Suppressors

John beat me to it...

Thanks for listing the info. We are working on an alternative to the current lock ring, we have not found what we need yet though.

David

Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
Cheetah

Cheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to allCheetah is a name known to all

Sounds like I might have to put some more consideration into where I'm going to head with this one. I did notice that you don't have 357 Mag listed on your site as a compatible caliber, which you've said plenty of times it is. Not sure if that was intentional, or something that was overlooked.
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Sounds like I might have to put some more consideration into where I'm going to head with this one. I did notice that you don't have 357 Mag listed on your site as a compatible caliber, which you've said plenty of times it is. Not sure if that was intentional, or something that was overlooked.
It is an oversight. We try to update the list but we have missed a few along the way.

357 is good to go.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
phoenix
Official NFATalk Mascot™

phoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to allphoenix is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
It is an oversight. We try to update the list but we have missed a few along the way.

357 is good to go.
this may be a stupid question, but how short of a barrel is it G2G on?
what about its sister can? (the lighter weight one that the name escapes me at the moment...infinity?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervdh View Post
Rule #4: some things are worth fighting for.

Rule #5: everything worth fighting for cannot be bought with money.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
JohnInNH
Original Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
John beat me to it...

Thanks for listing the info. We are working on an alternative to the current lock ring, we have not found what we need yet though.

David
Dave I was looking at this just before my baffle strike.. I was looking at the mounts and decided to pop a magazine off of Winchester Super Unleaded since I had my stuff out.. OOPS a little rattle rattle OOPS..

Anyway The Fixed barrel adapter could be changed.. You would have to make the lip farther back .. Then machine a relief in the ID to go over the core threads and have the fixed barrel adapter contact the tube holding it together.

No reason to change the locking ring for the booster.. Still use the ring with that, just would not need it with the fixed barrel adapter.

Unfortunately, the fixed adapter appears to not have enough material there now to accommodate the cut you need to make as it is designed now. But this would work if you changed the adapter. For the AR and their hand guard it really all you need to do.

When using a booster the ring is not a problem IMHO

Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

We will see what we can come up with here. I already have an idea to solve this

Edit to add, my idea is based on yours... just didnt want to let on like I came up with your idea!!!

Last edited by sub; 10-26-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
strobro32

strobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of lightstrobro32 is a glorious beacon of light

David, have you tried a Mystic on an OEM M11/9? How's the gas blowback?

I have a 1/2 x 28 M11/9 upper. I really would like to know so next time I'm in Ellijay, maybe we could schedule a test?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
srt-4_uk

srt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to allsrt-4_uk is a name known to all

Here is what a Infiniti or Mystic would look like in a Troy TRX Extreme rail after being opened up a little to fit. I really like how close the suppressor OD is to the handguard OD but the handguard isnt straight. It bows slightly and you cant really see it with a normal barrel on there.

srt-4_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobro32 View Post
David, have you tried a Mystic on an OEM M11/9? How's the gas blowback?

I have a 1/2 x 28 M11/9 upper. I really would like to know so next time I'm in Ellijay, maybe we could schedule a test?
I have only seen it fired on the Lage kits. I dont know how well it would work on the factory upper. I guess we will have to see

Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
Corey@ThompsonMachine
Tactical Platypus

Corey@ThompsonMachine will become famous soon enoughCorey@ThompsonMachine will become famous soon enough

Great video!!

I loved the part with Teresa at the end, lol.
[email address]
Corey@ThompsonMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
Haywood Jablome
3-Legged Workhorse

Haywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to allHaywood Jablome is a name known to all

How short of a barrel can I mount a Mystic firing supersonic 300 Blk?
Haywood Jablome is offline   Reply With Quote