NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 02-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #21
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by areekalaan View Post
Since the Revolution was already designed to accept a reinforcement sleeve in the mount housing with the K configuration, would it be feasible to recore with an undersized diameter monocore and steel sleeve for reinforcement?
Or how about just split the revolution tube lengthwise and solder it around an unserialized cosmic tube.

Last edited by owensww; 02-07-2018 at 10:32 AM.
owensww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #22
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Since the Revolution was already designed to accept a reinforcement sleeve in the mount housing with the K configuration, would it be feasible to recore with an undersized diameter monocore and steel sleeve for reinforcement?
This would work for strength purposes, but we have no idea how it would sound... haha, only way to know would be to build it, I guess...

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #23
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensww View Post
Or how about just split the revolution tube lengthwise and solder it around an unserialized cosmic tube.
This idea, in theory, is great, but in application would not work since the griffon tube is aluminum and the Cosmic tube is titanium, I don't know of a solder that would bond the two metals... I like where you are going with this though, and a combination of this and the other idea would probably solve the problem entirely.

Dave

Old 02-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #24
owensww
Not A Clue

owensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really niceowensww is just really nice

Method of welding aluminum to titanium and a welded joint so produced
https://www.google.com/patents/US4486647

Joining aluminum to titanium alloy by friction stir lap welding with cutting pin
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...44580312001519

Do they have to truly weld together for the purposes of ATF scrutiny or, since it isn't structural and really just needs to stay attached, would the mere fact that some type of weld is performed be sufficient? Could it even be glued, threaded, or even left loose around the outside since we aren't talking about adding a barrel extension or something like that and in general threaded suppressor parts aren't permanently attached? It's just an ID bracelet.

I guess it all comes down to how ATF defines "making", but that would be a quick and easy way to upgrade, assuming the weight isn't too much. It would be great if you could chop the tube and only use the serialized portion, but that might be pushing it with the ATF and their rules.

Is the diameter of the tube on the ATF radar when it comes to repairs, or just the length and caliber?

Last edited by owensww; 02-08-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #25
Fishman

Fishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura about

Silver solder won't work?
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #26
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

1: Make the new tube 0.001 bigger than the inside of the Griffin tube.
2: Chill new tube with liquid nitrogen or dry ice / alcohol and heat the griffin tube in the oven.
3:Assemble.
4:After temperatures normalize good luck getting it apart again.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #27
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
1: Make the new tube 0.001 bigger than the inside of the Griffin tube.
2: Chill new tube with liquid nitrogen or dry ice / alcohol and heat the griffin tube in the oven.
3:Assemble.
4:After temperatures normalize good luck getting it apart again.
This precisely the method I used to use to assemble Evinrude piston/conn rod assemblies. Put the wrist pin in the freezer and heat the piston in boiling water. You had one shot to get it correctly positioned.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:21 AM   #28
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no4mk1t View Post
This precisely the method I used to use to assemble Evinrude piston/conn rod assemblies. Put the wrist pin in the freezer and heat the piston in boiling water. You had one shot to get it correctly positioned.
Make the new one oversized, lathe it to correct length.
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #29
Narsil
Creepy-Ass Cracka

Narsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to allNarsil is a name known to all

I emailed a couple months ago, asking about modifying a lever-action's tube mag to clear a suppressor and threading the barrel and was told that y'all didn't do that kind of work or weren't accepting new work; I was a little confused by the wording.

Is there any real possibility of an integrally-suppressed lever-action? What calibers other than .22 would work well if it's even realistically possible?

I think that would be pretty spankin' cool. I didn't find any evidence online that anyone had integrally-suppressed a lever-action yet.

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
—Al'Lan Mandragoran
Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:05 PM   #30
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

45LC integrally suppressed lever action with a reflex all the way back to the receiver around the magazine tube for maximum volume. Call it the Lone Ranger and make one in 22lr called Tanto.
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #31
owensww
Not A Clue

BLR or Henry Long Ranger in .243.
Has a 4 shot detachable magazine. The .243 tested here on a bolt action got 127dB at the ear with supersonic ammo.

Last edited by owensww; 02-10-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #32
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
BLR or Henry Long Ranger in .243.
Has a 4 shot detachable magazine. The .243 tested here on a bolt action got 127dB at the ear with supersonic ammo.
We actually looked at doing an integral on a BLR but decided not to do it due to the price of the host rifle is so high that it would be prohibitive... Died right there.

Dave

Old 02-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #33
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
I emailed a couple months ago, asking about modifying a lever-action's tube mag to clear a suppressor and threading the barrel and was told that y'all didn't do that kind of work or weren't accepting new work; I was a little confused by the wording.

Is there any real possibility of an integrally-suppressed lever-action? What calibers other than .22 would work well if it's even realistically possible?

