NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Stalking Rhino Industries

Old 07-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
brickwurx

brickwurx is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to contact Matt & Stalking Rhino

I spoke with Matt back in late August of last year about a custom adapter for a threaded can to fit a Griffin taper mount. Sent Matt the can and paid for work September 6th for the adapter and mount. Matt gave me a quote of 14 weeks give or take. It’s been over 44 weeks with no adapter. He did responded a few times up until early April, then nothing.

He sent me back my can after I requested he do so during the same time in April, said the part was finished, and told me he shipped the part off for a coating a month prior. Now I can't get him to respond at all, nothing. At this point I just want a refund, or conformation the part has shipped, If the part was ever fabricated to begin with.

Its been close to 11 months and I am out over $200 bucks. If anyone can get me any contact info other than a Stalking Rhino Email or business phone, or get in touch with Matt and let him know I would like to speak with him, please email or IM me.

I hate to be "That Guy", asking for assistance, but it shouldn't have come to this, and it is an extremely poor way to manage a business.

Thanks for any help.
John
brickwurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Send a PM to sinsir here on the board, he may notice it, assuming he's still working with SR.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

I know them feels. He finally came through for me. The workmanship is great. If he would have told it would take N months, I'd just wait.

In your case, I'd just wait. You will own the can for life. It will eventually show up.
98_1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
brickwurx

doubloon, Thank you, I took your suggested an IM'd Sinsir.

98_1LE- I have only spoken with Matt once, he seemed like a very nice guy. Possibly just very busy. Honestly, if he told me it may take longer than a returned ATF approved form1, I may have still rolled with it. After all, I had a tough time finding anyone local willing to make the adapter back then. And contacting Stalking Rhino was a long shot to begin with.

He isn't actually working on the can at all (an old AAC Ranger 2 direct thread), but he requested I send him the can to insure alignment of the adapter. The project was for a 1/2x28 male to Griffin taper mount adapter. I needed it for an SBR truck gun, wouldn't fit in the lock box with the can threaded on, and I didnt want exposed barrel threads getting banged up. Not a perfect fix, but an adapter would allow for the use of the griffin brake, and a can that is a bit more QD. I do not want to leave a nicer can in the truck box, so it was worth the adapter cost for the AAC, I don't use it for anything other than that specific rifle.

Hopefully, its just a serious lack of communication and all will end well.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #5
sinsir
Stalking Rhino Industries

sinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to all

Brickwurks - pm sent

Cheerfully offensive and happily misunderstood since 1972
sinsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
brickwurx

Replied, thank you for offering to look into it for me. Fingers crossed on this one.