NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Dealers & Services > Silencer Shop

Old 08-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about
Default Silencer Shop How to Buy a Silencer

Silencer Shop is committed to making the silencer buying process as simple as possible, regardless of the restrictions imposed by the government. We break it down into 6 easy steps to help you get your new silencer.

Click each step to learn more about how Silencer Shop makes "Silencer Ownership Simplified"!

Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to allFulliautomatix is a name known to all

Pretty cool. So you SID kiosks are actually scanning fingerprints and sending them to a local printer, or directly to the BATFE?
Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

The finger prints are sent to us and we print them on an FBI approved printer. Then we send them to the ATF.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
512-931-4556
Old 08-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

Is the FBI actually going to look at them, or just pile them in the corner?
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Good question. I don't have the answer.
512-931-4556
Old 08-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

The director might recommend against processing fingerprints.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of light

why do you guys make it so easy to buy cans?
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #8
wtrski76

wtrski76 is on a distinguished road

Have you guys thought about a fee-based system to use your kiosk system to collect fingerprint and mugshot data for other NFA transfers that are not going through SS?
wtrski76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #9
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Yes so form 1's will be first. Then we will expand. Currently the dealer can use the kiosk for any NFA that they sell.
512-931-4556
Old 11-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #10
TexPat

TexPat is on a distinguished road

I used the kiosk for the fingerprints & the app to upload a photo. At each step, I got something that suggested everything went ok. But, I was expecting an email (or something on the website) that confirmed the verything was completed. How long does that normally take?

Suggestion: when you upgrade the App, it might be better if we could upload photos from the camera roll rather than take a photo in the App. My wife didn't like taking the photo with a "new" app.

Last edited by TexPat; 11-29-2016 at 07:22 PM.
TexPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #11
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Did you order a silencer or just use the kiosk?
512-931-4556
Old 11-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
TexPat

TexPat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
Did you order a silencer or just use the kiosk?
I ordered the silencer. Then I used the App to upload a photo and the kiosk at my LGS to do the fingerprinting and to complete the paperwork. I finished everything on Saturday.
TexPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:12 PM   #13
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

If you can give me an order number I can check on it. But you should have received and email on Monday would be my guess.
512-931-4556
Old 11-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #14
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexPat View Post
I used the kiosk for the fingerprints & the app to upload a photo. At each step, I got something that suggested everything went ok. But, I was expecting an email (or something on the website) that confirmed the verything was completed. How long does that normally take?
For me, it took four months to get that email. I'd recommend not using the silencershop kiosk.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #15
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For me, it took four months to get that email.
But, you're, uh, you. No spontaneous combustion could be called a win.

[Someone was going to do it.]
Stan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #16
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Admittedly, letting a customer fall through the cracks for four months and adding that time to their NFA wait does sound like par for the industry. Usually, paperwork isn't what's done terribly. The real sins are usually committed between engineering and manufacturing. I should have expected it to leech out into other areas of business.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to allareekalaan is a name known to all

So can I use an out of state kiosk? If I live in PA but fly to Texas and happen to be close to a kiosk can I do everything from there and pick up from my PA dealer?
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #18
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
So can I use an out of state kiosk? If I live in PA but fly to Texas and happen to be close to a kiosk can I do everything from there and pick up from my PA dealer?
Yes you can. You can use any kiosk.
512-931-4556
Old 12-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #19
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Quote:
Admittedly, letting a customer fall through the cracks for four months and adding that time to their NFA wait does sound like par for the industry. Usually, paperwork isn't what's done terribly. The real sins are usually committed between engineering and manufacturing. I should have expected it to leech out into other areas of business.
Not sure what the issue is are way but anytime anyone has an issue or question reach out to me.
512-931-4556
Old 12-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #20
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

I would have if I had known there was a problem. I used a kiosk very shortly after 41F/P in July for two Form 4s. In November, the processing continued. I am assuming that you've now submitted the forms.