I think that would be pretty spankin' cool. I didn't find any evidence online that anyone had integrally-suppressed a lever-action yet.
It would work really well in the Henry 357 lever gun... The 38 SPL is an amazing round to suppress, people get hung up on 9mm, but 38 is magic. I might get in trouble with the "high order" by outing this information, but the masses should know.

Those who have them, know that the TC single shots in 357 MAX, load them with big heavy pills and shoot them super slow. Wad cutters are pretty stable since they are just cylinders of lead...

Dave

Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #34
owensww
Not A Clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
We actually looked at doing an integral on a BLR but decided not to do it due to the price of the host rifle is so high that it would be prohibitive... Died right there.

Dave
The Henry Long Ranger is cheaper, about $800 retail. Might be a more practical option. Supposedly it is a sub MOA rifle out of the box. Function is very similar to the BLR with a rotating bolt.

I have a marlin 357. Pretty quiet with 38, although, believe it or not, several marlins tested on this site have metered with increased dB at the right ear possibly from poor chamber seal with gas venting out of the loading gate. The Henry 357 doesn't have a loading gate, so may avoid that problem, but has the disadvantage of the tubular magazine feed which may interfere with suppressor.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #35
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
The Henry Long Ranger is cheaper, about $800 retail. Might be a more practical option. Supposedly it is a sub MOA rifle out of the box. Function is very similar to the BLR with a rotating bolt.

I have a marlin 357. Pretty quiet with 38, although, believe it or not, several marlins tested on this site have metered with increased dB at the right ear possibly from poor chamber seal with gas venting out of the loading gate. The Henry 357 doesn't have a loading gate, so may avoid that problem, but has the disadvantage of the tubular magazine feed which may interfere with suppressor.
Well, would you look at that??? An aluminum BLR that doesnt cost as much as a car. The use of a rotating bolt to move to aluminum is genius and I like it! Thanks for the heads up! I am baffled...no pun intended this time...at why it would meter louder unless it is a leaky chamber seal, like you mention... Odd.

Dave

Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #36
owensww
Not A Clue

Quote:
Well, would you look at that??? An aluminum BLR that doesnt cost as much as a car. The use of a rotating bolt to move to aluminum is genius and I like it! Thanks for the heads up! I am baffled...no pun intended this time...at why it would meter louder unless it is a leaky chamber seal, like you mention... Odd.

Dave

The chamber is supposedly generous to help with cartridge feeding. Also, the lower pressure of subsonic 357 and 38 supposedly does not expand the brass enough to fully seal the enlarged chamber. People who reload for lever guns have complained on other forums about getting gas in the face on 1894 marlins for this reason, with improvement with higher pressure loads.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #37
jandbj
Rimfire revivalist

jandbj has a spectacular aura aboutjandbj has a spectacular aura aboutjandbj has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It would work really well in the Henry 357 lever gun... The 38 SPL is an amazing round to suppress, people get hung up on 9mm, but 38 is magic. I might get in trouble with the "high order" by outing this information, but the masses should know.

Those who have them, know that the TC single shots in 357 MAX, load them with big heavy pills and shoot them super slow. Wad cutters are pretty stable since they are just cylinders of lead...

Dave
Having shot JohnInNH's MAX contender with 300 grainers through a Mystic... it is absofuckinglutely magical! That's the same contender that got the Mystic rated for full power MAX loads too. And I think that Mystic is presently on its way back for an upgrade too.
jandbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #38
ryanh487
Weapons Addict

ryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to allryanh487 is a name known to all

Now that Ruger is making the American in .450 bushmaster, any thoughts on turning that into an integral? I wouldn't have the cash or purpose to buy one myself at the moment, but the concept is cool.

For that matter, integral suppressors for the ruger american in general. $400 rifle that comes in many popular to suppress calibers. an integral .300 blackout ranch would be a pretty fun toy.
ryanh487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
Fishman

Fishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura aboutFishman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh487 View Post
Now that Ruger is making the American in .450 bushmaster, any thoughts on turning that into an integral? I wouldn't have the cash or purpose to buy one myself at the moment, but the concept is cool.

For that matter, integral suppressors for the ruger american in general. $400 rifle that comes in many popular to suppress calibers. an integral .300 blackout ranch would be a pretty fun toy.
My brother has the ruger 450 and ive got an integral 450 can. I haven't yet convinced him to let me modify his barrel so that it'll fit on there. If HPA passes I'll make him his own integral for it.

It sounds good on my 450 upper.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:52 AM   #40
wlc

wlc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
Having shot JohnInNH's MAX contender with 300 grainers through a Mystic... it is absofuckinglutely magical! That's the same contender that got the Mystic rated for full power MAX loads too. And I think that Mystic is presently on its way back for an upgrade too.
John in NH is who talked me into a 357MAX. I love the thing. I shoot everything from 38 specials with 158gr to the Max with 300 gr bullets. Magical is as close as I can describe shooting it with my Mystic on it. 38's are so stupid quiet and the 300gr are very quiet and have one more kind of thump hitting the back stop I shoot into.
wlc is offline   Reply With Quote