NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Stalking Rhino Industries

Old 05-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
sinsir
Stalking Rhino Industries

sinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to all
Default So? What's going on in Matts world

Nothing new posted here in awhile, figured I'd start a thread where you could post random or interesting stuff that you've been working on or have squirreled away.... Anything,.... f-ed up Baffles.... Neat custom jobs... Random photos of burning titanium ...... Your manifesto.... Pictures of cats.... News and updates about Sri.....

Cheerfully offensive and happily misunderstood since 1972
sinsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
lawdog2k
What? Who? Me? No.

lawdog2k is a jewel in the roughlawdog2k is a jewel in the roughlawdog2k is a jewel in the roughlawdog2k is a jewel in the rough

I want pictures of cats...and really cool stuff. Well, mostly really cool stuff.
lawdog2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Gibal
Procrastinator

Gibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to beholdGibal is a splendid one to behold

http://yourauthorityisnotrecognized.com/
Gibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
sinsir

sinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to allsinsir is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog2k View Post
I want pictures of cats...and really cool stuff. Well, mostly really cool stuff.
I've got a better idea..... I know Matt fairly well at this point ( did a few transfers, jb, currently doing a recore ect) and he usually has the most random stuff in his pockets.....

Challenge issued -
Post a picture of something that you have in your pocket, when you read this......

Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Bendersquint

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

For LawDog2K.........

A picture of my 15lb orange Hemingway choking out my runt 1 y/o.

For everyone else here is a MP5SD we recored a couple years ago.

For SinSir.. here is some nasty baffles from a recent recore. Yes, that is the whole baffle stack, provided hardly any suppression, and our customer paid a good chunk of change for it, we installed Dagger baffles and now its whisper quiet.

My manifesto? That will be published in due time...
Bendersquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #6
chrismartin
Señor Member

chrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to allchrismartin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post
For LawDog2K.........

LOL... Not to derail, but here is my 150lbs Great Pyrenees choking out my 21lbs cat...

OK, not really, he just got the cat slobbery. Really, they liked each other, I swear

I really need you to recore my Evo that you already Jail Broke. Needs some stainless goodness all up in there.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
greytamer

greytamer is on a distinguished road

+1 on an Evo recore
greytamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
sinsir

It's It's that time again.... Hey Matt? Post a picture of what's in your pocket @4:55pm

Old 07-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
wacki

wacki will become famous soon enough

Do we have an ETA of when we will Stalking Rhino will go from vaporware to reality?

Production product not the custom stuff....
Old 07-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
dj_fatstyles

dj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of lightdj_fatstyles is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendersquint View Post
For LawDog2K.........
IDK that 1yo has a nice headlock on the ginger. also looks like he got in a few gut kicks too
Haha, got my manager to pull it up while we were in a meeting with a couple purchasing agents. They all looked at me like like I just shit on the table in front of all of them. That probably made me laugh even harder than the video. hahaha
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1 View Post
More like going to the dentist. He says "Open" and you grab his balls and say "We're not going to hurt each other, are we?"
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
The NFATCA was to be exactly this until they decided the Brady Campaign was too pro-gun.
dj_fatstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
sinsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacki View Post
Do we have an ETA of when we will Stalking Rhino will go from vaporware to reality?

Production product not the custom stuff....
2 weeks........

We are busy working on doing just that, however It takes time to bring an idea or even a working prototype out of the shop and onto the market. Even when we do start to release products in a stock item manner, don't expect the production numbers to be high at first, most likely the first run of daggers will be limited to a low number.
When, not, if... We release a production can, the members here at Nfatalk will be the first to know and will have to first shot at actually getting one.

Edit to add - we are still doing jailbreaks, recores and custom services as well as trying to bring stock items today market... We've been busy, but you'll love the results.

Last edited by sinsir; 07-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
wacki

wacki will become famous soon enough

Can we get a sneak peak of the priority list?

Say

#1 .22 dagger in 2014
#2 9mm pistol can (full size) in 2014
#3 mystery can in 2015
#4 5.56 full size can in 2015
#5 300 BLK take apart in 2015+

Something vague like that. Cpu companies like AMD and Intel call this "roadmaps". Putting question marks and top secret on parts of the roadmap is perfectly legal.

