NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 09-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
sredrum

sredrum is on a distinguished road
Default Liberty Leonidas TI

Wanted to show off a few pictures of my Leonidas and give thanks to Liberty for getting the work done for me. I still need to shoot it and report back on the group size.

Long story short my Leo had the Seekins upper and handguard. There quality parts but found a different handguard I wanted to use. And had to use a different upper receiver due to the barrel nut.

Also decided to go with a new barrel,brake and TI monolithic core. And not have it pinned and welded so any further upgrades will be easier and cheaper. Back in July I used Silencershops F1 service for my lower that I use on this Leo. And till that's approved I'll use one of my other sbr lowers.

The ID on the handguard is 1.75 so it's a tight fit. And wanted to attach a lower rail so I could use a bipod. Ended up cutting the M Lok T nuts down some. And added brass shims I made between the T nut and rail. That way I could really tighten it down and it would limit how much force was on the T nut. Have it set for negative .003/.004 inch clearance and the nuts are hardened so they flex some but keep the tension applied.

Anyhow I'm real happy with it. The handguard fits great in the hand,and the balance feels real good too. Thanks to Liberty for getting this done for me. I do have one question though.

Do you think it's smart to apply a small amount of rocksett to the threads of the brake to barrel and brake to suppressor TI core? Or do the unpinned version don't need any? I know to check the front nut that holds the tube on. But just thinking about the other parts that could back off under the tube.
https://i.imgur.com/85q18Bs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KnAjjT5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mUml6ZQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f1sopKn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3fAICJQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ysqu8Hr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5nvbd0W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/U0EVcnw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iBmnhth.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/A4vSzjC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VAQ0kNJ.jpg
sredrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
sredrum

I'm not sure you guys can view the pictures. It's the first time I have tried to post pictures since shitbucket quit hosting. Lmk if you can't see them and I'll try something different. Thanks
Old 09-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Look at post 16729 for posting pics.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5605&page=837
Old 09-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
sredrum

Ok thanks for the help. I'm using a iPhone and don't see an option to make a album or different types of links. Will try again later.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

I can see the pix when I click the links, that's a pretty slick looking rifle. Liberty sure does nice work.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:32 AM   #6
sredrum

That's good you can see the pictures when clicking the links. Was hoping that they would be posted up but it's a start. Will look into it more and see what I can do.

With Liberty opening up thier shop for custom work I feel made this project easier to get done. Either way I'm sure they would have done it because it's a Leo that's unpinned with a different handguard and receiver. Really nothing difficult for them.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #7
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredrum View Post
Some links to photos

Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

Old 10-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
sredrum

Thanks Nathaniel Crunkleton for posting up the pictures! Will try to learn more by reading the Imgur post that was tagged above.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #10
DoctorSolo
Mr. Antisocial

DoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really nice

DoctorSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #11
Fishman

Fishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura about

I've always thought that reticle was awesome. I'm jealous for sure
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #12
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Thanks for posting images of the completed build. We rarely get to see the finished product so the guys in the shop will love seeing these.

You don't have to loc-tite the internals, just screw them together hand tight and then the tube retaining nut will place all of it in tension to keep it located. If you use any at all, just a drop of blue will be fine.

Thanks!!!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 AM   #13
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Thanks for posting images of the completed build. We rarely get to see the finished product so the guys in the shop will love seeing these.

You don't have to loc-tite the internals, just screw them together hand tight and then the tube retaining nut will place all of it in tension to keep it located. If you use any at all, just a drop of blue will be fine.

Thanks!!!

Dave
Dave-

I only see an option for the Leonidas in Blackout, do you have a 5.56 option as well? I'm trying to talk myself into an integrally suppressed upper.
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
sredrum

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Dave
Thanks for getting this done for me. Love how it turned out. And will do on hand tightening. I have the brake to barrel nice and tight using a reaction rod and tool made to fit in the slot. But the suppressor core is hand tight and will leave it be.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
Dave-

I only see an option for the Leonidas in Blackout, do you have a 5.56 option as well? I'm trying to talk myself into an integrally suppressed upper.
How did you know what I had in solid works?... It is in process right now, but currently it is a SBR build, would you want it to be non-sbr as in a pinned and welded upper at 16.1"?

Dave

Old 10-03-2017, 08:51 AM   #16
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
How did you know what I had in solid works?... It is in process right now, but currently it is a SBR build, would you want it to be non-sbr as in a pinned and welded upper at 16.1"?

Dave
I'm right behind you...

I would be interested in a non-SBR upper, to me that is most of the appeal for that type of design. I'd be interested in hearing what you are working on; the only big-name upper out there that I've seen is the Integra and I'm hesitant to work with a smaller shop for lack of support.
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
I'm right behind you...

I would be interested in a non-SBR upper, to me that is most of the appeal for that type of design. I'd be interested in hearing what you are working on; the only big-name upper out there that I've seen is the Integra and I'm hesitant to work with a smaller shop for lack of support.
That is understandable. We are not finished with ours yet, still testing different designs, but it is coming along well.

I will post an update once we get a baffle stack that we like.

Dave