NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > Liberty Suppressors

Old 01-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
ncorry

ncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the rough
Default What the Hell Dave?

A new titanium 308 can and you didn't even post a hint here?

Looks good.

http://libertycans.net/sovereign/
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
ArevaloSOCOM
I ain't got time to bleed

ArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to allArevaloSOCOM is a name known to all

13oz is crazy light! Congrats !
Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
kramer

kramer is just really nicekramer is just really nicekramer is just really nicekramer is just really nicekramer is just really nicekramer is just really nice

C'mon Dave, you had one job to do...
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
Twinsen
Cheeki Breeki Moderator

Twinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to beholdTwinsen is a splendid one to behold

Dangit, Bobby. I grabbed a steel taper lock can from a non-Liberty manufacturer, the worst kind!
Twinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #5
Yondering

Yondering has a spectacular aura aboutYondering has a spectacular aura aboutYondering has a spectacular aura about

Without asking Liberty to give away any secrets - is the baffle stack in this one a monocore of similar style to the Mystic, Leo, etc? (meaning the slant baffles) Or is it something completely different?
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #6
DoctorSolo
Mr. Antisocial

DoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really nice

GERRRGGG!!
DoctorSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #7
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Ooopppss..... That was supposed to happen yesterday... Sorry about that.

The Sovereign is monolithic like our other silencers, it has tech in it though that is unique to the sovereign. The baffles are asymmetrical so they are on angles, but that is not all that is going on with them.

What we like the most about it is the diminutive size of this one. It only adds 4 7/8" to the overall length when you use it with the APA brake mounting setup, and a little over 5" with our in-house brake setup. Of course it will add more length with the flush mount cap. Although, even then, it is still less than 7" added since some of it passes over the muzzle.

We have been working on this can for over a year with input from several local hunters as well as several people in the PRS shooting community. This silencer is not designed for machine guns, it is designed for the person who wants an accurate long range rifle can. We looked at the whole stellite baffle idea and decided it really didn't bring anything to the table for this application, that is why we chose titanium for the core, we looked at the application and it just didn't need those sorts of alloys, strength and weight did matter though. This is also our first rifle can to be hearing safe at less than 8" in length on a 308, that made me happy.

Thanks for noticing!

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
ncorry

ncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the roughncorry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
This is also our first rifle can to be hearing safe at less than 8" in length on a 308, that made me happy.

Thanks for noticing!

Dave
I noticed on your website that there was no mention of caliber or barrel length ratings. From your statement above, is this puppy rated for a 8" 308? If so, Damn.

As for the 12.7 ounces, does that figure include the flush-mount cap/ direct thread set up? That is getting into the TBAC Ultra 7 weight arena (11.5oz Direct thread), but with around a 20% increase in volume and the TBAC is rated for 14.5" in 308. Nice work.

Now I need to decide if I need another light weight 308 caliber can or your 458 Goliath.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the roughsub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorry View Post
I noticed on your website that there was no mention of caliber or barrel length ratings. From your statement above, is this puppy rated for a 8" 308? If so, Damn.

As for the 12.7 ounces, does that figure include the flush-mount cap/ direct thread set up? That is getting into the TBAC Ultra 7 weight arena (11.5oz Direct thread), but with around a 20% increase in volume and the TBAC is rated for 14.5" in 308. Nice work.

Now I need to decide if I need another light weight 308 caliber can or your 458 Goliath.
Not sure why you would even bother to put a can on a 8" 308, but it would survive it...for a while. Baffle erosion would he hidious as well. I would also check stability before you did that too. Honestly, is it designed for hunters and PRS shooters who want a small light weight can that will fit muzzle brakes without having to remove the brake. That is why we didn't bother to rate it for full auto, why? When the additional cost to beef it up to that level makes it not worth the trouble. It can survive limited full auto fire, but it is titanium...

Dave

Old 01-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #10
Bowen1911
Industry Unprofessional

Bowen1911 is a jewel in the roughBowen1911 is a jewel in the roughBowen1911 is a jewel in the roughBowen1911 is a jewel in the roughBowen1911 is a jewel in the rough

I'm impressed at the 20 ounce 458 can. Mine in progress is right at 28, but no fancy titanium.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #11
sub
Liberty Suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen1911 View Post
I'm impressed at the 20 ounce 458 can. Mine in progress is right at 28, but no fancy titanium.
Thanks, We wanted to cut all the weight we could but still retain all the strength possible. Titanium just made sense for this.

David