Last edited by wacki; 07-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
wacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
sinsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacki View Post
Can we get a sneak peak of the priority list?

Say

#1 .22 dagger in 2014
#2 9mm pistol can (full size) in 2014
#3 mystery can in 2015
#4 5.56 full size can in 2015
#5 300 BLK take apart in 2015+

Something vague like that. Cpu companies like AMD and Intel call this "roadmaps". Putting question marks and top secret on parts of the roadmap is perfectly legal.
Simply put and Brutally honest..... No
The reason being, is that if we see a change in the market or what we would like to offer, we would like to be able to detour without being accused of making vaporware.......

Edit to add - since this is a site both myself and Bender frequent often, NFA talk will be the first to know for any relevant information related to Sri.

Edit to the edit - the 22 dagger will be the first production can from Sri, some of you who were at the NC metering event got to see / hear the original prototype. I can say with full confidence that a new prototype with redesigned stainless steel Baffles is complete and we are in the testing and evaluating phase of development. Part of this also includes a full evaluation per accepted standards for decibel reduction, and my personal favorite - torture testing to failure.

Last edited by sinsir; 07-03-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsir View Post
?..and my personal favorite - torture testing to failure.
Ah, hence the call for FN 5.7 brass? Sounds like fun.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showpost.ph...60&postcount=1

Edit - wait just a minute. You're the nondestructive testing guy. I can step in and do the destructive part.
Stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
sinsir

Matt says that I should post a production list.....

Alrighty then -

1.. 22 dagger - estimated time line - 2 ?????
2. Project name, Metallica - etl - yes
3. Project name, Rick James - etl - somewhere between Metallica and Pantera
4. Project name, Pantera - etl - Rick James ain't got crap on this ... Bump it up the list bro....
5. Project name, Super secret squirrel directive 12 - etl - the wait is driving me nutz.
6. Project name, nine inch nails - etl - further down the downward spiral.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
Bendersquint

Bendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really niceBendersquint is just really nice

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about....
Bendersquint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
sinsir

Quote:

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showpost.ph...60&postcount=1

Edit - wait just a minute. You're the nondestructive testing guy. I can step in and do the destructive part.
As for the 5.7 brass.... I would be willing to confirm a definite - maybe, but not necessarily....

As for being the non destructive testing guy..... It's good to step out of particular comfort zones and take on further responsibilities to expand ones skill set, furthermore even destructive testing requires many of the same attributes and base knowledge of ndt...... In all honesty, I just like blowing crap up so I nearly begged Matt for the opportunity.

Last edited by sinsir; 07-03-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
Kristofer_G
Hobby Gun Sunday Driver

Kristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to allKristofer_G is a name known to all

Quote:
As for the 5.7 brass.... I would be willing to confirm a definite - maybe, but not necessarily....

As for being the non destructive testing guy..... It's good to step out of particular comfort zones and take on further responsibilities to expand ones skill set, furthermore even destructive testing requires many of the same attributes and base knowledge of ndt...... In all honesty, I just like blowing crap up so I nearly begged Matt for the opportunity.
Even when nondestructive testing is the goal, does not always mean that is the result.

Last edited by Kristofer_G; 07-03-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Kristofer_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
sinsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofer_G View Post
Even when nondestructive testing is the goal, does not always mean that is the result.
You are absolutely correct. If I'm running an AE exam I can usually see a problem, long before it is a problem... The unfortunate thing is, try telling that to someone who is unfamiliar/untrusting of the technology is convinced that you can't tell him anything he doesn't know about the vessel, and that you're making them look bad when you abort the test and get your equipment and yourself out of the danger zone when they refuse to cut the water for the hydrostatic test. A 15ft dia X 30ft high column of water is impressive when the vessel it is in fails catastrophically..... Enough said about that.. We return you to your regularly scheduled program.....

Old 07-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #20
no4mk1t
Distinguished Rifleman

no4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud ofno4mk1t has much to be proud of

Quote:
A 15ft dia X 30ft high column of water is impressive when the vessel it is in fails catastrophically......
Even moreso when it's HCL...