NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Griffin Armament

Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #21
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

Are the Griffin guys still planning to offer the housing upgrade for the older model Griffin Revolution silencers?

Does anyone know what the pressure tolerances are for the Griffin 45? Griffin wrote me a while back that they thought it would be safe with full power 44 magnum and 357 magnum out of a 16" carbine. I am wondering what other low powder supersonic rifle rounds would work out of that barrel length? 22 hornet, .222 Rem, .25-20wcf, 30 carbine, 32-20 wcf, 300 BLK super?

44 mag has a case capacity of 39 gr., 36k psi
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #22
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura aboutowensww has a spectacular aura about

I note that the optimus is compatible with the 3 lug mounts that work on the rev 45. I also note that there is an A2 blast shield mount for the optimus and taper mount minimalist blast shield for the optimus available for purchase from griffin.

Since these mounts all work with the optimus, would it stand to reason that I could interface one of the optimus mounts with the Rev 45 and thereby be able to use a taper mount or A2 mount for a subsonic 300 blk rifle?

Would the additional blast baffles or possible increased length make supersonic or 223 possible in the gen 1 Rev 45?
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #23
2BNB Driver

2BNB Driver will become famous soon enough2BNB Driver will become famous soon enough

The revolution tube is 6061 while the resistance is 7075. 7075 has greater yield strength than 316 stainless. Both are 17.4 stainless baffles. I have two rev 9's. If the resistance was available back in the day, thats what i would have bought. In the mean time i run 17 rounds as fast i can to get the retainer off and am satisfied with performance. Personally i would like to see an alpha 9k about the same size as the spartan three(got that can). Bored for a 9mm with 7.62 endcaps available. Something that trumps omega 9k in more ways than one, Like serviceability. Do i expect them to build it anytime soon. NO, they are busy, funny how griffan struggles to keep up with demand while silco has a major lay off.

Then again sico, tracking point, aac and remington all have the same common denominator

EDITED to correct myself. According to Griffans website the second generation revos are 7075. I have first generation, my bad

Last edited by 2BNB Driver; 05-14-2017 at 06:38 PM.
2BNB Driver is offline   Reply With Quote