NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Dead Air Silencers

Old 05-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
rimshaker

rimshaker is on a distinguished road
Default Sandman caliber support

With a full stellite baffle stack, why is the Sandman rated to "only" 300WM?

The Saker/Specwar are similar cans in that they also have full stellite stacks, yet they are rated up to 300RUM.

Are there other durability/material differences, or is saying "up to 300WM" just the common industry standard for specs?
rimshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
laxguy59

laxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nicelaxguy59 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshaker View Post

The Saker/Specwar are similar cans in that they also have full stellite stacks, yet they are rated up to 300RUM.

Are there other durability/material differences, or is saying "up to 300WM" just the common industry standard for specs?
I was told by dead air employees that they can't really think of a 30cal round it doesn't support
Old 05-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

300WM seems to be industry standard. I'm sure that it isn't rated for RUM because they haven't tested it yet. Honestly it is extremely rare that I ever talk to someone that has a RUM let alone wants to put a silencer on it.
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
300WM seems to be industry standard. I'm sure that it isn't rated for RUM because they haven't tested it yet. Honestly it is extremely rare that I ever talk to someone that has a RUM let alone wants to put a silencer on it.
My only interest in the RUM would be in having a Non-belted magnum. Liberty rates their Freedom Mag to 300RUM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
cade
Dead Air Silencers

cade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshaker View Post

Just going off muzzle pressures, 300RUM shouldn't be a problem, especially considering that they are usually longer barrels. I ran the -S model on a 16" 300WM barrel during testing and it held up perfect.
cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
Jeremy M.
Silencer Shop

Jeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy M. has a spectacular aura about

That was my thought. But are you officially saying it will work Cade
Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Liberty, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
www.SilencerShop.com / Like us on Facebook
512-931-4556
Jeremy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
cade
Dead Air Silencers

cade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That was my thought. But are you officially saying it will work Cade
Sure, it'll be fine!
cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #8
green0

green0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen0 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Agreed. My thoughts completely. Why not 300 Lazzeroni Warbird rated

Because that would be like worrying about whether a Wisconsin McDonalds drive thru being built was compatible with a Mercedes Unimog.
green0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #9
hypervdh
Not a true NFA junkie

hypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to beholdhypervdh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by green0 View Post
Because that would be like worrying about whether a Wisconsin McDonalds drive thru being built was compatible with a Mercedes Unimog.
Correct. The only unimogs I know of in Wisconsin are only used on railroad tracks.

Last edited by hypervdh; 07-07-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Wtf auto-correct. Why u know have unimogs?
hypervdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:54 AM   #10
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

Unimog. Did someone say Unimog?!?
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #11
Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to allNathaniel Crunkleton is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibal View Post

Unimog. Did someone say Unimog?!?
That was really good placement of that interior doormat.