NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Stalking Rhino Industries

Old 06-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #61
O2HeN2

O2HeN2 has a spectacular aura aboutO2HeN2 has a spectacular aura aboutO2HeN2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
I'm on the Western Slope of Colorado. Just south of Montrose. What do you need to host and event? Have you found a host for August?
See if Paul Miller at the San Juan Range would be interested in hosting it:

http://www.sanjuanrange.com/

O2
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
O2HeN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #62
Neutron

Neutron is on a distinguished road

Another update. Just got a text from Sinsir. My junk is fixed and should ship very soon. I even got a few videos of them testing the can out with various loads. Looking forward to getting it back.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #63
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, hope things work out for you.
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #64
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

Sweet! I hope you'll share the vids of your junk shooting nice loads. We all love pics of a nice can too.

Spoiler
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #65
98_1LE

98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice98_1LE is just really nice

Quote:
Another update. Just got a text from Sinsir. My junk is fixed and should ship very soon. I even got a few videos of them testing the can out with various loads. Looking forward to getting it back.
Nice. They do good work. Nearly every time I go to the river, I use mounts for my Mystic made by SRI.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #66
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibal View Post
Sweet! I hope you'll share the vids of your junk shooting nice loads. We all love pics of a nice can too.

Spoiler
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help myself.
You are sick. Also, you beat me to it. Can’t rep unfortunately.
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #67
sinsir
Stalking Rhino Industries

sinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to all

Quote:
My only hope now is that nothing screws up during shipping.

we have done what we can to unfuck this situation to the best of our ability and hope that you will consider the positive outcomes at the end of the day. I believe that you will be happy with your product when it arrives, and I look forward to your review post when you have a chance to play with it some.

Cheerfully offensive and happily misunderstood since 1972
sinsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #68
Neutron

Good news! My stuff arrived today. It all looks good. Matt and Sean took care of everything as Sean said they would. While it was there not only did they replace my stack I modified with a piece of lead, they upgraded the baffles too. It now contains super double secret better than yours sound canceling technology. And to top it all off, they covered the damage on their dime. I am quiet pleased. I will post pictures and even a video if I can figure out how. I can't post pictures of the baffles, but I can show off the can and host. Thanks again to Sean and Matt for getting this done promptly.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #69
mbogo

mbogo is on a distinguished road

That's good.

Have you tested it?

To post photos or videos, you have to upload them to a hosting site, then hot-link to them in your post.

mbogo
Old 07-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #70
Neutron

DSC00412 by josh m, on Flickr

DSC00413 by josh m, on Flickr
Old 07-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #71
Neutron

Figured out how to do pics!
The can is a lot lighter than it looks. It balances really well on the host too. I don't have a weight yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I would say this one is quieter than a 5.56 suppressed.
If I get froggy, I'll try to figure out how to load the videos Sinsir sent me.

Last edited by Neutron; 07-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #72
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Suppressed lever guns are so much fun.
Glad you finally get to play with yours.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #73
Plunky
Forum Flunky, Admin

Plunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to beholdPlunky is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad things worked out for you! Looks like a very nice setup!
Plunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #74
sinsir

sinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to all

Quote:
Good news! My stuff arrived today. It all looks good. Matt and Sean took care of everything as Sean said they would. While it was there not only did they replace my stack I modified with a piece of lead, they upgraded the baffles too. It now contains super double secret better than yours sound canceling technology. And to top it all off, they covered the damage on their dime. I am quiet pleased. I will post pictures and even a video if I can figure out how. I can't post pictures of the baffles, but I can show off the can and host. Thanks again to Sean and Matt for getting this done promptly.
Thanks man, although we're only human and are subject to fucking up just the same, we honestly do try to do the right thing...

Please shoot it some and post a review, I look forward to hearing your feedback

Old 07-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #75
Neutron

I only have about 35 rounds thru this so far. I have run my Hornady hunting load, some 405g cast at about 1600fps and some 405g cast at about 1300fps. No subs yet. This thing is quiet. I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I would say it is quieter than a YHM 5.56 can. It could be a little louder than a .45 can. Hard to tell, and sound is so objective without a meter. If I can find the RedJacket iPhone metering app, I'll give that a try. It should meter at like 50db's with that. I can't wait to try some subs. I have a feeling it will be comparable to a .45 acp. I am very pleased with the performance.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #76
mbogo

Is the can user-serviceable? If not, how are you going to clean the lead out of it?

mbogo
Old 07-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #77
sinsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbogo View Post
Is the can user-serviceable? If not, how are you going to clean the lead out of it?

mbogo
Yes it is user serviceable

Old 07-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #78
mbogo

Excellent.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #79
sinsir

Awaiting a better range report

Old 08-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #80
Neutron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsir View Post
Awaiting a better range report
I'll update when I get some more time/ammo. I am really happy with it tho. I had a buddy shoot it the other day. He agreed that it did little in changing the balance of the host.As soon as I get permission I'll post up specs on it. What I have at least.